Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles QB Report Card
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 9 2015, 04:29 PM) *

Looks like Teblow had a second day that can be categorized as a good day at camp, even though he still sucked at actually throwing the ball.

Still, that's two good days more than Barkley.

nephillymike
good news on the QB's.

I'm surprised by the small # of reps for Barkley and Tebow lately. I thought they all got a bunch of reps.

40,000 is an awesome attendance.

Hopefully they put on a decent show and more than the 90 minute norm.
Joegrane
A surprising report by an admitted Tebow-basher.

10. Tebow. Still a mixed bag. As a known Tebow basher, I must admit he looks vastly improved compared to when he was in Philadelphia's camp with the New England Patriots back in 2013. The throwing motion is much more compact, and not surprisingly, he's a lot more accurate as a result. He aired out a couple of nice long passes Sunday, including the TD to Burton, and also turned the corner on a read-option keeper and had nothing but open field in front of him, much to the crowd's enjoyment. But later on during 7s, Tebow has a rough stretch where he threw one into the giant fly swatters at the line of scrimmage, then came back and badly underthrew wideout Riley Cooper on a deep ball that should've been an easy six and instead was batted away. The good news for Tebow is Matt Barkley hasn't done much to separate himself, either. That's where preseason games will come in.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...s-training-camp
xsv
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 9 2015, 08:07 PM) *
A surprising report by an admitted Tebow-basher.

Yes, I guess horribly inconsistent is considerably improved from flat out terrible.
Joegrane
The quote was "vastly improved." Of course that is as a passer.

He still provides the size of a FB on 4th and 6 inches, a legitimate threat in the Read Option, history as a "winner," and solid character. The improvements as a passer, especially on deep balls, will only make him more credible overall as a backup QB.

If this continues, it will be reasonable to roll the dice with him as a "developmental" #3 QB, hoping that he will gradually develop consistency with his improved mechanics.

I don't hate Barkley but if reports are correct, Tebow has more upside potential.

Are you more of an Eagles fan than you are an atheist activist?

QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 9 2015, 09:08 PM) *
Yes, I guess horribly inconsistent is considerably improved from flat out terrible.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 9 2015, 10:21 PM) *

He still provides the size of a FB on 4th and 6 inches, a legitimate threat in the Read Option, history as a "winner," and solid character. The improvements as a passer, especially on deep balls, will only make him more credible overall as a backup QB.

If this continues, it will be reasonable to roll the dice with him as a "developmental" #3 QB, hoping that he will gradually develop consistency with his improved mechanics.

I don't hate Barkley but if reports are correct, Tebow has more upside potential.

See...here is your problem.....

His size and running ability are a plus but you have to mention his character but that is a non factor because none of the other QBs have character issues so it is a moot point and that is what starts all the banter...who gives a fuck if he has solid character? So does Sanchez(regardless of the dipshit posts to the contrary that are thoroughly debunked) and so does Barkley. And he is not a proven winner...he won games with a great defense and he ran the ball well.....he is a small piece in an arsenal at best.

and Tebow has little upside...you know what you are getting with him and it can help but don't overstate what he is or could be.

And I am a Catholic so your religious BS is also moot. I don't care who makes it between him and Barkley but I want someone who can help the team.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 9 2015, 07:34 PM) *
See...here is your problem.....

His size and running ability are a plus but you have to mention his character but that is a non factor because none of the other QBs have character issues so it is a moot point and that is what starts all the banter...who gives a fuck if he has solid character? So does Sanchez(regardless of the dipshit posts to the contrary that are thoroughly debunked) and so does Barkley. And he is not a proven winner...he won games with a great defense and he ran the ball well.....he is a small piece in an arsenal at best.

and Tebow has little upside...you know what you are getting with him and it can help but don't overstate what he is or could be.

And I am a Catholic so your religious BS is also moot. I don't care who makes it between him and Barkley but I want someone who can help the team.

Deus irae makes some good points in the following thread http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patrio....1119208/page-2

ausbacker said: ↑
No. Tebow had a talented roster around him. Put him on the Jags of the past few seasons and he's a 3-4 win per season guy. When you complete passes at a 47.9% clip @PatsWickedPissah, you're not a good QB.

Dues Irae responded to aids backer and said "That "talented roster" went 4-14 without Tebow starting, in the two seasons he was there, but was 8-6 with him as the starter. Try again."
xsv
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 9 2015, 10:21 PM) *

OK. I supposed horribly inconsistent can be "vastly improved" from flat out terrible. The point is, he's still horribly inconsistent.

And he's not a "developmental" qb, he's a journeyman. At this point, he doens't have the remaining time in this league to "gradually develop consistency". Running skills quickly deteriorate around the age of 30, especially when you're as big as Teblow is, and how attractive of an option do you think he's going to be after he loses a step? Assuming he can make a team somewhere as a backup qb (which is still a bit of a stretch at this point), he's probably only got 3 or 4 years left in this league. Maybe 5 years at the absolute most.

You don't learn how to properly throw at football at 27 years old and be relevant in this league. If he makes the team, it will be as a 3rd string QB. He'll be good for the locker room, and more like a mascot, or "Rudy" than a developmental qb at this point.
mcnabbulous
Inconsistency is the #1 worst trait you can have as a QB. Even Donovan, who was 20x the QB as Tebow, suffered from it, which is probably the only reason he never got over the hump.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 01:16 AM) *
Deus irae makes some good points in the following thread http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patrio....1119208/page-2

ausbacker said: ↑
No. Tebow had a talented roster around him. Put him on the Jags of the past few seasons and he's a 3-4 win per season guy. When you complete passes at a 47.9% clip @PatsWickedPissah, you're not a good QB.

Dues Irae responded to aids backer and said "That "talented roster" went 4-14 without Tebow starting, in the two seasons he was there, but was 8-6 with him as the starter. Try again."

If you looked at it on its face, like someone who knows nothing about football....you might agree....

But lets look at those "wins"....

2011 he went 7-4 as a starter.....in those 7 wins the Broncos scored 18 points or less in 5 of them...so yes...the defense carried the day in those games...in 4 of the 11 games he started he was able to eclipse the 50% completion rate...2 of those were exactly 50% and he threw for over 200 yds twice in 11 games...

2010 was really his bellweather year....he went 1-2 with his best game coming in against the 6-10 texans...the only time he eclipsed 300 yards.

Remember...he had Brandon Lloyd in 2010.....Decker in 2011 as well as Thomas.

But the best way to put it in perspective is this.

In 2011 the Broncos had no 1000 yd. receivers...hell...they did not even have an 650 yd. WR.

In 2012 Decker and Thomas both went over the 1000 yd. mark....

So yeah....Tebow was the problem.....

They won with a stingy defense and some incredible luck if you were paying attention to the streak at the time.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 10 2015, 12:01 PM) *
If you looked at it on its face, like someone who knows nothing about football....you might agree....

But lets look at those "wins"....

2011 he went 7-4 as a starter.....in those 7 wins the Broncos scored 18 points or less in 5 of them...so yes...the defense carried the day in those games...in 4 of the 11 games he started he was able to eclipse the 50% completion rate...2 of those were exactly 50% and he threw for over 200 yds twice in 11 games...

2010 was really his bellweather year....he went 1-2 with his best game coming in against the 6-10 texans...the only time he eclipsed 300 yards.

Remember...he had Brandon Lloyd in 2010.....Decker in 2011 as well as Thomas.

But the best way to put it in perspective is this.

In 2011 the Broncos had no 1000 yd. receivers...hell...they did not even have an 650 yd. WR.

In 2012 Decker and Thomas both went over the 1000 yd. mark....

So yeah....Tebow was the problem.....

They won with a stingy defense and some incredible luck if you were paying attention to the streak at the time.

The team had a losing record before Tebow came in. Once he got there he helped them get to the playoffs and win a playoff game. So who was the problem before Tebow came in? The Broncos had a losing record prior to him coming in.

I am not saying that he was this great QB, but you are taking away all credit from Tebow and that's wrong. It tells me that you Possibly have an anti Tebow agenda.

I am not sure if your comment about knowledge of football was a general one or one that is directed at me. If it was directed at me specifically than I will say you don't know me from Adam. Thus, you don't know anything about what I know or don't know.

UFC champ Chris Weidmen defends Tebow

http://youtu.be/WHFM4OGSgt8
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 04:13 PM) *
The team had a losing record before Tebow came in. Once he got there he helped them get to the playoffs and win a playoff game. So who was the problem before Tebow came in? The Broncos had a losing record prior to him coming in.

I am not saying that he was this great QB, but you are taking away all credit from Tebow and that's wrong. It tells me that you Possibly have an anti Tebow agenda.

I am not sure if your comment about knowledge of football was a general one or one that is directed at me. If it was directed at me specifically than I will say you don't know me from Adam. Thus, you don't know anything about what I know or don't know.

Teblow, Teblow, Teblow!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 04:13 PM) *

My comment about football knowledge was directed at you due to the content of your posts to date.

Your lack of knowledge extends beyond football due to your ignorance when considering me anti Tebow. Had you read my countless posts defending Kelly keeping Tebow should he choose to do so you would realize just how stupid that comment is...for proof consult xsv.

And I don't know you from Adam, I can only go by what you post here and it reminds me of the old adage "tis better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".

Think for a few before you type something silly....if Tebow was or had the potential to be a legitimate starting QB in this league do you really think that 31 other GM/head coach tandems would pass on him? Really? With all the dreck that mans the position across the league?

He has the potential to be a decent contributor at the wildcat position....that is what this Kelly experiment is all about...he will take on the role that Brad Smith occupied minus the ST play....if he makes the team. It is that simple...nothing more, nothing less.

Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 10 2015, 02:37 PM) *
My comment about football knowledge was directed at you due to the content of your posts to date.

Your lack of knowledge extends beyond football due to your ignorance when considering me anti Tebow. Had you read my countless posts defending Kelly keeping Tebow should he choose to do so you would realize just how stupid that comment is...for proof consult xsv.

And I don't know you from Adam, I can only go by what you post here and it reminds me of the old adage "tis better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".

Think for a few before you type something silly....if Tebow was or had the potential to be a legitimate starting QB in this league do you really think that 31 other GM/head coach tandems would pass on him? Really? With all the dreck that mans the position across the league?

He has the potential to be a decent contributor at the wildcat position....that is what this Kelly experiment is all about...he will take on the role that Brad Smith occupied minus the ST play....if he makes the team. It is that simple...nothing more, nothing less.

Just because someone disagree with your point of view in regards to Tebow doesn't mean they lack football knowledge. You can explain your differing view with out being so rude and our current conversation would have been much more pleasant.

Btw I said you could Possibly have an anti Tebow agenda. Not that you certainly did but you might.

My posts to date don't indicate a lack of any kind of knowledge. Your post here indicates arrogance and rudeness. Have a good day!
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 10 2015, 02:10 PM) *
Teblow, Teblow, Teblow!!

We know you hate everything about him and that's fine. Do you have anything new you would like to contribute to the current discussion? Like I said we know you have assigned him a new name and that you hate his guts.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 05:57 PM) *
We know you hate everything about him and that's fine. Do you have anything new you would like to contribute to the current discussion? Like I said we know you have assigned him a new name and that you hate his guts.

He'll contribute more to the Teblow conversation when you contribute more to this board than Teblow.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 10 2015, 07:40 PM) *
He'll contribute more to the Teblow conversation when you contribute more to this board than Teblow.

Lol, spot on!
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 06:57 PM) *

Yes, I would like to contribute my opinion that you are ignorant about football, and naive about life in general.

Also, you don't know jack shit about what I hate. I happen to be a very big fan of Tebow, as a person and humanitarian. I'm also a huge fan of Stephen Hawking. I wouldn't want him to play quarterback on the Eagles either, although he could probably play better qb than tebow.

In fact if it wasn't for your incessant, irritating, personal crusade to plaster the internet with tebow propaganda, I never would have made more than a passing comment about him. He's not worth the discussion, to be honest. I'm just adding the ying to your yang.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 10 2015, 04:40 PM) *

I wasn't even talking to you. But I guess you would like to gang up on a certain poster. I think XSV can speak for himself . Bully is like when one person picks on someone and the other has to join the other in the bullying because it's the cool thing to do. Certain posters here have noticed the bullying that goes on around here by some.

This thread was about Eagles QBs and XSV came in here to simply state his dislike for Tebow by stating teblow 3 times. He's welcome to dislike Tebow all day long. My question for him was does he have anything more to add to the thread topic as a whole. If I go into a thread topic I will speak about the thread topic. Not just come in a post a remark about a player that adds nothing to the thread.

You're a bully nothing more.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 10 2015, 05:00 PM) *
Yes, I would like to contribute my opinion that you are ignorant about football, and naive about life in general.

Also, you don't know jack shit about what I hate. I happen to be a very big fan of Tebow, as a person and humanitarian. I'm also a huge fan of Stephen Hawking. I wouldn't want him to play quarterback on the Eagles either, although he could probably play better qb than tebow.

In fact if it wasn't for your incessant, irritating, personal crusade to plaster the internet with tebow propaganda, I never would have made more than a passing comment about him. He's not worth the discussion, to be honest. I'm just adding the ying to your yang.

I would like to contribute my opinion that you are ignorant about football and life in general.

Well if you don't hate Tebow you could have fooled everyone on this board. Like I said before you are free to hate whoever or whatever you want. Let's leave it at that cause this conversation is going no where.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 9 2015, 07:21 PM) *

Interesting he didnt even answer the last question in your post.

Anyways good post Joe.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 07:17 PM) *
I think XSV can speak for himself .

Sometimes when you can articulate something so perfectly, it's okay to speak for others. It seems as though X agreed.

I suspect you've never encountered that scenario personally.
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 08:20 PM) *
I would like to contribute my opinion that you are ignorant about football and life in general.

Well if you don't hate Tebow you could have fooled everyone on this board. Like I said before you are free to hate whoever or whatever you want. Let's leave it at that cause this conversation is going no where.

Why is it that Christians think that anyone that doesn't agree with them must "hate". Such a violent and ugly word to throw around, and yet you like to throw it around and label people with it who don't agree with you. Just because I don't think Teblow has what it takes to play QB on this team, or in the league, or even in the CFL or AFL, doens't mean I hate the guy. Calling him Teblow is direct correlation to his qb quarterbacking skills.

I know, it's difficult for a very young man like you to tell the difference right now. Don't worry, as you get a little older, and gain a little more real world experience, you'll be more exposed to real hate, and you'll start to be able to tell the difference.

For now, just know that I don't hate Teblow. I don't even dislike him. I genuinely like the guy. I just don't want him to play QB on this team because I don't think he's good enough. If he was a RB, FB, or TE, positions he can probably actually play well, I'd have no problem with him playing on this team.
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 10 2015, 08:17 PM) *
I wasn't even talking to you. But I guess you would like to gang up on a certain poster. I think XSV can speak for himself . Bully is like when one person picks on someone and the other has to join the other in the bullying because it's the cool thing to do. Certain posters here have noticed the bullying that goes on around here by some.

This thread was about Eagles QBs and XSV came in here to simply state his dislike for Tebow by stating teblow 3 times. He's welcome to dislike Tebow all day long. My question for him was does he have anything more to add to the thread topic as a whole. If I go into a thread topic I will speak about the thread topic. Not just come in a post a remark about a player that adds nothing to the thread.

You're a bully nothing more.

TEBLOW! TEBLOW! TEBLOW!!
Pila
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 11 2015, 01:20 AM) *

No one hates Teblow, dummy. The gagging reflex you're experiencing is a result of the insufferable incipient manufactured cultish, plastic, indoctrinated personality zombies we're forced to tolerate because of his holiness. It's not Teblow, stoopid - it's you. You're a groupie, lacking in anything that could identify with Eagle football culture... Or sports in general... Or anything unique, in fact. You're little more than porcelain, insisting you belong in a playground because some random event blew a piece of a shelf into the yard, and now you can't stop complaining you're getting stepped on.

Take your idolatry back to church. This is a playground.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.