Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip Kelly: Tim Tebow has skills other quarterbacks don't have
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
hmmmm...it seems someone on this board said that very same thing....
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 6 2015, 09:53 PM) *

The ability to kill worms?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 7 2015, 09:56 AM) *
The ability to kill worms?

hurt people try to hurt people...

hahahahaha
Pila
I agree with Chip - his ability to lead a cult of irrational fans is unparalleled.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 7 2015, 10:07 AM) *
hurt people try to hurt people...

hahahahaha

Indeed, lol.
JeeQ
Can't wait until Tim Tebow is starting games for us this season... this board is going to be hilarious

If you can't see that Tim Tebow is going to be a big factor on this team going forward you're being willfully blind

Chip really gives no fucks
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 7 2015, 10:55 AM) *
Can't wait until Tim Tebow is starting games for us this season... this board is going to be hilarious

If you can't see that Tim Tebow is going to be a big factor on this team going forward you're being willfully blind

Lets not getting carried away. He might make the team as the 3rd string qb. But he's not going to be anywhere near being a "big factor" unless both Bradford and Sanchez go down.
Joegrane
Several reporters thought he had a good day as a passer yesterday, including this.

If you’re a Tim Tebow fan — and judging by Tuesday’s Linc practice, plenty of you are — this was your day. Tebow dazzled in first grouping of reps in the 11-on-11 drills. In a three-rep sequence, Tebow found newcomer Mike Johnson (from Delaware) down the seam, fired an accurate strike along the right sideline to Quron Pratt (who ran a sweet out route and made a nice over-the-shoulder catch) and connected in picturesque fashion with halfback Raheem Mostert on a deep wheel route down the right side that left linebacker Brandon Hepburn in the dust. Chip Kelly had said Tuesday that Tebow had been throwing with more zip lately than he did in the minicamps.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...s-training-camp

D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 7 2015, 01:53 AM) *

What he "has" that other QBs do not is an inability to throw the ball. That, and a legion of dim witted, know-nothing-about-football, zealot "fans."
xsv
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 7 2015, 12:38 PM) *
Several reporters thought he had a good day as a passer yesterday, including this.

Yup, 3 passes in a row. Not too bad for a 3rd string qb. it was his fist good day in camp. We'll have to see if it continues. unfortuantly, he appears to be having a bad day today. Already a pair on ints and a "sack".

Also, he was skipped in rotation for the first time this camp. Probably doesn't mean much.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 7 2015, 12:54 PM) *
What he "has" that other QBs do not is an inability to throw the ball. That, and a legion of dim witted, know-nothing-about-football, zealot "fans."

Just curious, "IF" Tebow makes the team, would that qualify Chip Kelly as part of the legion of dim witted, know-nothing-about-football, zealot "fans."? or would it be time to admit that there may be something more to Tebow than his past NFL experience would illustrate?
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 7 2015, 01:00 PM) *
Just curious, "IF" Tebow makes the team, would that qualify Chip Kelly as part of the legion of dim witted, know-nothing-about-football, zealot "fans."? or would it be time to admit that there may be something more to Tebow than his past NFL experience would illustrate?

He is what he is. If he makes the team,it will be because Barkely has stunk up the joint. If Him and Barkely are going to play like crap, you might as well take the guy who can at least run the ball.
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 7 2015, 01:02 PM) *
He is what he is. If he makes the team,it will be because Barkely has stunk up the joint. If Him and Barkely are going to play like crap, you might as well take the guy who can at least run the ball.

Two more bad passes from Teblow. One that should have been intercepted. Seems like he's having a really rough day.
Pila
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 7 2015, 02:55 PM) *

If by "big factor" you mean minimal factor as a best case scenario (he makes the team) than I'd agree... With those splitting their spleens suppressing laughter at the irony of your "willfully ignorant" accusation.
american_champion_reborn
Time to shock the World again.. It's TeBow time.. This time in Philly with a genius offensive coach.. A match made in heaven.. .
D Rock
QUOTE (american_champion_reborn @ Aug 7 2015, 11:52 PM) *
Time to shock the World again.. It's TeBow time.. This time in Philly with a genius offensive coach.. A match made in heaven..

Fuck Tim fucking TeBlow.

He sucks NARDS.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 7 2015, 10:00 AM) *

Well it seems like your post was skipped over by your intended recipient. Anyways good points once again Phits.
JeeQ
"Tim obviously has a lot of skills that other quarterbacks don't have because of his ability to run the football," Kelly said. "But we have not delved into any of that. Right now we are just competing and getting reps. Guys are with the ones, guys are with the twos, guys are with the threes. I saw Sam in with the threes; I've seen [Mark] Sanchez in with the threes, I've seen Tim with the twos and the ones. We're just rolling guys.
"We haven't spent any time as an offensive staff looking at, `Hey, how do we do this or what can we do in terms of working out how the final roster is going to express itself?' "

Tebow is running with the starters now... prepare thyselves
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 7 2015, 06:00 PM) *

No. Of course not. Don't be stupid.

Because he will be a 3rd stringer. Chip will likely not make a message board tour declaring him the second coming.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 8 2015, 11:15 AM) *
No. Of course not. Don't be stupid.

Because he will be a 3rd stringer. Chip will likely not make a message board tour declaring him the second coming.

D....the easy way out is to just say to these folks that if he makes the team that Chip has decided to not have a 3rd QB and he is just replacing Brad Smith on the roster....because if he makes it that is what is happening.....
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 8 2015, 03:24 PM) *
Tebow is running with the starters now... prepare thyselves

He may be running with the starters, but he certainly can't pass to them.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 8 2015, 03:35 PM) *
He may be running with the starters, but he certainly can't pass to them.

and yet it is being reported he has had some good days throwing the ball.....even by Reuben Frank who hated the idea of him here....go figure
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 8 2015, 03:52 PM) *
and yet it is being reported he has had some good days throwing the ball.....even by Reuben Frank who hated the idea of him here....go figure

False. He's had a good day passing. Singular. As well as several bad ones.

But, he is playing better than Barkley.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 8 2015, 04:55 PM) *
False. He's had a good day passing. Singular. As well as several bad ones.

But, he is playing better than Barkley.

actually incorrect...he had a great day but has been very good at times on other days...hence good and not great reviews....

when Reuben does anything but vomit on Tebow you know he has done something right....Reuben frank may like the signing of Tebow even less than you do...
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 8 2015, 05:18 PM) *
actually incorrect...he had a great day but has been very good at times on other days...hence good and not great reviews....

when Reuben does anything but vomit on Tebow you know he has done something right....Reuben frank may like the signing of Tebow even less than you do...

Ok, I give up. I just finished going back and scanning every one of Rrubsn's posts in the past two weeks, and I can't find any mention of Teblow having a good camp.

By every other account out there, he's had one good day of camp so far. Every other day he was terrible. Overall, I've seen his performance graded as a "c" or lower.

And I didn't mind the TeBlow signing to push Barkley. He sucks as a wb, and I don't think he'll make the team, but he is a great runner, and if Chip thinks he can find a way to use that, then great. Also, Barkley sucks, too.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 8 2015, 06:42 PM) *
Ok, I give up. I just finished going back and scanning every one of Rrubsn's posts in the past two weeks, and I can't find any mention of Teblow having a good camp.

By every other account out there, he's had one good day of camp so far. Every other day he was terrible. Overall, I've seen his performance graded as a "c" or lower.

And I didn't mind the TeBlow signing to push Barkley. He sucks as a wb, and I don't think he'll make the team, but he is a great runner, and if Chip thinks he can find a way to use that, then great. Also, Barkley sucks, too.

He reports on CSN very day(television) sorry...should have added that. I can't stand Reuben, myself. he kissed Shady's ass while hiding all the shitty stuff McCoy did.
xsv
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 8 2015, 07:06 PM) *
He reports on CSN very day(television) sorry...should have added that. I can't stand Reuben, myself. he kissed Shady's ass while hiding all the shitty stuff McCoy did.

Gotcha. I'd be interested in hearing or reading that anywhere. If he's playing well I wouldn't mind him nearly as much. But he hasn't been out of two years because of nothing. Believe me, it isn't because of his religious beliefs. If Barkley isn't going to step up, I'd prefer GJ, but whatever. I'm not going to be upset to see TeBlow play well, I just don't think he will.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 9 2015, 12:54 AM) *
Gotcha. I'd be interested in hearing or reading that anywhere. If he's playing well I wouldn't mind him nearly as much. But he hasn't been out of two years because of nothing. Believe me, it isn't because of his religious beliefs. If Barkley isn't going to step up, I'd prefer GJ, but whatever. I'm not going to be upset to see TeBlow play well, I just don't think he will.

I actually agree with you there...if they want a guy with versatility to run the ball as a 3rd they should keep Kinne...I would have no problem with that. With all the looks that Kinne is getting that mey be the way Chip goes....I think Barkley is done here regardless...this may be a run between Kinne and Tebow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.