Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kelly the Gm
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Ced83
Let me count the ways
1.Desean - he wasn't the Gm but he forced this cut to happen.
Getting rid of him hurt the run game and Foles loaded box and foles one weapons he was comfortable with I bet if we had DeSean we make the playoffs.
2.Shady - Kelly made us believe he didn't value rbs at that price shady was getting paid. Hmmmm after Frank played Chip he offered Mathews a contract fans started to boo so he had to make up by overpaying Murray and then he still left offer on the table for Mathews when he could have taken it down so we got a lot of money tied up in two backs. Murray, Sproles and Polk would have done just fine IMO.
3 . Bradford - He gave up foles and a pick hmmm I think St.louis would have delth that straight up no pick me personally foles cheaper and better but chip wanted to give the farm up for mariota which if titans would have excepted would have knocked us out with all those holes left to fill.
Maxwell- We overpaid for he's a project of having 3 pro bowlers playing in the secondary along with him. I'm sure Cary Williams will have a better season than him.
5.Draft- He did well but he missed on o line help.
6.Mathis- He could have given him a million dollar bump. And if I owned his rights he can sit out but I bet he would have came around and played for us.
Boykins - I would have at least gotten a third round pick for him and Chip basically just gave him away.
Chip is a brilliant offensive coach but this GM thing is definitely a rookie at. Our whole season is in Bradfords hands SMdh.
Zero
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 01:43 PM) *
Let me count the ways
Getting rid of him hurt the run game and Foles loaded box and foles one weapons he was comfortable with I bet if we had DeSean we make the playoffs.
2.Shady - Kelly made us believe he didn't value rbs at that price shady was getting paid. Hmmmm after Frank played Chip he offered Mathews a contract fans started to boo so he had to make up by overpaying Murray and then he still left offer on the table for Mathews when he could have taken it down so we got a lot of money tied up in two backs. Murray, Sproles and Polk would have done just fine IMO.
3 . Bradford - He gave up foles and a pick hmmm I think St.louis would have delth that straight up no pick me personally foles cheaper and better but chip wanted to give the farm up for mariota which if titans would have excepted would have knocked us out with all those holes left to fill.
Maxwell- We overpaid for he's a project of having 3 pro bowlers playing in the secondary along with him. I'm sure Cary Williams will have a better season than him.
6.Mathis- He could have given him a million dollar bump. And if I owned his rights he can sit out but I bet he would have came around and played for us.
Boykins - I would have at least gotten a third round pick for him and Chip basically just gave him away.
Chip is a brilliant offensive coach but this GM thing is definitely a rookie at. Our whole season is in Bradfords hands SMdh.
Jackson is interested in Jackson. I agree they should have gotten something for him, but it seems like nobody wanted to give up anything for him. Loved Shady but something tells me I'm going to love Murray/Mathews more. Too soon to be calling anyone out on Bradford for Foles +2 yet. I'm very interested to see how this works out. Mathis is still unemployed. I would have thought they'd keep him until they traded him but unemployment is saying something. What makes you think Boykin could have brought 'at least' a third?

Stop the hate. Enjoy the ride!
JeeQ
I love Chip Kelly the coach, but I'd throw a brick at the head of Chip Kelly the GM... This is how I feel after most of Kelly's GM moves:

Ced83
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 2 2015, 12:49 PM) *
Jackson is interested in Jackson. I agree they should have gotten something for him, but it seems like nobody wanted to give up anything for him. Loved Shady but something tells me I'm going to love Murray/Mathews more. Too soon to be calling anyone out on Bradford for Foles +2 yet. I'm very interested to see how this works out. Mathis is still unemployed. I would have thought they'd keep him until they traded him but unemployment is saying something. What makes you think Boykin could have brought 'at least' a third?

Stop the hate. Enjoy the ride!

We don't know if he is but theirs a lot of teams needing corners I think Chip let the steelers dictate this move not the other way around. Kelly never wanted Boykins so he should have moved him but the steelers been after Boykins so make them give up more IMO. He devalued a guy he didn't want.
Ced83
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 2 2015, 01:05 PM) *
I love Chip Kelly the coach, but I'd throw a brick at the head of Chip Kelly the GM... This is how I feel after most of Kelly's GM moves:

You and me both make that two bricks at Chip's head.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 12:43 PM) *
Let me count the ways

I bet if we had Desean, Desean would have acted like a petulant child this season while his QB sucked balls on the field.

Seeing as how you can't really type in coherent sentences, we're probably better off that your opinion doesn't carry much weight around Novacare. Shady was trash last year. Murray/Mathews fit Chip's style and won't constantly leave us in "and long" situations, which Shady did with his boom or bust style of play.

You think St. Louis would have done that without the pick, but the pick was in the deal. So you're wrong. They were offered a first for Bradford from Cleveland. They basically valued Foles as the difference between the pick they got from us and the first they turned down from Cleveland. Meaning Foles didn't have a whole lot of value.

So you think we should have kept Cary Williams? What exactly is your alternative to the Maxwell signing (who I virtually guarantee you haven't watched more than a few quarters of)

You can't have it all.

He didn't deserve a million dollar bump. If anything, he deserved to give money back. He's a fucking guard.

lolololol. Would you have? Chip got a conditional 5th (which is very likely to become a 4th) because no one wanted to give up anything more for Boykin. This despite the fact that countless teams (including the one coached by the guy who drafted Boykin) have needs at CB.

Our season is always in the hands of our QB. I'm extremely excited about the fact that in this case it's Bradford and not Foles.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 01:43 PM) *
Let me count the ways

ummm...you realize Maclin replaced Jackson with no loss in production, right? I mean you get that, right?

And regardless of how...you realize that Chip, the GM, went out and got the best RB in football last year to replace the 3rd ranked RB?

And you still think that Kelly was after Mariota?....you apparently think he is an idiot because only an idiot thinks that is true...while I am sure Kelly would have loved him he knew the cost.....which is why he went out and got Bradford....only an idiot would have traded the cost to get Mariota

Mathis declined last year and was playing for a huge number ......odd he is still unemployed...no?

Boykin was traded for a conditional pick....if he plays for Pitt...the pick is a 4th rounder......certainly not nothing and Boykin was not happy here......he wanted to play outside and they did not like him there....I guess you were at the practices over the last 3 years where he was incredible outside and they just stymied his growth out there......I wasn't but they obviously felt he could not cover bigger guys in press coverage.....coverage out of the slot is much different.....he was leaving after this year regardless....now they got a pick for him. But I love the "I would have got" comments....as if....

i can't complain too much so far.....I defer to the staff's knowledge of their vision much more than what little we know....it appears that he thinks Guards are easy to replace....a belief fortified by his doing just that last year....
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 02:10 PM) *
I bet if we had Desean, Desean would have acted like a petulant child this season while his QB sucked balls on the field.

Seeing as how you can't really type in coherent sentences, we're probably better off that your opinion doesn't carry much weight around Novacare. Shady was trash last year. Murray/Mathews fit Chip's style and won't constantly leave us in "and long" situations, which Shady did with his boom or bust style of play.

You think St. Louis would have done that without the pick, but the pick was in the deal. So you're wrong. They were offered a first for Bradford from Cleveland. They basically valued Foles as the difference between the pick they got from us and the first they turned down from Cleveland. Meaning Foles didn't have a whole lot of value.

So you think we should have kept Cary Williams? What exactly is your alternative to the Maxwell signing (who I virtually guarantee you haven't watched more than a few quarters of)

You can't have it all.

He didn't deserve a million dollar bump. If anything, he deserved to give money back. He's a fucking guard.

lolololol. Would you have? Chip got a conditional 5th (which is very likely to become a 4th) because no one wanted to give up anything more for Boykin. This despite the fact that countless teams (including the one coached by the guy who drafted Boykin) have needs at CB.

Our season is always in the hands of our QB. I'm extremely excited about the fact that in this case it's Bradford and not Foles.

I can type in coherent I just don't. I type the way I want that's my thing, you are one of those guys who think chip can do no wrong and that's terrible. But I understand chip can get grown men to drink shakes and wear alarm clocks give bed times I can understand your problem.
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 04:15 PM) *
ummm...you realize Maclin replaced Jackson with no loss in production, right? I mean you get that, right?

And regardless of how...you realize that Chip, the GM, went out and got the best RB in football last year to replace the 3rd ranked RB?

And you still think that Kelly was after Mariota?....you apparently think he is an idiot because only an idiot thinks that is true...while I am sure Kelly would have loved him he knew the cost.....which is why he went out and got Bradford....only an idiot would have traded the cost to get Mariota

Mathis declined last year and was playing for a huge number ......odd he is still unemployed...no?

Boykin was traded for a conditional pick....if he plays for Pitt...the pick is a 4th rounder......certainly not nothing and Boykin was not happy here......he wanted to play outside and they did not like him there....I guess you were at the practices over the last 3 years where he was incredible outside and they just stymied his growth out there......I wasn't but they obviously felt he could not cover bigger guys in press coverage.....coverage out of the slot is much different.....he was leaving after this year regardless....now they got a pick for him. But I love the "I would have got" comments....as if....

i can't complain too much so far.....I defer to the staff's knowledge of their vision much more than what little we know....it appears that he thinks Guards are easy to replace....a belief fortified by his doing just that last year....

Uhh we don't have Maclin no more you do know that right? Chip dropped the ball on Maclin he should have signed him to a deal before the season was over. But he didn't want to pay Maclin coming off an injury but he can pay Sam coming off an injury how does that work for you? Murray had truck lanes to run through the same oline that almost made Romo the Mvp of the league. Murray isn't even in Shady league.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 04:51 PM) *
Uhh we don't have Maclin no more you do know that right? Chip dropped the ball on Maclin he should have signed him to a deal before the season was over. But he didn't want to pay Maclin coming off an injury but he can pay Sam coming off an injury how does that work for you? Murray had truck lanes to run through the same oline that almost made Romo the Mvp of the league. Murray isn't even in Shady league.

They tried to sign Maclin to a longer term deal and he didn't want to.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 04:56 PM) *
They tried to sign Maclin to a longer term deal and he didn't want to.

So you telling me Maclin came off injury and turned down a long term deal?
Clamd1gger
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 07:15 PM) *
So you telling me Maclin came off injury and turned down a long term deal?

Yes, of course. Have you been living under a rock?

If you had any confidence in yourself, you're not going to sign a long-term deal when your value has just been devastated by an ACL tear. You're going to show the other 31 teams how good you are so you can drive your value up for a long-term deal at the end of the season.

Did you just wake up from a coma?
Ced83
QUOTE (Clamd1gger @ Aug 2 2015, 07:26 PM) *
Yes, of course. Have you been living under a rock?

If you had any confidence in yourself, you're not going to sign a long-term deal when your value has just been devastated by an ACL tear. You're going to show the other 31 teams how good you are so you can drive your value up for a long-term deal at the end of the season.

Did you just wake up from a coma?

Dude, Chip never offered Maclin a deal until free agency started. Where do you get this crap. Show me proof he offered Maclin anything other than a one year deal at the beginning of the season?
Joegrane
Well said. Boykin was originally a 4th rounder. If he plays close to as well as Boykin thinks he can play we get a 4th rounder for him. That's a 4th for a 1 year rental.

Chip had to take that deal, especially with the young depth he has at CB and depth at ILB.

Someone on another board speculated that the Eagles may want to stay in base defense more often than in the past rather than go to nickel so often.

Their current makeup suggests they are well suited to do this. They have depth an ILB to keep everyone fresh. ( Chip confirmed that Kendricks will not be traded ) One of their Safeties, Thurmond, is actually a good slot CB.

Boykin goes to a team that needs CB help. He gets to showcase himself in a way he would not have done in Philly. He is not far from his friends in Philly. I have no idea why he is mouthing off! Chip did him a favor!

The situation seems to be a win-win for everyone.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 05:15 PM) *
...Boykin was traded for a conditional pick....if he plays for Pitt...the pick is a 4th rounder......certainly not nothing and Boykin was not happy here......he wanted to play outside and they did not like him there....I guess you were at the practices over the last 3 years where he was incredible outside and they just stymied his growth out there......I wasn't but they obviously felt he could not cover bigger guys in press coverage.....coverage out of the slot is much different.....he was leaving after this year regardless....now they got a pick for him. ....

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 07:52 PM) *
Dude, Chip never offered Maclin a deal until free agency started. Where do you get this crap. Show me proof he offered Maclin anything other than a one year deal at the beginning of the season?

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/02/...ulti-year-deal/

Try paying attention next time
nephillymike
"i can't complain too much so far.....I defer to the staff's knowledge of their vision much more than what little we know....it appears that he thinks Guards are easy to replace....a belief fortified by his doing just that last year...."

Does the fact that the staff last year kept telling us how great our starting CB's were and the staff kept on putting Fletcher out on an island shake your confidence any?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 2 2015, 08:10 PM) *
Well said. Boykin was originally a 4th rounder. If he plays close to as well as Boykin thinks he can play we get a 4th rounder for him. That's a 4th for a 1 year rental.

Chip had to take that deal, especially with the young depth he has at CB and depth at ILB.

Someone on another board speculated that the Eagles may want to stay in base defense more often than in the past rather than go to nickel so often.

Their current makeup suggests they are well suited to do this. They have depth an ILB to keep everyone fresh. ( Chip confirmed that Kendricks will not be traded ) One of their Safeties, Thurmond, is actually a good slot CB.

Boykin goes to a team that needs CB help. He gets to showcase himself in a way he would not have done in Philly. He is not far from his friends in Philly. I have no idea why he is mouthing off! Chip did him a favor!

The situation seems to be a win-win for everyone.

Good point about the base defense. If they truly believe Boykin can't cover on the outside and they stay in base, he doesn't get on the field much. He went from I think like 55% of the plays down to 40 someting % last year.

If he plays in 60% of the plays, they get a 4th, otherwise they get a 5th. True he was a 4th round pick for us, but he was a 4th rounder because he broke his leg in college. He had a higher pedigree.

Kelly also said people offered a trade for Carroll which we refused.

Big news that Kelly guaranteed Kendricks would stay. I'm happy with that.

However, in order for him to say that, I think he has to have it in the scheme for those three ILB to somehow all play over 50% of the plays, otherwise it doesn't make sense to make a statement like that if say someone offers you a OG, or very good S or WR.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 08:21 PM) *

Again you're making my point about Kelly and his GM skills he probably tried to low ball Maclin so Chip failed at keeping him.
Joegrane
I bet he was able to say that because the offers for Kendricks have not been to his liking. Also unlike Boykin, Kendricks has had some injuries.
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 2 2015, 09:36 PM) *
Big news that Kelly guaranteed Kendricks would stay. I'm happy with that.

However, in order for him to say that, I think he has to have it in the scheme for those three ILB to somehow all play over 50% of the plays, otherwise it doesn't make sense to make a statement like that if say someone offers you a OG, or very good S or WR.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 05:51 PM) *

do you follow football?

How many different ways does this need to be illustrated?

Follow along....

The last 2 years the Eagles...not the Cowboys, have had the highest rated run blocking offensive line......got that?

Yet somehow Murray benefited from the quality of his offensive line but McCoy did not?

Pro Football Focus rated the lines...they do not do it based on the yardage a RB ran for....follow me?

The "Murray benefited from his line while McCoy did well in spite of his" argument falls very short.

In a previous post I broke down both of their years with production vs. the rating of their lines in each year.....McCoy always had a better run blocking line....always...and yet Murray's numbers area as good as McCoys....more yards rushing and less receiving.....

Your opinion needs some facts..

as far as Maclin goes...I agree it would have been great to keep him but KC overpaid for him and the Eagles drafted his clone.....if Matthews was able to have a monster rookie season I see no reason why Algohar can't have a good season.....abd I think Austin will have a good year as well......he was having a very good year for Cleveland before he lacerated a kidney...as freak and injury as you will see....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 2 2015, 09:30 PM) *
"i can't complain too much so far.....I defer to the staff's knowledge of their vision much more than what little we know....it appears that he thinks Guards are easy to replace....a belief fortified by his doing just that last year...."

Does the fact that the staff last year kept telling us how great our starting CB's were and the staff kept on putting Fletcher out on an island shake your confidence any?

we discussed this...what were they going to do? Boykin would get destroyed in press coverage against guys like Bryant.......They stuck to their guns hoping Nate Allen would suddenly understand football.....and they had few option for Allen because Wolfe was a pussy......I was surprised that Carroll did not get his shot sooner but that was my only gripe.
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 11:25 PM) *
do you follow football?

How many different ways does this need to be illustrated?

Follow along....

The last 2 years the Eagles...not the Cowboys, have had the highest rated run blocking offensive line......got that?

Yet somehow Murray benefited from the quality of his offensive line but McCoy did not?

Pro Football Focus rated the lines...they do not do it based on the yardage a RB ran for....follow me?

The "Murray benefited from his line while McCoy did well in spite of his" argument falls very short.

In a previous post I broke down both of their years with production vs. the rating of their lines in each year.....McCoy always had a better run blocking line....always...and yet Murray's numbers area as good as McCoys....more yards rushing and less receiving.....

Your opinion needs some facts..

as far as Maclin goes...I agree it would have been great to keep him but KC overpaid for him and the Eagles drafted his clone.....if Matthews was able to have a monster rookie season I see no reason why Algohar can't have a good season.....abd I think Austin will have a good year as well......he was having a very good year for Cleveland before he lacerated a kidney...as freak and injury as you will see....

My point is the o line is the reason for Murray and Romo having good years.Shady did a lot with a patch work o line.Murray will get his 1200 yards. Murray is used to running behind a full back he won't have that option in Philly. Shady is ten times better than Murray.
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 11:29 PM) *
we discussed this...what were they going to do? Boykin would get destroyed in press coverage against guys like Bryant.......They stuck to their guns hoping Nate Allen would suddenly understand football.....and they had few option for Allen because Wolfe was a pussy......I was surprised that Carroll did not get his shot sooner but that was my only gripe.

Carroll is no good.
Long as we have Billy Davis we'll never be top ten in defense.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 10:54 PM) *
Again you're making my point about Kelly and his GM skills he probably tried to low ball Maclin so Chip failed at keeping him.

It's pretty well established that Chip doesn't negotiate contracts. Is this your first offseason following the team?

You were wrong about Maclin not being offered a long-term deal. You were wrong about this. What's next?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 08:33 AM) *
My point is the o line is the reason for Murray and Romo having good years.Shady did a lot with a patch work o line.Murray will get his 1200 yards. Murray is used to running behind a full back he won't have that option in Philly. Shady is ten times better than Murray.

Shady was garbage last year. Which is one of a few reasons why he is gone. Another big one being that he's a pretty shitty dude.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 3 2015, 09:27 AM) *
It's pretty well established that Chip doesn't negotiate contracts. Is this your first offseason following the team?

You were wrong about Maclin not being offered a long-term deal. You were wrong about this. What's next?

Dude, obviously you're a chip lover so you can't be objective. I bet you love everything he do making grown men sleep and drink shakes I bet you love that right? Is their any deal you have a problem with?
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 3 2015, 09:28 AM) *
Shady was garbage last year. Which is one of a few reasons why he is gone. Another big one being that he's a pretty shitty dude.

So anybody Chip doesn't want has to be a shitty person? OK got it.
You don't even know him personally.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 10:23 AM) *
Dude, obviously you're a chip lover so you can't be objective.

I can be objective. But I also follow the team closely and form my opinions based on facts. I was extremely unhappy with the Desean release. As things have progressed and I've seen the big picture, my opinion has changed. That's capable of happening to people that look at things factually and objectively.

I bet you love everything he do making grown men sleep and drink shakes I bet you love that right?

I think professional athletes have a general obligation to keep themselves in optimal shape. Eating correctly and treating their body correctly will optimize their performance. Apparently some grown men don't buy into that line of thinking. I'm okay with those guys not being Philadelphia Eagles.

Is their any deal you have a problem with?

- I wasn't a big fan of the Demarco signing
- I didn't like the Lane Johnson pick
- I would preferred to have kept Boykin.

Everything else generally works for me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 10:26 AM) *
So anybody Chip doesn't want has to be a shitty person? OK got it.
You don't even know him personally.

I grew up in the same town as him. I know a number of people who have crossed paths with him. He doesn't have a reputation of being a great dude.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 3 2015, 10:31 AM) *
I can be objective. But I also follow the team closely and form my opinions based on facts. I was extremely unhappy with the Desean release. As things have progressed and I've seen the big picture, my opinion has changed. That's capable of happening to people that look at things factually and objectively.

I think professional athletes have a general obligation to keep themselves in optimal shape. Eating correctly and treating their body correctly will optimize their performance. Apparently some grown men don't buy into that line of thinking. I'm okay with those guys not being Philadelphia Eagles.

- I wasn't a big fan of the Demarco signing
- I didn't like the Lane Johnson pick
- I would preferred to have kept Boykin.

Everything else generally works for me.

Na, I'm not openly accepting of former cowboys either unless it's Dez. Murray will have to win me over because I don't think he's that good. Boykins we should have kept. I didn't have a problem with the drafting lane johnson. I wish we could have landed lael collins this year though.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 3 2015, 10:34 AM) *
I grew up in the same town as him. I know a number of people who have crossed paths with him. He doesn't have a reputation of being a great dude.

Well I judge a guy based on the football field that's all I care about. John Moffitt is a former drug dealer and Riley is POS person but most fans don't care it's all about what the player does on the field. I'm still trying to figure how Riley even has a job.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 12:04 PM) *
Well I judge a guy based on the football field that's all I care about. John Moffitt is a former drug dealer and Riley is POS person but most fans don't care it's all about what the player does on the field. I'm still trying to figure how Riley even has a job.

Everyone hates Riley Cooper.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 11:59 AM) *
Na, I'm not openly accepting of former cowboys either unless it's Dez. Murray will have to win me over because I don't think he's that good. Boykins we should have kept. I didn't have a problem with the drafting lane johnson. I wish we could have landed lael collins this year though.

Demarco is good as hell. Dez is another piece of shit. You certainly have a type.

No surprise you wish we got Collins. Glad Chip has higher standards than you.

Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 3 2015, 12:29 PM) *
Demarco is good as hell. Dez is another piece of shit. You certainly have a type.

No surprise you wish we got Collins. Glad Chip has higher standards than you.

Dude, Collins did nothing wrong.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 07:41 PM) *
Dude, Collins did nothing wrong.

Apparently he did a whole lot of not working hard.

I'm not talking about that tragic situation that occurred with his ex. But that sign indicates he's not even remotely the type of player Chip is looking for.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 3 2015, 12:59 PM) *

Please inform us as to why you don't think Murray is that good? I am dying to hear that rationalization....that should be priceless......

if you compare his numbers to McCoy's and the rankings of their respective lines and come away thinking that then I would love to know how you arrive at that conclusion.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 3 2015, 07:48 PM) *
Apparently he did a whole lot of not working hard.

I'm not talking about that tragic situation that occurred with his ex. But that sign indicates he's not even remotely the type of player Chip is looking for.

OK we all know Chip values yes men, choir boys, and culture over talent.
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 3 2015, 10:33 PM) *
Please inform us as to why you don't think Murray is that good? I am dying to hear that rationalization....that should be priceless......

if you compare his numbers to McCoy's and the rankings of their respective lines and come away thinking that then I would love to know how you arrive at that conclusion.

He's a product of a great o line. Shady can make a bad o line look good.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 4 2015, 01:36 PM) *
OK we all know Chip values yes men, choir boys, and culture over talent.

He does. Get used to it. We'll be better off for it in the long run.

I don't know why anyone would want a coach to be handcuffed by not being able to implement the system and team that he believes has the best chance to win a SB. That's all I fucking care about.

People act like Chip doesn't have those goals/aspirations. If he thought being a really fast/talented WR compensated for not being willing to block downfield and taking plays off...I'm sure Desean would still be here. If he believed that Shady's big play ability made up for his unwillingness to hit a hole hard and propensity for dancing in the backfield, he wouldn't have shipped him out of town.

The bottom line is that those are the realities. He has different requirements of his players than what fans may perceive to be important or valuable.
D Rock
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 4 2015, 07:38 PM) *
Shady can make a bad o line look good.

Really?

Didn't he lead the league in negative runs last season?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 4 2015, 03:46 PM) *
Really?

Didn't he lead the league in negative runs last season?

Yep, because his style of play can also make a good OL look bad. It's boom or bust. I love Shady, but much like Barry Sanders back in the day, his style isn't necessarily the best for moving the chains and helping a team win games.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 4 2015, 10:12 PM) *
Yep, because his style of play can also make a good OL look bad. It's boom or bust. I love Shady, but much like Barry Sanders back in the day, his style isn't necessarily the best for moving the chains and helping a team win games.

Of course. I was responding to the idiotic comment that Shady made our "bad O line look good."

Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 4 2015, 02:31 PM) *
He does. Get used to it. We'll be better off for it in the long run.

I don't know why anyone would want a coach to be handcuffed by not being able to implement the system and team that he believes has the best chance to win a SB. That's all I fucking care about.

People act like Chip doesn't have those goals/aspirations. If he thought being a really fast/talented WR compensated for not being willing to block downfield and taking plays off...I'm sure Desean would still be here. If he believed that Shady's big play ability made up for his unwillingness to hit a hole hard and propensity for dancing in the backfield, he wouldn't have shipped him out of town.

The bottom line is that those are the realities. He has different requirements of his players than what fans may perceive to be important or valuable.

If he bring a sb I'm sure everyone will be on board with his methods.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 4 2015, 02:38 PM) *
He's a product of a great o line. Shady can make a bad o line look good.

It is like debating a turtle....

You do not even realize just how idiotic your statement is...you can't comprehend that the O lines were rated on how they played...not the running backs success...but apparently you are just too dense to get that..

keep going though....you dilly comments are entertaining..
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 4 2015, 06:00 PM) *
Of course. I was responding to the idiotic comment that Shady made our "bad O line look good."

Oh I know. This guy is funny. He can't disassociate the "wow" he feels when watching a guy do well with the flaws that are obvious in their game.

Everyone loves watching Shady's runs that literally take your breath away. Fortunately, Chip is able to analytically see the flaws in his game and understand the detriment to the overall objective.

Shady is a special talent. He's also self motivated and not extremely impactful towards winning games.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 4 2015, 06:56 PM) *
If he bring a sb I'm sure everyone will be on board with his methods.

So chill out and watch his plan as a big picture. Don't get hung up on every move. There is clearly consistency with his approach.
Ced83
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 5 2015, 12:12 AM) *
So chill out and watch his plan as a big picture. Don't get hung up on every move. There is clearly consistency with his approach.

Dude, the way the team is constructed we are not winning a sb. I've watched enough football to know that apparently you haven't.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 5 2015, 12:31 PM) *
Dude, the way the team is constructed we are not winning a sb. I've watched enough football to know that apparently you haven't.

You may be right. The odds are heavily in your favor. But we are significantly closer than we had been the previous two seasons.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 5 2015, 01:31 PM) *

from your observations to date I find that nearly impossible to believe....that you watched enough football.
Phits
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 5 2015, 01:31 PM) *

Anybody with (serious) aspirations for an Eagles SB this season will be greatly disappointed. With that said, this team is positioning itself to be a legitimate SB contender within the next 2-3 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.