Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start your engines ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
2015 starts in less than 3 hours!
Sunday, August 2

11:20 am ... Chip Kelly available

11:35 am ... Practice

Monday, August 3

11:20 am ... Bill Davis speaks to media

11:35 am ... Practice
E ... A ... G ... L ... E ... S ...
Zero
Here's another interesting thought that I suspect most here would agree with. There was a lot of debate when Davis was hired. His previous record as a DC wasn't awe inspiring. He hasn't done a bad job but as many point out, despite the horrendous CB play last year, there were no changes. Boykin is gone and we'll see how he does on a defensive minded team and starting today we'll see how Carroll will do. Just from infused talent alone the D should improve but it needs to do better than just improve.
This is obviously a make-or-break year for Davis. Kelly has already shown that he’ll resolve coaching problems in the offseason by demoting secondary coach John Lovett and replacing him with Cory Undlin. Kelly made a series of controversial personnel moves to upgrade the defense by adding Byron Maxwell, Kiko Alonso, some rookie defensive backs and some inside linebackers. If the Eagles stay relatively healthy and again finish with a dreadful pass defense, Davis might not be around beyond 2015.
Linc ...
nephillymike
Will be out at 11.

Need to see if presser is on tv so I can tape it.
nephillymike
Pet peeve (I know, one of many)

The practice was less than two hours today.

I didn't go as it wasn't open to the pub but when I read Sheil's notes it started at like 11:55 and was over by 1:10.

WTF is that?

I care only becuase the longer practice the more stuff gets reported and the bigger my fix.

But 1 hour and 15 min?

Really??

I'd imagine even th pussy CBA deal would allow close to three hours, no?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.