Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boykin traded to Pittsburg!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Zero
Just got text from Eagles. A conditional 5th next year for Boykin. That doesn't sound good.
Ced83
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 1 2015, 07:07 PM) *
Just got text from Eagles. A conditional 5th next year for Boykin. That doesn't sound good.

Chip have screwed us again. This guy has been the eagles best cb for the last few years. This GM thing is way to big for chip to handle.
rumply
Boykin is now the 10th old Andy Reid player to have moved on from the Eagles this offseason:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-trade-br...oykin-steelers/
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 1 2015, 08:15 PM) *
Chip have screwed us again. This guy has been the eagles best cb for the last few years. This GM thing is way to big for chip to handle.

Too big? How does this prove that? Boykin wants to play outside and Kelly thinks he is too small.....he was not going to play outside here and he was not happy about it and was not exactly shy about it.....not a huge shock.....especially after drafting Rowe and Shepherd.
rumply
Jimmy Kempski ‏@JimmyKempski 51m51 minutes ago
Eagles sixth round rookie CB JaCorey Shepherd had been mirroring Boykin in the slot during OTAs and minicamp.
nephillymike
I'm sure that conditional 5th can cover our opposition slot WR's this year and will improve our win total for this year.

I have to believe that the 1/2 inch too short Michael Kendricks is next.

Maybe we can get a conditional 3rd for him to draft a replacement who is a 1/2 inch taller.

Stupid move.

How stupid does his "adopting the system" for players talents message seem now?

I was excited that we had a coach who wouldn't go the square peg round hole routine.

There is zero chance that Boykin would not have been an improvement on the outside last year if given the chance.

Shame he didn't get the chance, but then again that would disprove the minimum height requirements theory. What did we get? Votes of confidence n frick and frack back there with long disertations about how they wer really playing god and us non coaches just weren't watching correctly.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 1 2015, 09:38 PM) *
I'm sure that conditional 5th can cover our opposition slot WR's this year and will improve our win total for this year.

I have to believe that the 1/2 inch too short Michael Kendricks is next.

Maybe we can get a conditional 3rd for him to draft a replacement who is a 1/2 inch taller.

Stupid move.

How stupid does his "adopting the system" for players talents message seem now?

are you talking about the "culture over scheme" comment that somehow got twisted into a talent discussion?

I am not going to lose sleep over a slot DB who had a magical year 2 years ago......he was good but not unreplaceable
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2015, 09:12 PM) *
are you talking about the "culture over scheme" comment that somehow got twisted into a talent discussion?

I am not going to lose sleep over a slot DB who had a magical year 2 years ago......he was good but not unreplaceable

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000050...kin-to-steelers

Rated 21st best CB last year.

Shame we had the outside covered last year and didn't need him. And by the way, he was rated our best CB by far, when he had to line up on the outside. Too bad he was a midget in Chip's circus.

No not culture over scheme.

It was the discussions led by Chip and Davis when they arrived, saying they would fit the scheme around the players skills as opposed to forcing a scheme down the players throats. Silly and naive me had flashbacks of us being pass happy with WR's like Pinky and Thrash and insisting on not motioning Pinky even though he couldn't get off a jam from me (remember the no need to motion him against Ricky Manning Jr) and when Chip arrived me gleefully thinking that we had a coach who got it.
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2015, 08:12 PM) *
Too big? How does this prove that? Boykin wants to play outside and Kelly thinks he is too small.....he was not going to play outside here and he was not happy about it and was not exactly shy about it.....not a huge shock.....especially after drafting Rowe and Shepherd.

Chip has made questionable moves that most Gm's wouldn't have. Bradford was a terrible move with his cap number and injury history but Bradford was a plan b for chip if he couldn't land Mariota and we know how that turned out. He cut Mathis, but he didn't have too. Leaving us with bums for guards. Do I need to say more?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 1 2015, 10:36 PM) *
Chip has made questionable moves that most Gm's wouldn't have. Bradford was a terrible move with his cap number and injury history but Bradford was a plan b for chip if he couldn't land Mariota and we know how that turned out. He cut Mathis, but he didn't have too. Leaving us with bums for guards. Do I need to say more?

Yes...you do...Plan B suggests there was a plan A and, other than those who lived in fantasy land, everyone knew or suspected it would be impossible to get Mariota. Simply too expensive but a cute fantasy of all those who "knew" Chip. Bradford was one of the few options out there that had the promise of a top tier QB prior to injury. In 2013, prior to injury he was on pace 3800 yds/32 TDs and 9 picks....he is that good so the risk is not absurd....consider Wilson just signed for 22 million/year...

Good QBs do not grow on trees.

Mathis was a guard making a lot of money at a position that can be replaced rather easily....see last year where he missed half the season on a team with the highest rated run blocking in the league....do you think that his ghost played those 8 games he missed....?

SO yes...go on....your next valid point will be the first....

Of all the things he has done so far, the only one I dislike is playing his 2 CBs all year last year.....and not replacing his DB coach sooner...and whoever drafted Marcus Smith
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Yes...you do...Plan B suggests there was a plan A and, other than those who lived in fantasy land, everyone knew or suspected it would be impossible to get Mariota. Simply too expensive but a cute fantasy of all those who "knew" Chip. Bradford was one of the few options out there that had the promise of a top tier QB prior to injury. In 2013, prior to injury he was on pace 3800 yds/32 TDs and 9 picks....he is that good so the risk is not absurd....consider Wilson just signed for 22 million/year...

Good QBs do not grow on trees.

Mathis was a guard making a lot of money at a position that can be replaced rather easily....see last year where he missed half the season on a team with the highest rated run blocking in the league....do you think that his ghost played those 8 games he missed....?

SO yes...go on....your next valid point will be the first....

Of all the things he has done so far, the only one I dislike is playing his 2 CBs all year last year.....and not replacing his DB coach sooner...and whoever drafted Marcus Smith

Check it down Bradford is mediocre. And I know you're not comparing him too Russ? Russ could run chip's offense ten times better than Bradford.
Joegrane
This is just further indication that this year is a rebuilding/reloading year.

Boykin is not in their future. They will give their young CBs an opportunity to learn.

This might open an opportunity at S. Thurmond has mostly been a slot corner, correct? Maybe he gets moved to slot corner for nickel and dime situations.

Will Kendricks be next or will they keep him for the year to help with needed depth at LB? Keeping him would give the rookie a year to grow into the position.

If Kelly trades Kendricks for a mid round pick, we'll really see that this is a rebuilding year. It is not like Kelly needs the $ for the cap, especially after saving 2mil by trading Boykin and the loss of Mathis.

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 1 2015, 08:07 PM) *

Ced83
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 1 2015, 11:33 PM) *

Boykin is not in their future. They will give their young CBs an opportunity to learn.

This might open an opportunity at S. Thurmond has mostly been a slot corner, correct? Maybe he gets moved to slot corner for nickel and dime situations.

Will Kendricks be next or will they keep him for the year to help with needed depth at LB? Keeping him would give the rookie a year to grow into the position.

If Kelly trades Kendricks for a mid round pick, we'll really see that this is a rebuilding year. It is not like Kelly needs the $ for the cap, especially after saving 2mil by trading Boykin and the loss of Mathis.

Not about rebuilding Chip lied to Boykins told him he would have a chance at outside corner that never happened and plus he's a Reid guy so most of us knew this would happen. Just not for a 5th pick he basically gave him away for nothing.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 1 2015, 11:52 PM) *
Check it down Bradford is mediocre. And I know you're not comparing him too Russ? Russ could run chip's offense ten times better than Bradford.

Russ?...do you mean Russell? No...I am not....I merely pointed out how much starting QBs are making these days and if you think Russell is a top QB you are nuts....He is a very good manager with a great running game. Bradford has never had decent offense or decent talent. You choose to ignore that and the fact even with a dearth of talent and a terrible scheme he still was having a great season when he got hurt. That is fine but you also apparently have no clue how much starting QBs make in this league. To put it in perspective...Sam Bradford, at 13 million was the 17th highest paid QB in 2014.....17th.....
BKRuger
If it's true at all that Boykin's vocal desire to play outside factored into him being shipped off for such a low price, we're dealing with Joffrey Baratheon as our coach. For those who don't watch GoT, that doesn't end well.

He was one of the best slot corners in the game statistically.....for a conditional 5th rounder.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Aug 2 2015, 12:33 AM) *

This sounds about right to me. I thought he could have gotten more for Boykin, especially as the Steelers are in need of a CB. Boykin would have walked at the end of the year and we would have gotten nothing, so a fifth is better than nothing. I wonder if the 'conditional' goes higher if he plays well?
Zero
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 01:04 AM) *
Not about rebuilding Chip lied to Boykins told him he would have a chance at outside corner that never happened and plus he's a Reid guy so most of us knew this would happen. Just not for a 5th pick he basically gave him away for nothing.

Rowe is going outside. Boykin would have stayed in the slot, left next year in FA and they would have gotten nothing for him. I'm not upset they traded him, I just thought they should have gotten more for him.
Eyrie
Not surprised by this given that Boykin didn't play that well last year and our depth at CB following FA and the draft.

It'll be interesting to see if Carroll or Rowe gets the reps opposite Maxwell and who gets first chance to play in the slot (Carroll or one of the sixth rounders?).

Z - apparently the fifth could become a fourth. I'd have preferred a straight fourth, but we did get something for a player I didn't expect to be re-signed.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 2 2015, 05:57 AM) *
Not surprised by this given that Boykin didn't play that well last year and our depth at CB following FA and the draft.

It'll be interesting to see if Carroll or Rowe gets the reps opposite Maxwell and who gets first chance to play in the slot (Carroll or one of the sixth rounders?).

Z - apparently the fifth could become a fourth. I'd have preferred a straight fourth, but we did get something for a player I didn't expect to be re-signed.

I'd love it if our other CB's played poorly enough to only rate as the 21st best CB last year.

I guess his desire to win this year isn't what I thought it was.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 2 2015, 05:17 AM) *
Rowe is going outside. Boykin would have stayed in the slot, left next year in FA and they would have gotten nothing for him. I'm not upset they traded him, I just thought they should have gotten more for him.

I don't think the Chipper understands value. In his mind, for reason x, y, or z, if he doesn't want a guy, he's worth nothing to him and he figures if he gets anything, it's a plus, as opposed to knowing a player has a certain value and getting that for him. I think it will hurt us because other GM's know this and will continue to take advantage of it.

A 5th round pick for a CB starved team with playoff aspirations?

Way to go Chipper, you wheeler dealer you!
Zero
Thought this was interesting:
It's also worth keeping in mind this quote from Kelly about Byron Maxwell and the versatility he displayed when the Eagles and Seahawks squared off last year.

"He started at outside corner, but then when they went to nickel, he came inside. You watch him covering [Jeremy Maclin] and [Riley Cooper] and then moved inside and covered Jordan [Matthews]...I think if you asked Jordan, I think Jordan said he was the best cover guy he faced last year as a rookie. So that stood out to us. I thought he was the best nickel defender that defended us in the 16 games that we played."

Would it be a big surprise, then, if he moved Maxwell inside in nickel situations with, say, Rowe taking over on the outside in those spots?
Here ...
mcnabbulous
If Boykin was as well thought of around the league as he is around here, teams would have been willing to part with more than a fifth and this deal would have happened months ago.

I like Boykin, but he didn't play well last year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 2 2015, 07:27 AM) *
Thought this was interesting:
Here ...

The most interesting thing for me in that article:

"If you want to start [Boykin] at corner, then you say he's better than Fletch and Cary out there," said Davis. "Obviously we start who we think are the best players at those positions."
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/08/...sBzAHpCOmc8O.99

Replace Boykin with Carroll. So Fletch and Sconces were both better than Carroll and Boykin? Well, three are gone, mught make it a 4th before long..............
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 2 2015, 08:17 AM) *
I don't think the Chipper understands value. In his mind, for reason x, y, or z, if he doesn't want a guy, he's worth nothing to him and he figures if he gets anything, it's a plus, as opposed to knowing a player has a certain value and getting that for him. I think it will hurt us because other GM's know this and will continue to take advantage of it.

A 5th round pick for a CB starved team with playoff aspirations?

Way to go Chipper, you wheeler dealer you!

Mikey...I have to echo previously stated opinion...

It is you and some others here here who does not understand value, particularly in the NFL.

it was demonstrated with Jackson...again with McCoy and now with Boykin....

The NFL is a strange land for trades...

In the Jackson case...no one wanted to trade for him and then he took a much lower contract from Washington immediately indicating there was no bidding war...in other words, only a losing organization wanted him and there was no one else to bid on him...yet here folks killed him for getting nothing when it is clear no one offered anything...

I think Chip is the greatest GM in the history of sports....bar none...he is a genius....lololol

but seriously, chicken little, relax and let his plan play out a little before you warn the village.
mcnabbulous
Andy Reid needed a corner this offseason and drafted one in the first round. He was apparently not willing to give up a third or fourth for Boykin?

Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 01:09 AM) *
Russ?...do you mean Russell? No...I am not....I merely pointed out how much starting QBs are making these days and if you think Russell is a top QB you are nuts....He is a very good manager with a great running game. Bradford has never had decent offense or decent talent. You choose to ignore that and the fact even with a dearth of talent and a terrible scheme he still was having a great season when he got hurt. That is fine but you also apparently have no clue how much starting QBs make in this league. To put it in perspective...Sam Bradford, at 13 million was the 17th highest paid QB in 2014.....17th.....

You say he had no weapons but he was on his way to having a great season before but how he didn't have any weapons. Austin Davis and Shaun Hill won games with that talent less team Foles will do the same. But only a great Qb make his weapons better. Bradford is mediocre IMO and his injury issues are a problem for me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 11:30 AM) *
You say he had no weapons but he was on his way to having a great season before but how he didn't have any weapons. Austin Davis and Shaun Hill won games with that talent less team Foles will do the same. But only a great Qb make his weapons better. Bradford is mediocre IMO and his injury issues are a problem for me.

Actually....it was Kellen Clemens in 2013 and then Davis and Hill in 2014 and if you consider 6-10 doing well then we disagree on talent and football. And when Danny Amendola is your number 1 guy you better check down a lot because you are already in trouble.

and in 2013 Bradford was having a very good year prior to injury....

I can understand you concern with his injury history...that is natural.....it is a different era with injuries now however.......ACLs are like sprains anymore.....hell, Ryans is back from another achilles already..
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 02:09 AM) *
If you think Russell is a top QB you are nuts....He is a very good manager with a great running game.

That statement makes you nuts, if RW is your idea of a game manager. Russell Wilson is McNabb 2.0, without all of the baggage and +2 in skill. Russell is the QB we always hoped McNabb would become.

RW is an elite QB who got well deserved money.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 2 2015, 11:02 AM) *
That statement makes you nuts, if RW is your idea of a game manager. Russell Wilson is McNabb 2.0, without all of the baggage and +2 in skill. Russell is the QB we always hoped McNabb would become.

Indeed.
JeeQ
Chip's almost got rid of all of Andy's talented players... way to go buddy
Ced83
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 10:56 AM) *
Actually....it was Kellen Clemens in 2013 and then Davis and Hill in 2014 and if you consider 6-10 doing well then we disagree on talent and football. And when Danny Amendola is your number 1 guy you better check down a lot because you are already in trouble.

and in 2013 Bradford was having a very good year prior to injury....

I can understand you concern with his injury history...that is natural.....it is a different era with injuries now however.......ACLs are like sprains anymore.....hell, Ryans is back from another achilles already..

Yeah, Ryans is back and Chip the mediocre GM gave him an extension but wants to dump Kendricks. Kendricks and Kiko has the chance to be the best LB unit in the league but Kelly will find away to screw that up.
Ced83
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 2 2015, 11:02 AM) *

I agree with you on Russ.
Ced83
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 2 2015, 12:09 PM) *

Lurie's biggest mistake was not hiring chip for head coach but for making him GM this doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 2 2015, 12:09 PM) *

Yes, all those talented players that contributed to great successes towards the end of Andy's run.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 10:17 AM) *
Yes, all those talented players that contributed to great successes towards the end of Andy's run.

Are you really going to tell me Shady, Jackson, Maclin, Mathis, and Boykin aren't talented players?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 2 2015, 01:00 PM) *
Are you really going to tell me Shady, Jackson, Maclin, Mathis, and Boykin aren't talented players?

I think they're talented, but they lacked qualities of leadership that take teams from talented to winners.

Also, if Maclin wanted to be here, he would be.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 11:26 AM) *
I think they're talented, but they lacked qualities of leadership that take teams from talented to winners.

Also, if Maclin wanted to be here, he would be.

Then we agree... don't try to soften it you sly devil... talent is talent

Players like Marshawn Lynch and Darrelle Revis are completely disinterested in being team leaders but no one is ever going to say "Sure, they're talented players but I wouldn't sign them because of a lack of leadership qualities" laugh.gif

I'll give you credit for the reach though
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 2 2015, 02:08 PM) *
Then we agree... don't try to soften it you sly devil... talent is talent

Talent doesn't matter if it doesn't help you win. If it pulls your team apart. If it takes a 2 yard loss when you need a 4 yard gain because it didn't want to hit a hole hard.

Players like Marshawn Lynch and Darrelle Revis are completely disinterested in being team leaders but no one is ever going to say "Sure, they're talented players but I wouldn't sign them because of a lack of leadership qualities" laugh.gif

Right, but the former Eagles you're talking about aren't just lacking leadership. They're selfish. Desean routinely takes plays off. He doesn't make any effort to block down the field. McCoy doesn't play within the system. He tries to hit a homerun when we need a single. Mathis (apparently) didn't play within the system either and Peters hated playing next to him from all accounts. He may have made himself look good, but he was leaving the rest of the line vulnerable.

I liked Maclin (who Chip tried to bring back) and Boykin, but it's clear Boykin didn't fit the profile of what Chip wants in the position. So under those circumstances, we got something back for him instead of letting him walk after the season.

Zero
Mathis was a journeyman G before he played alongside Jason Peters. Is there a connection? I don't know but I'm pretty sure Peters made him look better.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 2 2015, 02:20 PM) *
Mathis was a journeyman G before he played alongside Jason Peters. Is there a connection? I don't know but I'm pretty sure Peters made him look better.

And Kelce too. He's been sandwiched between two of the best in football.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 09:26 AM) *
Mikey...I have to echo previously stated opinion...

It is you and some others here here who does not understand value, particularly in the NFL.

it was demonstrated with Jackson...again with McCoy and now with Boykin....

The NFL is a strange land for trades...

In the Jackson case...no one wanted to trade for him and then he took a much lower contract from Washington immediately indicating there was no bidding war...in other words, only a losing organization wanted him and there was no one else to bid on him...yet here folks killed him for getting nothing when it is clear no one offered anything...

I think Chip is the greatest GM in the history of sports....bar none...he is a genius....lololol

but seriously, chicken little, relax and let his plan play out a little before you warn the village.

Jackson got more guaranteed money which is what he wanted.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 2 2015, 02:20 PM) *

Could be mistaken, but I thought Mathis' break out season was the year he was like the only healthy OL and had none of the other good OL with him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 2 2015, 01:11 PM) *
Yeah, Ryans is back and Chip the mediocre GM gave him an extension but wants to dump Kendricks. Kendricks and Kiko has the chance to be the best LB unit in the league but Kelly will find away to screw that up.

I guess you missed Chip's presser where he said Kendricks is NOT going anywhere.....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 2 2015, 04:12 PM) *
Jackson got more guaranteed money which is what he wanted.

Mikey...he signed with the Redskins almost immediately....where were all the others teams to bid on him?...he got 8 million a year....why was there not a line to bid for his services?

What was he on tap to make with the Eagles? 11?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 2 2015, 12:02 PM) *

He has one of the best RBs in the game and the best defense...he threw for less than 200 yds 10 times...not 300...200...that is a game manager....and I agree with you that he is McNabb 2.0 but hold off on the baggage comment....McNabb was not a nut case at this point in his career....Wilson already was ready to holdout........

He is a good QB....even a great QB but he is no Aaron Rodgers....or Manning....This should be an interesting year for him.....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 2 2015, 03:55 PM) *
Mikey...he signed with the Redskins almost immediately....where were all the others teams to bid on him?...he got 8 million a year....why was there not a line to bid for his services?

What was he on tap to make with the Eagles? 11?

He was let go at the end of free agency when most of the money was spent.

He was seeking more guaranteed money from the Eagles. He had a salary of $10.5 to be earned in 2014 from the Eagles. NONE of it guaranteed.

His deal with WAS came with $16M of guaranteed money.

If you have watched his reality show, you know exactly why he wanted the guaranteed cash.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 2 2015, 05:06 PM) *
He was let go at the end of free agency when most of the money was spent.

He was seeking more guaranteed money from the Eagles. He had a salary of $10.5 to be earned in 2014 from the Eagles. NONE of it guaranteed.

His deal with WAS came with $16M of guaranteed money.

If you have watched his reality show, you know exactly why he wanted the guaranteed cash.

I get that...but there were plenty of teams with plenty of money at the time......and any team, to get what you feel is such a transcendent player, can make room for that money....there was one team that wanted him....or there would have been a bidding war.....

His guaranteed money is for the first 2 years...
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 12:17 PM) *
Talent doesn't matter if it doesn't help you win. If it pulls your team apart. If it takes a 2 yard loss when you need a 4 yard gain because it didn't want to hit a hole hard.

Right, but the former Eagles you're talking about aren't just lacking leadership. They're selfish. Desean routinely takes plays off. He doesn't make any effort to block down the field. McCoy doesn't play within the system. He tries to hit a homerun when we need a single. Mathis (apparently) didn't play within the system either and Peters hated playing next to him from all accounts. He may have made himself look good, but he was leaving the rest of the line vulnerable.

I liked Maclin (who Chip tried to bring back) and Boykin, but it's clear Boykin didn't fit the profile of what Chip wants in the position. So under those circumstances, we got something back for him instead of letting him walk after the season.

I won't pretend any of these guys are perfect and I could easily get into the flaws of Marshawn Lynch and Darrelle Revis but the fact remains talent is talent... you can deflect to their other issues all you like but the one you can't get around is how talented these players are

I don't care what kind of "culture" these players had; I only care about their "talent"

Patriots have a "culture" of cheating but they also have a trophy case full of Super Bowl championships
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 2 2015, 08:16 PM) *
I won't pretend any of these guys are perfect and I could easily get into the flaws of Marshawn Lynch and Darrelle Revis but the fact remains talent is talent... you can deflect to their other issues all you like but the one you can't get around is how talented these players are

I don't care what kind of "culture" these players had; I only care about their "talent"

Patriots have a "culture" of cheating but they also have a trophy case full of Super Bowl championships

I'm not sure if you're a Philly sports fan or just an Eagles fan, but I do find it strange how many people are bitching about our coach's favoritism towards guys who live and breathe the sport. Those are the kind of guys he wants to bring in.

Most Philly sports fans bitch when their superstar athletes rely on pure talent and don't show the passion and dedication we expect. Chip is basically building the team in the city's image and people are upset about it.

Fuck Desean, fuck Shady and fuck Mathis. If those guys had given the team and Chip what he expects from his athletes, they'd still be here. Now they're wearing other jerseys, so who gives a fuck about em.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2015, 08:28 PM) *
I'm not sure if you're a Philly sports fan or just an Eagles fan, but I do find it strange how many people are bitching about our coach's favoritism towards guys who live and breathe the sport. Those are the kind of guys he wants to bring in.

Most Philly sports fans bitch when their superstar athletes rely on pure talent and don't show the passion and dedication we expect. Chip is basically building the team in the city's image and people are upset about it.

Fuck Desean, fuck Shady and fuck Mathis. If those guys had given the team and Chip what he expects from his athletes, they'd still be here. Now they're wearing other jerseys, so who gives a fuck about em.

Is there anyone on this current roster not drafted by Chip that if Chip cut him tomorrow you would be upset about?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.