Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Make the Call
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The preseason is now over, the Eagles completed their four games.

After the four games and the training camp, it is very apparent that Sanchez has played a good amount better than Bradford. Bradford is not horrible, he is OK, about average level at best, but Sanchez play level is at an above average level.

So Bradford is only so so and Sanchez is above average.

Who is your starting QB week 1 versus Atlanta?

Me, I go with Sanchez. I go with whoever is ready and better at the time.

Chip, I think that he goes with Bradford. Chip the GM can't allow the $13M move to fail. He'll grade Bradford on the curve.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 1 2015, 05:33 PM) *

After the four games and the training camp, it is very apparent that Sanchez has played a good amount better than Bradford. Bradford is not horrible, he is OK, about average level at best, but Sanchez play level is at an above average level.

Chip, I think that he goes with Bradford. Chip the GM can't allow the $13M move to fail. He'll grade Bradford on the curve.

I'd be surprised if Chip is concerned about the salary. I could see him putting Bradford in to see if there's rust to be knocked off. If he believes in his talent he may want to test it.

I think you are politicking for the Cynic Award. devil03.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 1 2015, 06:39 PM) *
I'd be surprised if Chip is concerned about the salary. I could see him putting Bradford in to see if there's rust to be knocked off. If he believes in his talent he may want to test it.

I think you are politicking for the Cynic Award. devil03.gif

Most political campaigns last only a few years.

As a life long Axis member I've been at this for much longer than that.

Still no Super Bowl wins to shut me the heck up!!
Reality Fan

By now you think you would have a better understanding of Chip...lets review:

Jackson is a big mouth and crows about his contract...puts himself in front of the team...GONE

McCoy...same deal...a me me me guy...GONE

Mathis...complains about his rather big contract for 2 years..wants more...BYE BYE

Now we have Bradford....Chip the GM brings him in....he tries to extend him after showing him some love by trading for him....and he says "fuck you and your extension".....what do you think Chip is thinking?

My guess...and it is only a guess...if Sanchez shows he can play better he starts....and Bradford just lost a shitload of money....

Never screw with Chip and his team...
Speed_Kills

The one and ONLY way Sanchez plays better than Sam in PS is if Bradford gets hurt. Otherwise, Bradford is in a whole other stratosphere as far as talent goes, which you will begin to hear starting tomorrow.

For all the Sanchez and Tebow lovers around here I give you some sound advice, pray Sam gets hurt, which will serve to prove also that you are not a true fan, otherwise sit back and get ready to watch Bradford play and PLAY EXTREMELY WELL.

Bank it.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Aug 1 2015, 10:57 PM) *
The one and ONLY way Sanchez plays better than Sam in PS is if Bradford gets hurt. Otherwise, Bradford is in a whole other stratosphere as far as talent goes, which you will begin to hear starting tomorrow.

For all the Sanchez and Tebow lovers around here I give you some sound advice, pray Sam gets hurt, which will serve to prove also that you are not a true fan, otherwise sit back and get ready to watch Bradford play and PLAY EXTREMELY WELL.

Bank it.

hmmmm...so Sanchez did not flourish under a terrific QB coach like Rex Ryan?....shocking...

With his arm and shoulder back to full health it will be interesting to see how Sanchez does....and I don't love or hate the guy but Bradford has a lot to prove....especially after refusing an extension....a ballsy move to be sure.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2015, 11:03 PM) *
hmmmm...so Sanchez did not flourish under a terrific QB coach like Rex Ryan?....shocking...

With his arm and shoulder back to full health it will be interesting to see how Sanchez does....and I don't love or hate the guy but Bradford has a lot to prove....especially after refusing an extension....a ballsy move to be sure.

Flourish????? LOL, 56% comp with 68 tds and 69 ints as a Jet????

Friend if that is your view of flourishing you are going to wet your self when 7 plays.
Ced83
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 1 2015, 04:33 PM) *

I think he goes with the gimp. We've seen enough of Sanchez. We either one of these guys we could be starting 0/3 I think Bradford gives us the best chance.
Joegrane
I agree with you.

I'm not in any rush to throw Bradford out there. I'd like to see him at 99% recovered and with a very good feel for the O and his receivers.

Eventually the Eagles need to see what he can do. They also need to see what a fully healthy Sanchez can do. They have a big decision to make at the end of the season. That decision could make or break at least the next few years of the Kelly era--until M M becomes a FA! : )
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 1 2015, 11:03 PM) *

With his arm and shoulder back to full health it will be interesting to see how Sanchez does....and I don't love or hate the guy but Bradford has a lot to prove....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Aug 1 2015, 11:41 PM) *
Flourish????? LOL, 56% comp with 68 tds and 69 ints as a Jet????

Friend if that is your view of flourishing you are going to wet your self when 7 plays.

and you apparently do not get sarcasm.....

BKRuger
Bradford is the guy until he gets injured. End of story.
Eyrie
I start Bradford to see if it's simply a case of rust and unfamiliarity with the offense.

If he doesn't show signs of improvement in the first few weeks then I have a decision to make, no later than the week 8 bye, and I'd probably turn the rest of the season over to Sanchez at that stage.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Aug 1 2015, 09:57 PM) *

Bank it.

I'm an Eagle lover, not a Sanchez, Barkley, Tebow or Bradford lover.

What has Bradford done in his NFL career that gives you any indication that he will be the hands on winner in the Qb competition?

Or do you think it is predetermined that they go with Bradford no matter how Bradford plays?
Ced83
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 2 2015, 08:14 AM) *
I'm an Eagle lover, not a Sanchez, Barkley, Tebow or Bradford lover.

What has Bradford done in his NFL career that gives you any indication that he will be the hands on winner in the Qb competition?

Or do you think it is predetermined that they go with Bradford no matter how Bradford plays?

I'm with you philly Mike I don't love either of these QBs either. Give me Kapernick and he'll deliver us a SB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.