Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles' Brandon Graham: "Tim Tebow Will Make The Team And Play A Lot"
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
JeeQ
All aboard the Tim Tebow bandwagon!

The veteran quarterback has completely retooled his mechanics this offseason, and the end result has several Philadelphia Eagles coaches and players excited about what they're seeing.

Earlier this offseason, Eagles running back DeMarco Murray praised Tebow. This praise came after head coach Chip Kelly spoke glowingly about what he has already seen from Tebow during spring practices. Now, we can add Eagles' outside linebacker Brandon Graham to the fan club.

"Tim Tebow is going to shock a lot of people, because he is going to make the team," Graham said, while speaking to Lauren Beasley on YouTube, per True Jersey, "and I think he will play a lot."

Tebow was one of the first players Graham mentioned when asked about the new additions to the roster that he is most excited about. Sam Bradford's name did not come up at all.

Tebow has been training hard this offseason, like he always does, and he will get a chance to show off his improved mechanics during the team's training camp grind.

wub.gif
D Rock
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ced83
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jul 30 2015, 02:14 PM) *
wub.gif

Yeah, I can see it happening Chip does care for Barkley. So he's out and Tebow in. Chip wasted a pick on Barkley. I'm new here but I'm not crazy about Chip being GM.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Jul 30 2015, 11:31 PM) *
Yeah, I can see it happening Chip does care for Barkley. So he's out and Tebow in. Chip wasted a pick on Barkley. I'm new here but I'm not crazy about Chip being GM.

I'm not convinced either.

And I'll be even less convinced if Tebow fails to look like a QB, yet is kept on as a tinkertoy. I'd rather bring back Vick for that role.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 30 2015, 05:34 PM) *
I'm not convinced either.

And I'll be even less convinced if Tebow fails to look like a QB, yet is kept on as a tinkertoy. I'd rather bring back Vick for that role.

Skill wise you would be making the rational choice, but Vick would cost a lot more than Tebow.
D Rock
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Jul 30 2015, 11:31 PM) *

Correction:
Howie wasted a pick on Barkley.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 30 2015, 05:46 PM) *
Correction:

Correction:
Howie missed on a calculated risk with Barkley. It was a 4th rounder and worth it at the time.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 30 2015, 05:59 PM) *
Correction:
Howie missed on a calculated risk with Barkley. It was a 4th rounder and worth it at the time.

Not giving up on Barkley.

I got a hunch here...................................
Joegrane
That was a very surprising comment by Brandon Graham. In contrast, D Murray's statement sounds like political correctness.

Graham did not have to mention Tebow. It is quite unusual for a player to so strongly pick sides about a contested roster spot.

I bet Graham knows something we don't.

It would be nice if the Birds could get a pick in a trade for Barkley. It will be interesting to see if Barkley gets plenty of time in preseason games to showcase his talents.

"Tim Tebow is going to shock a lot of people, because he is going to make the team," Graham said, while speaking to Lauren Beasley on YouTube, per True Jersey, "and I think he will play a lot."

Tebow was one of the first players Graham mentioned when asked about the new additions to the roster that he is most excited about. Sam Bradford's name did not come up at all.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 30 2015, 07:45 PM) *
Not giving up on Barkley.

I got a hunch here...................................

Huh? I think Barkley isn't good, but he was worthy of the gamble in the 4th that year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 30 2015, 09:36 PM) *
Huh? I think Barkley isn't good, but he was worthy of the gamble in the 4th that year.

Definitely worthy of the 4th round pick, considering that all had him first two rounds.

Maybe he and Sanchez are both fully back after shoulder injuries. Would be nice to see all three QB's have back quadrant capabilities.

Reporters have said he looks good in OTA's compared to previous years.

We'll see.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 30 2015, 11:59 PM) *
Correction:

I don't disagree.

My point was that it was a Howie pick. Not a chippa pick. Right or wrong.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 30 2015, 11:29 PM) *
I don't disagree.

My point was that it was a Howie pick. Not a chippa pick. Right or wrong.

Now here is a wild theory.....

Barkley is a Howie pick.....Howie hates Tebow....Chip brings in Tebow and plans to keep him and cut Barkley to further piss off Howie....hahahaha
Christian_Cat

I hope Brandon Graham is right!
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 31 2015, 02:15 AM) *
That was a very surprising comment by Brandon Graham. In contrast, D Murray's statement sounds like political correctness.

Graham did not have to mention Tebow. It is quite unusual for a player to so strongly pick sides about a contested roster spot.

I bet Graham knows something we don't.

It would be nice if the Birds could get a pick in a trade for Barkley. It will be interesting to see if Barkley gets plenty of time in preseason games to showcase his talents.

If Barkley can't show enough to beat out Tebow then we won't get a pick for him. There will be equally "good" options on the street.

xsv
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 31 2015, 06:48 AM) *
If Barkley can't show enough to beat out Tebow then we won't get a pick for him. There will be equally "good" options on the street.

Considering Teblow has been on the street for the last two years, this is true.

Reality Fan
There are only 2 ways this plays out.

Tebow is a screen move buy Kelly to distract the media coverage of his offseason moves which worked to a degree......

or

Kelly plans on using Tebow to run short yardage plays to protect Bradford's health....

kelly is friend s with Urban Meyer so the first option may have some credence because he does Meyer a favor and gets some distraction. The 2nd could be true because Tebow is an extremely effective runner.

Going to be very interesting camp. One thing is certain...everyone who thinks they know what Kelly wants or is going to do is crazy....the guy is anything but conventional in his thinking.

Eyrie
There is a third possibility.

Tebow may actually demonstrate sufficient improvement that he could be used as a QB in an emergency, in which case his versatility would give him the edge over Barkley.

But he will need to show that improvement in preseason games because the consensus was that he hadn't managed it in mini-camps.
xsv
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 31 2015, 02:38 PM) *
There is a third possibility.

Tebow may actually demonstrate sufficient improvement that he could be used as a QB in an emergency, in which case his versatility would give him the edge over Barkley.

But he will need to show that improvement in preseason games because the consensus was that he hadn't managed it in mini-camps.

Frankly, I think that's the only way he makes the team. You never know what's up Chip's sleeve, but I think Teblow would have to beat Barkely out straight up for him to make the team. I doubt it will happen, but you never know.
Joegrane
I think Barkley will out-play Tebow as a passer but will loose the job anyway, especially after the extraordinary comments by Graham. I suspect Chip doesn't like Barkley because of the "culture" issue or maybe because he was a Howie pick.

Also Tebow gives Chip the multi-dimensional toy he desires so much. If his passing improves enough I would not be surprised if he is active on game day even though he's #3. He'd be very useful on 3rd and 6 inches in contrast to the toothpick-legged Bradford. Tebow's career TD rate in the Red Zone is good.
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 31 2015, 06:48 AM) *
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 31 2015, 10:14 PM) *
I think Barkley will out-play Tebow as a passer but will loose the job anyway, especially after the extraordinary comments by Graham. I suspect Chip doesn't like Barkley because of the "culture" issue or maybe because he was a Howie pick.

Also Tebow gives Chip the multi-dimensional toy he desires so much. If his passing improves enough I would not be surprised if he is active on game day even though he's #3. He'd be very useful on 3rd and 6 inches in contrast to the toothpick-legged Bradford. Tebow's career TD rate in the Red Zone is good.

It should come down to ability as a passer only, and that gives Barkley the edge over Tebow on current evidence.

I'd also discount the idea of using Tebow on a QB sneak if his passing isn't right. The QB sneak depends on timing from the centre to create a space for the QB to follow rather than power from the QB to create that space. Having a poor passer under centre tips off the defence and makes it much easier to stop the sneak since they don't need to respect the pass.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 31 2015, 06:10 PM) *
It should come down to ability as a passer only, and that gives Barkley the edge over Tebow on current evidence.

I'd also discount the idea of using Tebow on a QB sneak if his passing isn't right. The QB sneak depends on timing from the centre to create a space for the QB to follow rather than power from the QB to create that space. Having a poor passer under centre tips off the defence and makes it much easier to stop the sneak since they don't need to respect the pass.

Unfortunately that is not correct....using the wildcat formation, as many teams have now done, the idea is a power formation, not your traditional QB sneak.....like Ronnie Brown did in Miami or any other place that has employed it...Brad Smith in New York...it is a long list.....many teams use their RBs in place of a QB.

It just seems that some people continue to think that Kelly is a traditional guy. If he keeps Tebow it is not because he is suddenly a great QB.....it is so he can get something out of that slot..if he makes the team he may not dress every game, like Barkley didn;t but for those games that he does he might actually see the field....if he beat out Barkley as a passer i might die from laughter...God, the fun I would have...
Ced83
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 30 2015, 05:46 PM) *
Correction:

Correction: I read Chip chose Barkley so he must have told Howie he wanted him.
D Rock
QUOTE (Ced83 @ Aug 1 2015, 10:00 PM) *
Correction: I read Chip chose Barkley so he must have told Howie he wanted him.

That must be why Howie is still the man.

Oh . . . uh . . . never mind.
american_champion_reborn
The showstopper is back!!!!.. It's TeBow Time Again!!!.. Redemption awaits.. God Bless.
xsv
QUOTE (american_champion_reborn @ Aug 3 2015, 09:37 PM) *
The showstopper is back!!!!.. It's TeBow Time Again!!!.. Redemption awaits.. God Bless.

TeBlow time!
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 3 2015, 06:53 PM) *
TeBlow time!

Its fine if you don't think he's good as a QB, but why do we have to be mean spirited and call him Teblow?
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 3 2015, 11:51 PM) *
Its fine if you don't think he's good as a QB, but why do we have to be mean spirited and call him Teblow?

Because I find it funny. His name is Tebow, he blows as a qb, so TeBlow! And since you post your TeBlow posts here, knowing full well it irritates the majority of posters, this is a good natured way of irritating you back. It's better than straight telling you to fuck off, don't you think?

We've been making up funny nicknames for players that suck since long before you were born.
nd9kel
Seems like all Tebow lovers could get on the Sam bandwagon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZTfNSJoP8
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 4 2015, 04:48 AM) *
Because I find it funny. His name is Tebow, he blows as a qb, so TeBlow! And since you post your TeBlow posts here, knowing full well it irritates the majority of posters, this is a good natured way of irritating you back. It's better than straight telling you to fuck off, don't you think?

We've been making up funny nicknames for players that suck since long before you were born.

Only hurt people hurt other people.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 11:49 AM) *
Only hurt people hurt other people.

If x calling Tebow "Teblow" hurts you, you should probably avoid the comments posted on the internet.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 4 2015, 10:04 AM) *
If x calling Tebow "Teblow" hurts you, you should probably avoid the comments posted on the internet.

He's not hurting me. I was just stating that only hurt people hurt other people. In this case he's hurting Tebow or at least trying to.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 12:52 PM) *
He's not hurting me. I was just stating that only hurt people hurt other people. In this case he's hurting Tebow or at least trying to.

If Tebow comes to Wingheads, he's got some serious problems. If he has a problem with criticism, he should have stayed out of the spotlight.

I suspect you probably shouldn't waste your breath worrying about Teblow's feelings.
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 01:52 PM) *

You sure about that? You sure seem kinda butt hurt about it.

Don't cry, tho. TeBlow will be ok, I promise. :-)

xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 4 2015, 02:13 PM) *
You sure about that? You sure seem kinda butt hurt about it.

Don't cry, tho. TeBlow will be ok, I promise. :-)

For fucks sake, you're lucky I don't change the board software to change Tebow to TeBlow every time ANYONE types his name on this site.

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 4 2015, 07:17 PM) *
For fucks sake, you're lucky I don't change the board software to change Tebow to TeBlow every time ANYONE types his name on this site.

Did you just quote yourself?

biggrin.gif
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 4 2015, 11:17 AM) *

Whatever makes you feel better. Hopefully your day is going well.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 4 2015, 11:00 AM) *
If Tebow comes to Wingheads, he's got some serious problems. If he has a problem with criticism, he should have stayed out of the spotlight.

I suspect you probably shouldn't waste your breath worrying about Teblow's feelings.

Again my statement only hurt people hurt people can be applied to any person who hurts another. Tebow just happens to be the example in this particular case.

Oh and you can google hurt people hurt people and there are actually books with that title on that subject matter.

Anyways back to topic I am excited to see how things play out for Tebow with the Eagles. Brandon's comments are exciting.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Aug 4 2015, 02:37 PM) *
Did you just quote yourself?

biggrin.gif

I believe I did.

Next I'll start referring to myself in the 3rd person.
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 02:50 PM) *
Again my statement only hurt people hurt people can be applied to any person who hurts another. Tebow just happens to be the example in this particular case.

Oh and you can google hurt people hurt people and there are actually books with that title on that subject matter.

Anyways back to topic I am excited to see how things play out for Tebow with the Eagles. Brandon's comments are exciting.

That's just stupid. Only hurt people say that hurt people hurt people. AND, only hurt people hurt people that say that hurt peolple hurt people. Both of these are every bit as true.

Just because you believe in an imaginary man that lives in the sky doesn't mean you have to be gullible enough to believe every single thing you hear from someone else who also believes in an imaginary man that lives in the sky. Jeezus fuckin' christ (I'm thinking of Pila's meme here, not beseeching the imaginary guy that lives in the sky, lol) don't be so gullible.

Put your big boy panties on and take the good natured ribbing for what it's worth, son. I'm excited to see how things play out with TeBlow, too. But, until he proves he can actually play in this league, I'll call him "TeBlow, the journeyman would be 3rd string qb".
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 4 2015, 12:10 PM) *
That's just stupid. Only hurt people say that hurt people hurt people. AND, only hurt people hurt people that say that hurt peolple hurt people. Both of these are every bit as true.

Just because you believe in an imaginary man that lives in the sky doesn't mean you have to be gullible enough to believe every single thing you hear from someone else who also believes in an imaginary man that lives in the sky. Jeezus fuckin' christ (I'm thinking of Pila's meme here, not beseeching the imaginary guy that lives in the sky, lol) don't be so gullible.

Put your big boy panties on and take the good natured ribbing for what it's worth, son. I'm excited to see how things play out with TeBlow, too. But, until he proves he can actually play in this league, I'll call him "TeBlow, the journeyman would be 3rd string qb".

I have a friend who's a therapist and they would disagree with you. They have come to the same conclusion as me only hurt people hurt other people. Btw that friend is an atheist.

I am sure you have experienced some type of hurt in your life just like every human being on planet earth.

Anyways we are getting way off track. Training camp has started for the Eagles team. Lets cheer for them.
D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 09:29 PM) *
I have a friend

You do?

Oh . . . you mean the "imaginary" friend who resides on a cloud.
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 02:38 PM) *
Whatever makes you feel better. Hopefully your day is going well.

I'm having a terrific day, thanks for asking!

I hope your day is going well also.
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 04:29 PM) *
I have a friend who's a therapist and they would disagree with you. They have come to the same conclusion as me only hurt people hurt other people. Btw that friend is an atheist.

I am sure you have experienced some type of hurt in your life just like every human being on planet earth.

Anyways we are getting way off track. Training camp has started for the Eagles team. Lets cheer for them.

Yep, that's precisely why the statement is stupid. Everyone has experienced hurt and everyone has caused hurt. So basically you just saying everyone has hurt everyone. Not a very deep thinker, your friend.

And the next time you cheer for anyone on the Eagles other than
TeBlow will be your first.
Aquila
Let's keep the religious references on G&G please.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 04:29 PM) *

Sounds to me like your friend/they is suffering from multiple personality disorder. Let me guess. One of the personalities thinks he/she is a therapist? The only bit of sanity the poor soul has going for him/her is the atheist part.

As for Graham's comments about teblow exciting you goes; you must really have a pathetically boring life.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 4 2015, 05:10 PM) *
Sounds to me like your friend/they is suffering from multiple personality disorder. Let me guess. One of the personalities thinks he/she is a therapist? The only bit of sanity the poor soul has going for him/her is the atheist part.

As for Graham's comments about teblow exciting you goes; you must really have a pathetically boring life.

So now you pretend to know who I know? You don't know me from Adam. My friend is a therapist and got her masters degree years ago.

I like Tebow so I am excited to hear news about him. Different things excite different people.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 4 2015, 10:53 PM) *
So now you pretend to know who I know? You don't know me from Adam. My friend is a therapist and got her masters degree years ago.

I like Tebow so I am excited to hear news about him. Different things excite different people.

Dude, you're just a troll, plain and simple.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Aug 5 2015, 09:42 AM) *
Dude, you're just a troll, plain and simple.

All I have to say to that is that it takes one to know one. Have a good day!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 4 2015, 03:10 PM) *

actually...if you took the time to google the phrase you would realize it is true regadless of whetehr this troll brought it up or not.

emotionally damaged people tend to try to bring people down to feel the pain they feel.....pretty common stuff actually without the need to bring in the childish barbs...

standard stuff in marriage counseling and grief counseling

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.