Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Papelbon to Nats
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/insider/post?id=4174

So we got the 10th rated prospect in the Washington farm system for Paps?

Does that seem a little low to anyone else??

I would expect a top five prospect from their farm, no?

For all of his knuckleheadness, he played damn well for us while he was here.

I wish all of our players performed up to his level.
mcnabbulous
Not a whole lot of leverage. Especially considering he had a no-trade clause which included DC.
BKRuger
I skimmed the details, but it looks like they ate his contract. So Ruben canceled out Ruben's shitty deal. Yay.
nephillymike
Very rarely does the 10th best prospect in anyone's farm system make a meaningful contribution in the the bigs.

Our farm guys up here now:

Ruiz
Howard
Utley
Galvis
Hernandez
Asche
Franco
Brown
Hamels
etc

were all higher than top 10.

We got squattah.

Hard to believe really. I wonder if we could have gotten a higher prospect if we ate some of his deal.

Did we get a nobody for the right to pay no salary? That would be a shame if true.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 28 2015, 10:39 PM) *
Very rarely does the 10th best prospect in anyone's farm system make a meaningful contribution in the the bigs.

Our farm guys up here now:

Ruiz
Howard
Utley
Galvis
Hernandez
Asche
Franco
Brown
Hamels
etc

were all higher than top 10.

We got squattah.

Hard to believe really. I wonder if we could have gotten a higher prospect if we ate some of his deal.

Did we get a nobody for the right to pay no salary? That would be a shame if true.

I suspect those guys weren't always top-10. Guys move up and down in organizations. Biddle is currently our 13th ranked prospect, when he was 1 or 2 at one point. Apparently this kid has improved a bit this year and has a decent ceiling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.