Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Per NFL Network
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
10.DAL - SF
9. PHI - DAL
8. NE-IND
7. GB - CHI
6. PIT - BAL
5. PIT - DAL
4. CIN - CLE
3. NE - NYJ
2. PIT - OAK
1. PHI - NYG

Thoughts?
Dreagon
Some of those seem about right...although I've never thought of us as having a rivalry with SF. We just had a couple of unfortunate encounters with them and Joe Montana back in the day. The fact that DAL-WASH no longer makes the list is a sad statement how far WASH has fallen. That one used to be huge.

And for some reason I thought you guys had a bit of a rivalry with PIT. I'm not sure where I got that though.
BKRuger
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2015, 10:36 PM) *
10.DAL - SF
9. PHI - DAL
8. NE-IND
7. GB - CHI
6. PIT - BAL
5. PIT - DAL
4. CIN - CLE
3. NE - NYJ
2. PIT - OAK
1. PHI - NYG

Thoughts?

10. If this were the mid-90's, yes.
9. Obviously this one should be higher, but at least it's on the list.
8. Someone tell NE they have a rivalry with IND - I'm pretty sure they consider them practice on their way to the next playoff round.
7. That's a huge one.
6. Best AFC rivalry for some time now.
5. Honestly who wrote this list, some asshole 50 year old Cowboys fan?
4. That's a big one, especially once a decade or so when the Browns field a team with NFL talent.
3. This is a rivalry the way the Yankees-Mets is a rivalry - one franchise is the gold standard, the other is a disgrace living in the shadow of the gold standard.
2. If this were the mid-70's, yes. I don't think Oakland has a rivalry with anyone at this point. SF/Oak fan fights every preseason are beast though.
1. I'm surprised they put this at #1, though it certainly is earned.

Zero
It's always been Dallas for me but I get the Giants. In parts of central NJ the fan base is mixed between Eagles, Giants and Jets. For a lot of those fans it's almost as easy to go to one stadium as it is to the other. Dallas for me because of the 'America's Team' crap with all of the band wagon fans added. I've never understood how someone can support a team that isn't the home town team. That's friggin like rooting for ISIS! ohmy.gif
HobbEs
I'd replace SF - DAL with either OAK - KC or OAK -SD.
D Rock
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 27 2015, 05:40 AM) *
6. Best AFC rivalry for some time now.

For some time now? You mean like, since their inceptions, right?

Baltimore used to be cleveland and Pitt - Clev.. has always been the best AFC rivalry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.