Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would you do this or do that?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
nephillymike
They had an "undo" discussion on 97.5 about any off season moves you want to undo.

Here's one I thought of when I heard of it.

Pick one option:

1. Trade Foles and a 2nd round pick and 12M of salary expense (and cap) for Sam Bradford

OR

2. Keep Foles, the pick and use the $12M of cash to keep Maclin.

The folks on 97.5 were ignoring the difference in money in their discussion but to be fair the money aspect needs to be included.

So you can pick one option. What would you do?
Eyrie
If we keep Maclin then we don't need Agholor, so it would depend on what we do with the first round pick. S or OLB would suit me.

The downside is keeping Foles, who struggled last season.

Tough call. On balance, I'd go with the new face at QB.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jul 25 2015, 02:10 PM) *
If we keep Maclin then we don't need Agholor, so it would depend on what we do with the first round pick. S or OLB would suit me.

The downside is keeping Foles, who struggled last season.

Tough call. On balance, I'd go with the new face at QB.

I would have no problem drafting Algholar if we had Foles and Maclin. Worst case would mean Cooper is the 4th WR and the two kids and Maclin are our starting three WR's. Then we can cut Cooper after '15.

Bradford may turn out to be better than Foles, but I don't think he'd be better than Foles plus $12M plus a two.
Zero
I'd do what Kelly did. It's a gamble that may not pay off, but without a risk are the Eagles a SB team? I'd say probably not and that's not to say they are with Bradford.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 25 2015, 07:57 PM) *
I'd do what Kelly did. It's a gamble that may not pay off, but without a risk are the Eagles a SB team? I'd say probably not and that's not to say they are with Bradford.

With or without a risk, I think the Eagles are probably an 8 - 8 team. Forget SB team.
Joegrane
If I had a crystal ball I would not have cut Herremans. Maybe I'm biased because I just liked the guy.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 25 2015, 08:34 AM) *
They had an "undo" discussion on 97.5 about any off season moves you want to undo.

I think the Foles trade was about getting a long shot at Mariota and rolling the dice that Chip's conditioning and nutrition system can keep Bradford relatively healthy. I liked Foles but I'm willing to give Chip the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

BKRuger
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 25 2015, 06:57 PM) *

If you think we're putting a SB team on the field next year.....you're going to have a bad time.
Reality Fan
I have no problem getting rid of Foles. I became a Foles guy and I liked him in general but it became clear last year that he is not the kind of QB that elevates guys around him.....he became gun shy, understandably, but that is a tough thing to shake once you have it......He does not possess the accuracy and snap decision ability to overcome it.
Speed_Kills
The gamble is this; Will Bradford stay healthy?

If he does not then obviously it was a bad trade.

If he does stay healthy, everyone including those of you who say 'this is an 8-8 team.." are in for the surprise of your life.

If I were Kelly I'd bank on the latter every time.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Jul 26 2015, 06:05 AM) *
The gamble is this; Will Bradford stay healthy?

If he does not then obviously it was a bad trade.

If he does stay healthy, everyone including those of you who say 'this is an 8-8 team.." are in for the surprise of your life.

If I were Kelly I'd bank on the latter every time.

I see the risk as being he is the QB his stats and record say he is. I think that is the greater risk than his knees.

Chip's offense is amazing. He has guys running all over the place wide open and there always seems to be so much running room on the second level. More than we've experienced with any other offensive coach in my lifetime. So from that standpoint, it should be easier for the QB to perform, provided our WR's are as good as they've been in the past and our OL is as good and our RB's as good. I think realistically, the RB's will be as good or better, but the other two will drop a bit. We'll see. I think if Bradford plays, he will have a "Chip bump" in his stats, but is it enough to get him in the top two SB quality tiers of QB's? I don't know. And that is the only reason you make this trade. If he is a top 12 QB talent, then it was a good move. If not, we got fleeced. (Keep in mind Foles had an absolutely all time year and he is now gone, you I guess we need to say sustained top twelve tier)
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2015, 07:27 AM) *
I think if Bradford plays, he will have a "Chip bump" in his stats, but is it enough to get him in the top two SB quality tiers of QB's? I don't know. And that is the only reason you make this trade. If he is a top 12 QB talent, then it was a good move. If not, we got fleeced. (Keep in mind Foles had an absolutely all time year and he is now gone, you I guess we need to say sustained top twelve tier)

Bradford is supposedly a pretty smart guy and he's Maclining this year. Either the Eagles are trying to lowball him or he believes in himself.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2015, 07:27 AM) *
I see the risk as being he is the QB his stats and record say he is. I think that is the greater risk than his knees.

Chip's offense is amazing. He has guys running all over the place wide open and there always seems to be so much running room on the second level. More than we've experienced with any other offensive coach in my lifetime. So from that standpoint, it should be easier for the QB to perform, provided our WR's are as good as they've been in the past and our OL is as good and our RB's as good. I think realistically, the RB's will be as good or better, but the other two will drop a bit. We'll see. I think if Bradford plays, he will have a "Chip bump" in his stats, but is it enough to get him in the top two SB quality tiers of QB's? I don't know. And that is the only reason you make this trade. If he is a top 12 QB talent, then it was a good move. If not, we got fleeced. (Keep in mind Foles had an absolutely all time year and he is now gone, you I guess we need to say sustained top twelve tier)

"he is the QB his stats and record say he is.."

If you believe that statement then you should already be pizzed off and have your mind made up, like I believe you do, because Foles "stats" and record is pretty darn good no?

What's Andy Dalton's record by the way?

And how many AFC title games did Sanchez play in?

Bradford was brought in to the worst possible situation in NFL history bar none. He was drafted by a team that had won 5 games total...IN THE PREVIOUS 3 SEASONS!

He has never had even one remotely top 40-50 wr to throw to. And he not only had 4 different OC's the last was Mr Conservative himself in little Schotty.

Thankfully for all Eagle fans Kelly understands what Bradford's talents are, and they are far superior to Foles in almost every respect.

If you are an Eagles fan pray for his health because that is all that will be needed for a serious run at your first Super Bowl.
mcnabbulous
Totally agree.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Speed_Kills @ Jul 26 2015, 12:15 PM) *
"he is the QB his stats and record say he is.."

If you believe that statement then you should already be pizzed off and have your mind made up, like I believe you do, because Foles "stats" and record is pretty darn good no?

What's Andy Dalton's record by the way?

And how many AFC title games did Sanchez play in?

Bradford was brought in to the worst possible situation in NFL history bar none. He was drafted by a team that had won 5 games total...IN THE PREVIOUS 3 SEASONS!

He has never had even one remotely top 40-50 wr to throw to. And he not only had 4 different OC's the last was Mr Conservative himself in little Schotty.

Thankfully for all Eagle fans Kelly understands what Bradford's talents are, and they are far superior to Foles in almost every respect.

If you are an Eagles fan pray for his health because that is all that will be needed for a serious run at your first Super Bowl.

Foles stats last year were pretty bad. If '14 was the "real" Foles, then he would have got beaten out in a fair competition by Sanchez as many said was happening in training camp anyway and there was probably something to the rumor that Chip was going to sit Foles if he came back in favor of Sanchez, which was one of the points of contention between Chip and Howie. So Foles of last year and last year's fucked up mechanics was probably not beating Bradford, or Sanchez out in a fair competition.

One of my good friends is a Rams season ticket holder and he was happy to see him go. I respect this guys football knowledge, at least to the point of it not being a the no brainer that some are making it out to be.

For the record, I think Bradford will be an improvement over Sanchez of last year and Foles of last year but will not be a good enough QB to sniff Foles performance of '13 nor move up to that 2nd tier of QB's to be good enough to win a SB with. IMO, he would have shown more if he had "it". I hear what everyone says about the STL situation. But if it was soooo bad, then why did the other QB's who filled in for Bradford have better ratings than their career averages if the offensive coaching was so bad? It wasn't by a bunch that they bettered their career stats, but if the backups did better than they proved to be during the rest of their career, isn't it a fair question to ask if Bradford was really hampered versus his real skill?

I'm hoping he lights it up and it is there for the taking. If he can see and hit those wide open WR and RB, then we're set. Foles missed seeing three wide open WR's for TD's in the home opener alone last year and Sanchez penchant for turning the ball over and his limited arsenal makes it a job that any above average QB should win in an open competition.

But, he needs to win it and it has to be open. Career 79 passer rating QB's who win below 40% of their games should be handed nothing, no matter what they are paid.

I hope all Eagles fans will agree with my last statement.
BKRuger
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2015, 06:36 PM) *
One of my good friends is a Rams season ticket holder and he was happy to see him go. I respect this guys football knowledge, at least to the point of it not being a the no brainer that some are making it out to be.

I'm not convinced Chip had any real overall plan in place, other than dumping Foles. Bradford is more talented than Foles, but he makes Michael Vick look durable. I'd be shocked if he stays healthy.

Anyone miss McNabb yet?
nephillymike
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 26 2015, 09:20 PM) *
I'm not convinced Chip had any real overall plan in place, other than dumping Foles. Bradford is more talented than Foles, but he makes Michael Vick look durable. I'd be shocked if he stays healthy.

Anyone miss McNabb yet?

No.

Dmac is the best QB all time for the Eagles, but I think his poor showings in WAS and MIN show he was incapable of learning and effectively implementing a new system.

I hope he rebounds from his current off field issues. I want him to get back to the booth for his and his family's sake.
Joegrane
Bradford is supposedly a pretty smart guy and he's Maclining this year.

: ) Very true. I bet he does well for himself if he can stay healthy.

However that assumes his heart is still in football. There was some rumor that he contemplated retirement after his last injury. I bet the opportunity to play in Chip's system and with Chips Sports Science program has rejuvenated Bradford's body and heart.

Foles played well the year he played behind a healthy O line and played mediocre the years he had a banged up O Line. I expect him to be average at best this year behind the young O Line and with young weapons, but expect him to improve as the young Rams offense matures.

Remember Bradford had to face the very good defenses in the NFC West. Foles will now have to face them. However those defenses are on the down side. This will help Foles in the coming years.

It would be interesting to see Bradford's stats against non NFC West teams.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2015, 07:36 PM) *

For the record, I think Bradford will be an improvement over Sanchez of last year and Foles of last year but will not be a good enough QB to sniff Foles performance of '13 nor move up to that 2nd tier of QB's to be good enough to win a SB with. IMO, he would have shown more if he had "it". I hear what everyone says about the STL situation. But if it was soooo bad, then why did the other QB's who filled in for Bradford have better ratings than their career averages if the offensive coaching was so bad? It wasn't by a bunch that they bettered their career stats, but if the backups did better than they proved to be during the rest of their career, isn't it a fair question to ask if Bradford was really hampered versus his real skill?

Me thinks you misremember....lol

Kellen Clemens did not have a better anything...he stank

Much has been made about Bradford and injuries....understandably...but...

His first 3 years he played 16 games twice and one season he played 10 games getting hurt in the 10th.

Of the other 6 games the following happened:
Feeley went 1-2 with 1 TD and 2 picks....in 3 games? QB rating of 66....3 points below his career average...
Clemens went 0-3 with 2 TDs and 1 pick...in 3 games? QB rating of 73.8 5 points above his career average but nothing earth shattering...and that was because of 1 game, his first against Cincy.

In year 4 Clemens replaced Bradford who had a QB rating of 90+ and 14 TDs against 4 picks.....almost Foles territory before getting hurt...

Clemens ended up with a QB rating of 78 with 8 TDs and 7 picks...hardly an improvement...

By the way....Clemens never really got much playing time anywhere else so his QB rating outside those 2 years is rather irrelevant. he had 8 starts his 2nd year with the jets...a 4-12 jets team.....

In 2014 Austin Davis established his QB rating so that is out...and Sguan Hill played right around his career average....

Sorry Mikey....the Bradford situation has a lot of myths surrounding it...
BKRuger
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 26 2015, 10:23 PM) *
Dmac is the best QB all time for the Eagles, but I think his poor showings in WAS and MIN show he was incapable of learning and effectively implementing a new system.

Really?! His skills had declined at that point, and he was playing for dumpster fire franchises. It's pretty disingenuous to say that. I was only pointing out that we haven't won a playoff game since he was here, and people are still talking shit about him as we're laying out ridiculous hopes for Bradford this season.
Zero
DMac was his own worst enemy. He was overly sensitive about a lot of things, most damaging to his career was about being a running QB. If he had listened to Randall, "just let me be me" he would have been almost unbeatable. He could have benefited by improved accuracy too but his biggest problem was stubbornly wanting to prove that a black QB could succeed without being viewed as a running QB.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 27 2015, 06:21 AM) *
DMac was his own worst enemy. He was overly sensitive about a lot of things, most damaging to his career was about being a running QB. If he had listened to Randall, "just let me be me" he would have been almost unbeatable. He could have benefited by improved accuracy too but his biggest problem was stubbornly wanting to prove that a black QB could succeed without being viewed as a running QB.

agree completely...while I admire what he did on the field he changed when he decided he wanted to be a passing QB......his ego really screwed him up.
Phits

With the appropriate weapons DMac proved to be more than a capable QB who was willing to use his feet when necessary. The failure was on the part of management to provide him appropriate targets whom he could trust and allow defenses to focus on something other than the line of scrimmage. The league was evolving and AR adopted the pass first mentality a lot sooner than most other coaches. As we learned, adopting that type of mentality and not equipping the team with the necessary skill set will not put you into the SB elite teams. You can be a very good regular season team, but you will fizzle in the post season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jul 27 2015, 02:07 PM) *
With the appropriate weapons DMac proved to be more than a capable QB who was willing to use his feet when necessary. The failure was on the part of management to provide him appropriate targets whom he could trust and allow defenses to focus on something other than the line of scrimmage. The league was evolving and AR adopted the pass first mentality a lot sooner than most other coaches. As we learned, adopting that type of mentality and not equipping the team with the necessary skill set will not put you into the SB elite teams. You can be a very good regular season team, but you will fizzle in the post season.

He was a victim of a lack of quality targets but that was all the more reason to run. He insisted on avoiding running the ball and it led to him getting hurt repeatedly and cut his effectiveness post injury.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 26 2015, 11:12 PM) *
Me thinks you misremember....lol

Kellen Clemens did not have a better anything...he stank

Much has been made about Bradford and injuries....understandably...but...

His first 3 years he played 16 games twice and one season he played 10 games getting hurt in the 10th.

Of the other 6 games the following happened:
Feeley went 1-2 with 1 TD and 2 picks....in 3 games? QB rating of 66....3 points below his career average...
Clemens went 0-3 with 2 TDs and 1 pick...in 3 games? QB rating of 73.8 5 points above his career average but nothing earth shattering...and that was because of 1 game, his first against Cincy.

In year 4 Clemens replaced Bradford who had a QB rating of 90+ and 14 TDs against 4 picks.....almost Foles territory before getting hurt...

Clemens ended up with a QB rating of 78 with 8 TDs and 7 picks...hardly an improvement...

By the way....Clemens never really got much playing time anywhere else so his QB rating outside those 2 years is rather irrelevant. he had 8 starts his 2nd year with the jets...a 4-12 jets team.....

In 2014 Austin Davis established his QB rating so that is out...and Sguan Hill played right around his career average....

Sorry Mikey....the Bradford situation has a lot of myths surrounding it...

Nope.

When I get time, I'll link you the sources. They played slightly above their career averages
BKRuger
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 27 2015, 05:21 AM) *

You aren't wrong, but I think that was more the media pounding it in his head day after day as opposed to some crusade he was on. He wasn't known for accuracy, but he threw the deep ball as well as anyone, and when he had a WR it paid off. The guy really should've been forbidden from watching television and listening to the radio his entire career.
Phits
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 27 2015, 07:58 PM) *
You aren't wrong, but I think that was more the media pounding it in his head day after day as opposed to some crusade he was on. He wasn't known for accuracy, but he threw the deep ball as well as anyone, and when he had a WR it paid off. The guy really should've been forbidden from watching television and listening to the radio his entire career.

Well said BK. Also take into consideration that a number of his injuries were a result of him running/scrambling. It's no wonder that he would rather take solace in the "safety" of the (various) offensive lines that AR assembled.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 27 2015, 10:42 PM) *
He was a victim of a lack of quality targets but that was all the more reason to run. He insisted on avoiding running the ball and it led to him getting hurt repeatedly and cut his effectiveness post injury.

His worst injuries were non contact injuries. The knee running untouched out of bounds comes to mind.
D Rock
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 27 2015, 11:58 PM) *

Media my ass. No one saw mcnabb more through the filter of race, than mcnabb himself, with the possible exception of his mom and "black in black crime" pops.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 27 2015, 10:39 PM) *
Media my ass. No one saw mcnabb more through the filter of race, than mcnabb himself, with the possible exception of his mom and "black in black crime" pops.

....and the rest of the population that recognizes race was and continues to be an issue throughout the league/country/world. I'm sure he would have preferred to be just a QB instead of one of the "black" QB aka a "running" QB. The stigma may have lessened over time, but it still exists.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 27 2015, 10:37 PM) *
His worst injuries were non contact injuries. The knee running untouched out of bounds comes to mind.

his broken rib against the pats led him to go crazy in the weight room and bulk up his upper body to better take the hits...it hurt his passing as a result.

His broken ankle was not an non contact injury nor was his chest contusion against Atlanta or his rib injury against Denver that same year (2005) and the sports hernia suffered earlier in 2005 can be debated as to what caused it.

His sprained ankle and broken thumb against Miami in 2007 were both due to contact and in 2009 his broken rib against Carolina was certainly a contact injury.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jul 27 2015, 10:50 PM) *
....and the rest of the population that recognizes race was and continues to be an issue throughout the league/country/world. I'm sure he would have preferred to be just a QB instead of one of the "black" QB aka a "running" QB. The stigma may have lessened over time, but it still exists.

simply ridiculous...race ahd nothing to do with McNabb and to suggest it is simply disingenuous...Mcnabb's the only guy who brought race into it and only because he felt he did not get enough respect.....
Reality Fan

perfectly stated...
BKRuger
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 27 2015, 09:39 PM) *

Yeah, at age 26, after leading his team to two straight NFC championship games and losing, he becomes the focus of a nationwide controversy when a political commentator claims the media only wants him to do well because of his race and he's underrated because we started 0-2.

He had thin skin, but clearly the media kept that horse alive for his entire career.
D Rock
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 28 2015, 06:13 AM) *
Yeah, at age 26, after leading his team to two straight NFC championship games and losing, he becomes the focus of a nationwide controversy when a political commentator claims the media only wants him to do well because of his race and he's underrated because we started 0-2.

He had thin skin, but clearly the media kept that horse alive for his entire career.

Only to a card carrying moron, does "rush limbaugh" comprise "the media."

One ass hole spewing vile disinformation and hatred does not equate to an indictment of all media. Perhaps in the minds of a dim witted McNabb he did, but not to reasonable folk.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 28 2015, 05:33 AM) *
simply ridiculous...race ahd nothing to do with McNabb and to suggest it is simply disingenuous...Mcnabb's the only guy who brought race into it and only because he felt he did not get enough respect.....

Spot on.
BKRuger
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 28 2015, 12:05 PM) *
Only to a card carrying moron, does "rush limbaugh" comprise "the media."

Ugh, you're an angry little child - then again, pounding you into the ground intellectually is child's play. As for the 'moron' card you no doubt carry into Starbucks every morning, you've certainly earned it - Rush Limbaugh said it on ESPN, and within minutes it became a nationwide controversy. It was discussed on every major news network and sports network for weeks, not to mention Rush's radio program which can be heard basically anywhere in the country. The story turned into endless commentary on black QB's, centered of course around #5. Rush's words frequently get passed around the news media, but that time you had the added effect of sports media too.

You seem to really hate McNabb and Rush
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 28 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Spot on.

Agree 100%.

Randall to a big extent and Peete to a lesser extent handled almost all of the race issues with our QB's.

By the time he took the helm, the city was over that issue.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 28 2015, 12:33 AM) *

McNabb's the only one to bring it to the spotlight. You have friends throughout the league, ask them if race is STILL an issue for black QB's. You may be surprised with the answer. Perhaps if McNabb had thicker skin, he wouldn't have let it become an issue. That doesn't change the fact that the stigma exists to this day.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 28 2015, 07:48 PM) *
Agree 100%.

Randall to a big extent and Peete to a lesser extent handled almost all of the race issues with our QB's.

By the time he took the helm, the city was over that issue.

Sorry Mikey, that's just not the case. When the New Yorker publishes articles like
this one as recently as 2014, clearly there is still an issue.
During some weeks of the 2013 regular season, as many as nine black quarterbacks started for the N.F.L.'s thirty-two teams, setting a league record.

When these kind of stats are kept, clearly there is still an issue.

On the off-chance that the City of Philadelphia no longer regards race an issue....the same can't be said for the rest of the football playing country.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 27 2015, 11:31 PM) *
his broken rib against the pats led him to go crazy in the weight room and bulk up his upper body to better take the hits...it hurt his passing as a result.

His broken ankle was not an non contact injury nor was his chest contusion against Atlanta or his rib injury against Denver that same year (2005) and the sports hernia suffered earlier in 2005 can be debated as to what caused it.

His sprained ankle and broken thumb against Miami in 2007 were both due to contact and in 2009 his broken rib against Carolina was certainly a contact injury.

While he was bulking up his chest, he should have tried to avoid bulking up his chins.

I don't know why everyone fails to acknowledge this. The guy got fat. I bet his drinking contributed.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 28 2015, 09:23 PM) *
While he was bulking up his chest, he should have tried to avoid bulking up his chins.

I don't know why everyone fails to acknowledge this. The guy got fat. I bet his drinking contributed.

he is heavy now...and was in Washington maybe even his last year here but prior to that he was a workout warrior......his workouts were even featured by ESPN.

his last 3 years he just didn't care......when he bulked up to take hits he was jacked...
mcnabbulous
He grew his "cover my double chin" beard/goatee long before his tenure in Philly ended.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Jul 28 2015, 09:08 PM) *
Sorry Mikey, that's just not the case. When the New Yorker publishes articles like

On the off-chance that the City of Philadelphia no longer regards race an issue....the same can't be said for the rest of the football playing country.

I am just curious....should we debate the racism exhibited at the running back position?....lol....just sayin....

Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 28 2015, 09:37 PM) *
I am just curious....should we debate the racism exhibited at the running back position?....lol....just sayin....

No need.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Jul 28 2015, 08:08 PM) *

I don't think there is any bias against Black QB's in today's NFL.

I think the Wilson's and Kaepernick's and Smith's and Manuel's and Bridgewater's are all judged fairly in today's NFL as are the McCarron's, Tebow's, and Barkley's.

Don't have the time to do it, but my guess is that the % of top college QB's who are Black closely matches the Black QB's who get drafted in the NFL. Once the QB's are drafted, they either make it or don't on their own.

BKRuger
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 28 2015, 10:09 PM) *
I think the Wilson's and Kaepernick's and Smith's and Manuel's and Bridgewater's are all judged fairly in today's NFL as are the McCarron's, Tebow's, and Barkley's.

This thread has gone off the deep end. I only said that McNabb had thin skin, and if he never listened to radio or watched tv during his career wouldn't have done or said some of the things he did. Race was pounded in his head. It's been pounded into RGIII's head too, but he has thick skin.

I forget where this even began, but I believe I just asked if anybody missed him yet, because we've seen nothing but failure from every QB we've had since him, just like we saw nothing but failure between him and Randall.

Maybe another 6 years of no playoff wins and we'll respect McNabb and Reid a bit more.
nephillymike
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 28 2015, 10:17 PM) *
This thread has gone off the deep end. I only said that McNabb had thin skin, and if he never listened to radio or watched tv during his career wouldn't have done or said some of the things he did. Race was pounded in his head. It's been pounded into RGIII's head too, but he has thick skin.

I forget where this even began, but I believe I just asked if anybody missed him yet, because we've seen nothing but failure from every QB we've had since him, just like we saw nothing but failure between him and Randall.

Maybe another 6 years of no playoff wins and we'll respect McNabb and Reid a bit more.

I don't know if I would call 10-6 in year 1 (coming off a 4-12 year) and 10-6 in year two with a backup QB failures, at least from an offensive perspective.

I don't think it a stretch to say give these last two teams McNabb's defenses and we win a playoff game each year. However, Chip's imprint and excuses are all over the D and that was our downfall.
BKRuger
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 28 2015, 10:24 PM) *
I don't think it a stretch to say give these last two teams McNabb's defenses and we win a playoff game each year. However, Chip's imprint and excuses are all over the D and that was our downfall.

Yeah, and give Russell Wilson our defenses over the last 3 years and he's average at best - so what?

10-6 in Chip's first year was great, but how many here were happy after the NO loss? I'd wager expectations here were higher. And definitely so last year, starting 9-3. We haven't done shit in January in 6 years.
nephillymike
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 28 2015, 10:29 PM) *
Yeah, and give Russell Wilson our defenses over the last 3 years and he's average at best - so what?

10-6 in Chip's first year was great, but how many here were happy after the NO loss? I'd wager expectations here were higher. And definitely so last year, starting 9-3. We haven't done shit in January in 6 years.

True, but four of those six were with the coach we should be missing.
BKRuger
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 28 2015, 11:35 PM) *
True, but four of those six were with the coach we should be missing.

Oh I'm glad Reid's gone, it was long overdue. But him and McNabb's time together here should be respected is what I meant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.