Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles ranked 22nd, Bradford 23rd, G. Smith last by ESPN
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
My ESPN insider expired so I can't print the full list, but was wondering what everyone thought of Foles and Bradford rankings.

Sorry Nabby, had to put Smith in there!!

If anyone has the full list, it would be great to post it.

Basically, they separate the QB into tiers. Both are tier 3 QB's, worthy starters who need a lot of help to compete. Tier 2 and Tier 1 QB's are thought to be good enough to win SB.

So we traded the same level QB, and threw in $12M and a 2nd round pick??
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 22 2015, 11:47 PM) *
My ESPN insider expired so I can't print the full list, but was wondering what everyone thought of Foles and Bradford rankings.

Sorry Nabby, had to put Smith in there!!

If anyone has the full list, it would be great to post it.

Basically, they separate the QB into tiers. Both are tier 3 QB's, worthy starters who need a lot of help to compete. Tier 2 and Tier 1 QB's are thought to be good enough to win SB.

So we traded the same level QB, and threw in $12M and a 2nd round pick??

While Bradford has the obvious knee concern....do you really think that on an even playing field with the same assets that Foles is in the same class?
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 23 2015, 01:40 AM) *
While Bradford has the obvious knee concern....do you really think that on an even playing field with the same assets that Foles is in the same class?

I hope we get the chance to find out.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 23 2015, 05:40 AM) *

I don't know the answer to that question but I will say this. Foles has done more on the field than Bradford ever has.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jul 23 2015, 12:52 PM) *
I don't know the answer to that question but I will say this. Foles has done more on the field than Bradford ever has.

All of Foles' success came under Chip, and until we see what Chip can do with Bradford any previous measurements seem moot to me. All three QBs that started for Chip (Foles, Vick, and Sanchez) had better stats and success when playing in Chip's system. Let's see how that carries over before we even try to measure Bradford vs. Foles. We should also watch how Foles does with Bradford's ex-team before we say we made an equivalent swap. Apples and oranges people.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jul 23 2015, 12:21 PM) *
All of Foles' success came under Chip, and until we see what Chip can do with Bradford any previous measurements seem moot to me. All three QBs that started for Chip (Foles, Vick, and Sanchez) had better stats and success when playing in Chip's system. Let's see how that carries over before we even try to measure Bradford vs. Foles. We should also watch how Foles does with Bradford's ex-team before we say we made an equivalent swap. Apples and oranges people.

Foles results under Andy with a lineup depleted of stars because of injury was impressive in the Bradford comparison.

To me, my fear is Bradford is what his stats and record says he is.

However, as long as it is an open competition, I don't have a problem with the signing and I agree that, pre NFL, Bradford had the superior skill set. However, standing in and taking a hit and throwing the ball on time to the target under adverse situations has been Bradford's issue in the NFL. If he clears that up, we'll be fine. If he's the same in that department than he was in STL, then we're wasting our time.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 23 2015, 10:09 PM) *
Foles results under Andy with a lineup depleted of stars because of injury was impressive in the Bradford comparison.

This should tell you more about Andy than anything else. Despite the ridiculous amount of hate the guy got, he maximized QB's. The idea that he held McNabb back is the dumbest folklore in Philly history.

To me, my fear is Bradford is what his stats and record says he is.

He's not. Besides ability, coaching is the most important thing to QB's. Talent is next. Some guys can overcome either poor coaching or poor surrounding talent. A small handful can overcome both.

Bradford is going to have elite coaching and very good talent. He'll thrive here.

However, standing in and taking a hit and throwing the ball on time to the target under adverse situations has been Bradford's issue in the NFL. If he clears that up, we'll be fine. If he's the same in that department than he was in STL, then we're wasting our time.

Nothing I've seen from watching Bradford's tape indicates this is his problem. I've watched everything I can on the guy and he had absolutely no problem standing in the pocket or delivering accurately. His problems seem to be the result of rarely having a pocket and guys not being able to catch his delivery.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 24 2015, 02:11 PM) *
Bradford is going to have elite coaching ...

With Kelly, yes. But none of us know how Day will be.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 24 2015, 02:11 PM) *
This should tell you more about Andy than anything else. Despite the ridiculous amount of hate the guy got, he maximized QB's. The idea that he held McNabb back is the dumbest folklore in Philly history.

I'm not sure anybody ever claimed that he 'held McNabb back', but he did him no favors by not drafting/getting/keeping any real receivers for any length of time. Knowing McNabb's weaknesses, it was clear to everybody else that we needed very good receivers to make it work. Never mind the fact that he underutilized Westy in the running game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jul 24 2015, 02:28 PM) *
I'm not sure anybody ever claimed that he 'held McNabb back', but he did him no favors by not drafting/getting/keeping any real receivers for any length of time. Knowing McNabb's weaknesses, it was clear to everybody else that we needed very good receivers to make it work. Never mind the fact that he underutilized Westy in the running game.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 24 2015, 04:31 PM) *
That's exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't think he held him back per se, but the lack of an effective play action game made it tougher on McNabb and the all-time highest pass-run ratio also posed difficulties where they need not be.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 24 2015, 06:05 PM) *
I don't think he held him back per se, but the lack of an effective play action game made it tougher on McNabb and the all-time highest pass-run ratio also posed difficulties where they need not be.

That was just as much Donovan's fault as Reid's. The r/p ratio was just as high during his short tenure in DC. Donovan's strengths/weaknesses necessitated it.

But I don't want to turn this into a Donnie thread. The point is that Andy and Chip both did a hell of a job with Foles. Bradford hasn't had anywhere near that quality of an experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.