Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting opinion about our lost OGs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
As part of a series for NJ Advance Media, Mark Eckel spoke with "one of the league's top executives" about the state of the Eagles' offensive line. In that piece, the executive doesn't seem to have an issue with the team jettisoning their long-time starters at guard:

"I don't know how much either one of them has left,'' the executive said of the 30-something guards. "Herremans had a nice career, but you look at the past few years he wasn't the same. Then, he got hurt last year.

"(Mathis), that's the craziest thing I ever saw. He either got the worst advice from an agent ever, or he made the dumbest mistake ever. You watch him last year? He's just a guy at this point. Why do you think he hasn't been signed?"
Zero
I saw that too. What happens will be interesting to see. I can't wait for the games! jumpclap.gif
Eyrie
Herremans going was fine, and the coaches obviously believe that one of Barbre etc can replace him.

Mathis and/or his agent wrote their own ticket out of here, but the coaches knew that there was a problem and failed to address the need to have an alternative.

We're now left hoping that two decent starters can be found from last year's reserves and the scrap heap. We might get one, but two would be a very long shot.
JeeQ
My opinion on this is we brought Tebow in because it's going to take a miracle from God to save this O-Line tongue.gif

"I don't always sign QBs with two torn ACLs, but when I do I make sure my O-Line isn't in place"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.