Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This week in Radio Wars
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
BirdsWinBaby
Tony Bruno left the show this week. Innes is alone until they get another co-host. details are plentiful and from multiple 'sources' depending on which news outlet you go to

Its crazy because they were winning the ratings battle against Mike Miss. apparently even Bruno couldnt stomach Innes' Howard Stern routine (despite his outgoing comments to the contrary)

i dont think i have ever seen this happen.

LINK
Reality Fan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jul 8 2015, 07:04 PM) *
Tony Bruno left the show this week. Innes is alone until they get another co-host. details are plentiful and from multiple 'sources' depending on which news outlet you go to

Its crazy because they were winning the ratings battle against Mike Miss. apparently even Bruno couldnt stomach Innes' Howard Stern routine (despite his outgoing comments to the contrary)

i dont think i have ever seen this happen.

LINK

I thought Bruno was quite clear that it was not Innes.......it sounded more like he was tired of the Missanelli fued.....and it sounds like he really was not into a regular radio gig anymore....my guess is he has some TV and Sat radio stuff lined up where he works less...

I don't like Innes at all but he is still better than Missanelli who always comes off as that cocky little smartass at a party who you want to kill.....just sayin...
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 8 2015, 09:20 PM) *
I thought Bruno was quite clear that it was not Innes.......it sounded more like he was tired of the Missanelli fued.....and it sounds like he really was not into a regular radio gig anymore....my guess is he has some TV and Sat radio stuff lined up where he works less...

I don't like Innes at all but he is still better than Missanelli who always comes off as that cocky little smartass at a party who you want to kill.....just sayin...

yea when he left 97.5 after doing their afternoon show he started doing a podcast (never heard it) that he says he enjoyed. word is he will go back to doing that in hopes of selling the rights and gaining a broader audience (and paycheck) through Sat radio.

The reason i dont buy the idea that he tired of feuding with Mike Miss for ratings is because the Innes/Bruno show was founded on that very idea. they chirped about the battle from the beginning. i guess its possible that it went overboard.....but Bruno isnt a newbie to the business. he at least knew it was possible, and given Innes' schtick, it was likely. He signed on anyway.

maybe they will bring Jody Mac off the graveyard shift to fill.....he has his fans no doubt but its a much older crowd
nephillymike
I can't believe Innes is winning the "radio war"

He blows.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 9 2015, 08:18 PM) *

He blows.

Innes will never admit it....and i dont understand it....but their ratings bump was due almost ENTIRELY to Bruno. Tony Brutal has a following in this town that never made sense to me

when MM and Bruno worked on the same station, the handoffs (Bruno's show ended as MM came on) would be epic. neither respected the other. it got so bad that they stopped doing it

if you loved Bruno and thought MM was awful then you FLOCKED to WIP to show support for your boy when they were literally vs each other.

Innes is universally hated for his Howard (Eskin/Stern) imitation. eskin had fans but hes gone....Innes days are numbered IMO
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 9 2015, 08:18 PM) *

He blows.

I agree but he is still better than that twerp Missanelli who once tried to explain to a black caller how the caller was not offended by Kelley because the caller did not understand why he should be offended.

The guy is completely garbage....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jul 9 2015, 07:54 AM) *
yea when he left 97.5 after doing their afternoon show he started doing a podcast (never heard it) that he says he enjoyed. word is he will go back to doing that in hopes of selling the rights and gaining a broader audience (and paycheck) through Sat radio.

The reason i dont buy the idea that he tired of feuding with Mike Miss for ratings is because the Innes/Bruno show was founded on that very idea. they chirped about the battle from the beginning. i guess its possible that it went overboard.....but Bruno isnt a newbie to the business. he at least knew it was possible, and given Innes' schtick, it was likely. He signed on anyway.

maybe they will bring Jody Mac off the graveyard shift to fill.....he has his fans no doubt but its a much older crowd

Missanlli's show started the feud....his insecurity came out but what is really funny is that MM is not 2nd to Innes....he is 4th.....he sucks....and should be choked like he did to an intern at WIP.

He is such a flippin punk and his sidekick is even worse.
BirdsWinBaby
im sorry about updates for those who dont care...i spend a ton of time driving so this kinda stuff interests me

MAC&MAC are BACK...for a while

Innes suddenly has a "prescheduled" vacation next week. as i said above, i heard him today on the radio with Jody Mac filling in. while Innes is away they will bring back Glenn Mac to reignite the old fire between the two. its what old guys love and its why WIP stays stale and stuck in the past IMO

full disclosure: i never liked Glenn Mac. i thought he was too hard on callers and very quickly dismissive and antagonistic. his commentary wasnt as bad as Innes or Bruno, and i could at least get through a whole show without turning him off, but if given a choice i would always choose the other option

Jody Mac im kinda back and forth. the old folks love stories about his dad who was a baseball exec or some such (cant remember) he didnt resonate with younger callers which is why they both got relegated to old timers radio slots. his laugh (heheheheheheheh...heeeeh heeeh) annoyed me but i always loved their "Jody Mac, do me a favor" segments.

to go back to a Mac&Mac show screams of desperation IMO. MM was getting his ass kicked in ratings, but Innes without Bruno isnt sustainable....it sounds like Tony Bruno, and WIP mgt knew where their bread was buttered. and so....

'Josh GTFO for a week while we find SOMEBODY who will keep your show alive.'

like i said, never saw anything like this before
BKRuger
Haven't listened to WIP in a while. Innes is a very talented radio figure, and I have no doubt his success as a young upstart outsider displacing longtime Philly veteran broadcasters has earned him everyone's ire. Whatever. Philly sports radio is a slightly classier version of listening to drunk Eagles fans yell at each other in the Linc parking lot over Vick or Reid.
Reality Fan
and the beat goes on....Missanelli writes an article in Philly mag where he can't help himself....."the average joe really doesn't understand how ratings work"

funny how how Philly.com wrote an article about the Phiily mag peice and found that Missanelli was still full of hot air.....how does anyone listen to this clown?.....I tried because I can't stand Innes and found Missanelli more annoying than ever......

He is already making excuses about WIPs success.....and lots of them.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 11 2015, 11:07 AM) *
and the beat goes on....Missanelli rites and article in Philly mag where he can't help himself....."the average joe really doesn't understand how ratings work"

funny how how Philly.com wrote an article about the Phiily mag peice and found that Missanelli was still full of hot air.....how does anyone listen to this clown?.....I tried because I can't stand Innes and found Missanelli more annoying than ever......

He is already making excuses about WIPs success.....and lots of them.

link?
nephillymike
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jul 10 2015, 09:30 PM) *
Haven't listened to WIP in a while. Innes is a very talented radio figure, and I have no doubt his success as a young upstart outsider displacing longtime Philly veteran broadcasters has earned him everyone's ire. Whatever. Philly sports radio is a slightly classier version of listening to drunk Eagles fans yell at each other in the Linc parking lot over Vick or Reid.

Sorry.

I just don't see Innes as talented at all.

And I am very open for a new voice on the sportstalk scene in Philly.

He brings nothing sports related to the airwaves IMO.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 11 2015, 04:54 PM) *
link?

sorry....forgot

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/07/10/j...ike-missanelli/
Joegrane
I don't like Innes at all but he is still better than Missanelli

I can't listen to more than 30 sec of Innes. In his former time slot, I'd turn off the radio when the other station was doing a game I was not interested in.

maybe they will bring Jody Mac off the graveyard shift to fill...

Jody is probably my all-time favorite.

...he has his fans no doubt but its a much older crowd

Serious sports fans, not people looking for a combo of sports and Howard Stern. I don't listen to Cataldi for the same reason, although I used to listen to some of the show when Cataldi was on vacation.

Yes, I'm old enough to remember Bill Campbell--fondly.

Innes will never admit it....and i dont understand it....but their ratings bump was due almost ENTIRELY to Bruno. Tony Brutal has a following in this town that never made sense to me

There seemed to be a good chemistry between them. I semi-like Bruno. Basically I like when he actually does sports, not reports on trips to Vegas, blah, blah, blah, baby.

Innes suddenly has a "prescheduled" vacation next week. as i said above, i heard him today on the radio with Jody Mac filling in. while Innes is away they will bring back Glenn Mac to reignite the old fire between the two. its what old guys love and its why WIP stays stale and stuck in the past IMO

They will be terrific. I can listen to Mikey Miss and side kick but will easily prefer Mac and Mac.

MAC&MAC are BACK...for a while

The problem for them is their strength is talking real sports, but the sports scene in Philly is dreadful in the Summer due to the hapless Phils.

Sorry. I just don't see Innes as talented at all.

Innes is like Howard Eskin. They both have plenty of talent but they both DESPERATELY need a good psychologist.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.