Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles defense better than offense?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
It seems the defense was middle of the pack, average but had some pretty glaring deficiencies. If adding Maxwell, Rowe and Thurmond can stop the secondary bleeding does that make them a top 10 defense?
Offensively, according to Football Outsiders, the Eagles scored 1.98 points per drive, which was good for 13th in the NFL.

Defensively, again according to Football Outsiders, the Eagles allowed 1.85 points per drive, which was 15th in the NFL.
Linc ...
Joegrane
If the front 4 can get more pressure than last year without blitzing and the LBs can sometimes cover a TE without S help, they'll be improved. Graham vs Cole and Kiko vs Matthews are the areas I'm most interested in. I think the secondary will still be suspect. Thurmond has much to prove. Opposing coordinators will be scheming to trick him into bad decisions.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 30 2015, 08:52 AM) *
It seems the defense was middle of the pack, average but had some pretty glaring deficiencies. If adding Maxwell, Rowe and Thurmond can stop the secondary bleeding does that make them a top 10 defense?
Linc ...

Zero
I'm really interested in seeing Graham play. Cole made the transition nicely considering he was a DE throughout college and for seven years in the NFL. They could have, and some think should have tried to sign a FA OLB this year, especially if they knew they'd release Cole. Instead, they signed the guy they know at one of the more critical defensive spots where he's expected to not only put pressure on the QB's blind side but cover the run and to drop with the TE. I guess they saw this rush DE show good progress in the transition to LB.

I can't wait until the games!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Jul 1 2015, 07:59 AM) *
I'm really interested in seeing Graham play. Cole made the transition nicely considering he was a DE throughout college and for seven years in the NFL. They could have, and some think should have tried to sign a FA OLB this year, especially if they knew they'd release Cole. Instead, they signed the guy they know at one of the more critical defensive spots where he's expected to not only put pressure on the QB's blind side but cover the run and to drop with the TE. I guess they saw this rush DE show good progress in the transition to LB.

I can't wait until the games!

Graham's coverage worries me a little but hopefully they know what he can do.
Eyrie
I'm less worried about Graham than I am the reliance on Smith to be the third OLB.
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 1 2015, 03:10 AM) *
If the front 4 can get more pressure than last year without blitzing and the LBs can sometimes cover a TE without S help, they'll be improved. Graham vs Cole and Kiko vs Matthews are the areas I'm most interested in. I think the secondary will still be suspect. Thurmond has much to prove. Opposing coordinators will be scheming to trick him into bad decisions.

Jesus, you're stupid.

First, Nerlens Noel "can't play the 4." Now we need more pressure from "the front 4?"

You realize of course we play a 3 man front, right?

The next thing you say around here that ISN'T stupid as shit, will be the first.

Keep tryin...

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jul 1 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Jesus, you're stupid.

First, Nerlens Noel "can't play the 4." Now we need more pressure from "the front 4?"

You realize of course we play a 3 man front, right?

The next thing you say around here that ISN'T stupid as shit, will be the first.

Keep tryin...

you forgot to mention "kiko vs. Matthews"....lol
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 1 2015, 09:20 PM) *

laugh.gif
Joegrane
Wow, you think Kiko won't out perform what Matthews, et al did last year?!

For new members who might be reading this, please don't think that that vast majority of our members are that pathetic.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jul 1 2015, 05:20 PM) *
Spock
Defense could be good.

But offense will be bad with the OL and shaky QB.

And HC is horrible.

6-10.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 2 2015, 12:03 PM) *
Defense could be good.

But offense will be bad with the OL and shaky QB.

And HC is horrible.

6-10.

We had a "bad" OL and shaky QB last year and won 10 games. Our OL will be no worse and our QB will be significantly better.

12 wins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.