Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Final Post.. [Edited by Facemask]
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
american_champion
What do you expect when you have an NFL board ran by liberal Europeans?.. The banning of Free Speech and Freedom of Religion.. I won't post here without my God Bless SIG.. I feel like the Jews in 1940's Germany.. I won't stand for it.. I'm sure if I proclaimed my love for [stupid comment removed], I'd be considered a hero.. So get rid of me and go back to your dead inactive board.. I only came here to report news and be a member of the community.. But since I see that Christians are being persecuted on this board.. I'll leave you disgusting liberal Americans and Europeans to roll in the slop together.. [edited]
xsv
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 28 2015, 11:53 AM) *
What do you expect when you have an NFL board ran by liberal Europeans?.. The banning of Free Speech and Freedom of Religion.. I won't post here without my God Bless SIG.. I feel like the Jews in 1940's Germany.. I won't stand for it.. I'm sure if I proclaimed my love for faggot sex, I'd be considered a hero.. So get rid of me and go back to your dead inactive board.. I only came here to report news and be a member of the community.. But since I see that Christians are being persecuted on this board.. I'll leave you disgusting liberal Americans and Europeans to roll in the slop together.. GOD BLESS!!

See ya.
Spock
Good bye posts are always the best.

"LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!'
xsv
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 28 2015, 12:00 PM) *
Good bye posts are always the best.

"LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!'

I guarantee he's check back at least 10 times to see the replies. I will count them up from his visits in the admin section, and post them here. he's got 2 visits already since he posted this, LOL.

What a joke this guy is/was.
nephillymike
IMO, the policy sticky posted by the admin above should make that persecution complex less of a reality.

Personally, I don't think ending an insulting post with "God Bless" is the best way to go and I suspect you knew that all too well.

It looks to me as if you wanted religion to be a big part of our football board and that isn't the intent.

Good luck.

=======================================================================

Hey X,

When's the last time we had an "I'm quitting the board post?"
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 28 2015, 01:52 PM) *

yea i dont get that....like is he implying that as punishment we wont have the pleasure of the posts we never wanted in the first place?

"son you have flunked out of college and, while i hate to do this....i will be buying you a new car....just keep in mind its your own fault!"
Zero

Used to be lots of fun reading the fake ones.

I agree that it's hypocritical to use the Lord's name while denigrating others.
Aquila
For context, american champion was explicitly advised that signing off with "god bless" was only inappropriate on the football forum and there would be no objection to him using it on G&G, which is the appropriate place to discuss religion. There is a thread there doing that just now which american champion has never posted in.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Aquila @ Jun 28 2015, 01:34 PM) *
For context, american champion was explicitly advised that signing off with "god bless" was only inappropriate on the football forum and there would be no objection to him using it on G&G, which is the appropriate place to discuss religion. There is a thread there doing that just now which american champion has never posted in.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Seems to me that if AC wanted to talk football and religion, he could have done so in the correct forum.
xsv
Hey X,

It's been awhile, that's for sure. I'm thinking it was probbly buddy's balls, or the 1979 guy. Maybe furious george.
CT_Eagle
I have to admit I am a bit concerned about the policy regarding not being able to write "God Bless" on a post. This is coming from someone who is not a religious person as evidenced by the lack of posts by me mentioning religion.

Whether or not such a post can be made in the G&G forum is irrelevant. This sets a bad precedent and stifles free speech. There are few things of a political\religious nature that will not illicit a negative reaction from someone. That does not mean that free speech should be eliminated or curtailed.

If I wanted to change my avatar to a gay pride flag would I be allowed to? I don't see a difference between that and writing "god bless" at the end of a post. Where does it end? It seems right now that if a majority of posters on this board objects, then my free speech could be eliminated or at a minimum stuffed into a corner so as not to offend. Isn't one of the principals of American democracy the protection of the minority from the majority?
BKRuger
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 04:01 PM) *
If I wanted to change my avatar to a gay pride flag would I be allowed to? I don't see a difference between that and writing "god bless" at the end of a post. Where does it end? It seems right now that if a majority of posters on this board objects, then my free speech could be eliminated or at a minimum stuffed into a corner so as not to offend. Isn't one of the principals of American democracy the protection of the minority from the majority?

One of the principles of the American constitutionally-limited representative democratic republic is the protection of minority rights. Democracy is purely mob rule, where 49% of people have to live by the will of 51%. The former has given way to the latter in past decades.

As for 'freedom of speech,' it's a private board apparently run by liberal admins. Watch what you say. tongue.gif
xsv
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jun 28 2015, 05:24 PM) *
One of the principles of the American constitutionally-limited representative democratic republic is the protection of minority rights. Democracy is purely mob rule, where 49% of people have to live by the will of 51%. The former has given way to the latter in past decades.

As for 'freedom of speech,' it's a private board apparently run by liberal admins. Watch what you say. tongue.gif

You can't have it both ways. Either people should be allowed to post memes of "Jesus Fucking Christ" and people can put God Bless in their signatures, or both have to be regulated.

My personal preference would be to allow both, but we saw how that situation played out and it wasn't pretty.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 28 2015, 10:43 PM) *
My personal preference would be to allow both, but we saw how that situation played out and it wasn't pretty.

Put me in the 'allow both" camp as well. Free speech, even when the topic personally offends, should be defended.
Aquila
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 10:01 PM) *
I have to admit I am a bit concerned about the policy regarding not being able to write "God Bless" on a post. This is coming from someone who is not a religious person as evidenced by the lack of posts by me mentioning religion.

Whether or not such a post can be made in the G&G forum is irrelevant. This sets a bad precedent and stifles free speech. There are few things of a political\religious nature that will not illicit a negative reaction from someone. That does not mean that free speech should be eliminated or curtailed.

It would be a restriction of free speech if "god bless" was banned entirely. The very existence of G&G means that we are providing a platform for free speech regarding matters of a religious or political nature and it is only fair that such topics are kept there.

The football forum is for discussing football.

QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jun 28 2015, 10:24 PM) *

As you say, this is a private board with rules tongue.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Aquila @ Jun 28 2015, 10:48 PM) *
It would be a restriction of free speech if "god bless" was banned entirely. The very existence of G&G means that we are providing a platform for free speech regarding matters of a religious or political nature and it is only fair that such topics are kept there.
As you say, this is a private board with rules tongue.gif

What you are describing is "restricted" speech, not "free" speech.

I think you are setting a bad precedent with restricting where "god bless" may be posted. I posed a question up-thread regarding the gay pride flag and I will repeat it. Would it be OK if I were to use the gay pride flag as my avatar? That would show in all forums and would be sure to offend some on this board.

My opinion is these types of references should be allowed. Neither case should cause anyone any issues even if they are personally offended. All adults should have thick enough skin to at least accommodate such minor references. After all these items that we are discussing are not full blown debates. The debates are what belong in the G&G forum.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 05:58 PM) *

I think you are setting a bad precedent with restricting where "god bless" may be posted. I posed a question up-thread regarding the gay pride flag and I will repeat it. Would it be OK if I were to use the gay pride flag as my avatar? That would show in all forums and would be sure to offend some on this board.

My opinion is these types of references should be allowed. Neither case should cause anyone any issues even if they are personally offended. All adults should have thick enough skin to at least accommodate such minor references. After all these items that we are discussing are not full blown debates. The debates are what belong in the G&G forum.

Would it be ok if I put the "Jesus Fucking Christ" meme as my avator? How do you think that minor reference would go over? I suspect not well.
Aquila
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 10:58 PM) *

The precedent was set when Wingheads was founded with separate football and G&G forums. There is no restriction, just appropriate locations and I can't put it more clearly than that.

A gay pride flag would not be a problem unless you intended it to be provocative, so I wouldn't recommend using that picture of Jesus fucking Christ.
xsv

You're not allowed to hold an organized protest against a company on private property. Isn't that restricted speech?

Businesses can refuse service to any patron who has an opposing political point of view, if they wish. Isn't that restricted speech?

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 28 2015, 11:14 PM) *
Would it be ok if I put the "Jesus Fucking Christ" meme as my avator? How do you think that minor reference would go over? I suspect not well.

It would be OK by me. I said as much a few posts up. I am sure some would be offended but if their Christian faith is challenged by an avatar of "Jesus Fucking Christ", that says more about their faith than anything else.

My point in all of this is that an image or tagline in a sig is just a minor "comment". Adults need to have the ability to interact with those with whom this disagree.

I stated in another thread that we should all strive for civility of rancor. However, that does not mean that I think someone's opinion should be stifled. That includes in society at large as well as a private message board.
Zero

CT, you've been around for a while and your presence and contributions are great. For one, I'm happy you post here.

JMO, but I think things were getting out of hand a bit and the Admin's decision to cut back on things that would normally be acceptable was a good one. If we all play it out and see where things go I suspect we'll find ourselves back to normal pretty quickly. Personally, I see this as a temporary peace compromise and not a heavy handed move.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 28 2015, 11:19 PM) *
You're not allowed to hold an organized protest against a company on private property. Isn't that restricted speech?

Businesses can refuse service to any patron who has an opposing political point of view, if they wish. Isn't that restricted speech?

Yes, it is restricted speech. What is your point? I am not challenging the right of the admins here to impose the restriction. I am questioning the wisdom in doing so.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 06:22 PM) *
It would be OK by me. I said as much a few posts up. I am sure some would be offended but if their Christian faith is challenged by an avatar of "Jesus Fucking Christ", that says more about their faith than anything else.

My point in all of this is that an image or tagline in a sig is just a minor "comment". Adults need to have the ability to interact with those with whom this disagree.

I stated in another thread that we should all strive for civility of rancor. However, that does not mean that I think someone's opinion should be stifled. That includes in society at large as well as a private message board.

I agree. Its just not practical to run a message board by that ideal because, in general, most people do not have the ability to interact with those that they disagree.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 06:24 PM) *
Yes, it is restricted speech. What is your point? I am not challenging the right of the admins here to impose the restriction. I am questioning the wisdom in doing so.

My point is that it's par for the course. People can't be adults and be civil about things, so we have to restrict things to keep it from turning into constant mud slinging in every thread (worse than it already is).
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 28 2015, 11:29 PM) *
My point is that it's par for the course. People can't be adults and be civil about things, so we have to restrict things to keep it from turning into constant mud slinging in every thread (worse than it already is).

So why not deal with the people who cannot be civil? It seems to me that if repeat offenders were banned the remaining posters would get the hint.

I ask this not knowing how much work that would be or the level of willingness of the admins to perform that work.

Edit to clarify:
I am not talking about banning the posters that have a tag, sig or avatar that may be offensive. I am talking about banning the posters that get in an uproar over such things.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 06:34 PM) *
So why not deal with the people who cannot be civil? It seems to me that if repeat offenders were banned the remaining posters would get the hint.

I ask this not knowing how much work that would be or the level of willingness of the admins to perform that work.

The number would be in the dozens.... and that's just people who can't be civil whne discussing *just football*.

Our banned list has a dozen or so of the worst offenders already.

And yeah, although I don't take part in the moderation here anymore (for the most part), it would cause a lot more work then just separating religion and politics from football. These two topics in particular are highly flammable. Leaving this stuff in the main forum would require a much more hands on approach than we've taken previously. We'd have to moderate every single thread, IMO.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 28 2015, 11:41 PM) *
The number would be in the dozens.... and that's just people who can't be civil whne discussing *just football*.

Our banned list has a dozen or so of the worst offenders already.

And yeah, although I don't take part in the moderation here anymore (for the most part), it would cause a lot more work then just separating religion and politics from football. These two topics in particular are highly flammable. Leaving this stuff in the main forum would require a much more hands on approach than we've taken previously. We'd have to moderate every single thread, IMO.

I can see where it would be a lot of work, especially with the presidential election starting up.

Can we have a pool on the first person to break the rules by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in the football forum?
biggrin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 06:48 PM) *
I can see where it would be a lot of work, especially with the presidential election starting up.

Can we have a pool on the first person to break the rules by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in the football forum?
biggrin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's a fine line to walk, either way. Again, I agree.
Pila
How often I commit blasphemy is my prerogative - the loyal faithful need only to concern themselves with how often they blaspheme. We get into these debates only because the faithful lack the tolerance to allow others to sin freely without their approval.

I, and I alone, posted an image of Jesus fucking Christ. The sin is mine alone to bear. The rest of you can remain secure that you bear no guilt merely because you saw it. The pearly gates remain open for you. Please carry on.
Christian_Cat
What did I miss here?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 28 2015, 10:53 AM) *
What do you expect when you have an NFL board ran by liberal Europeans?.. The banning of Free Speech and Freedom of Religion.. I won't post here without my God Bless SIG.. I feel like the Jews in 1940's Germany.. I won't stand for it.. I'm sure if I proclaimed my love for [stupid comment removed], I'd be considered a hero.. So get rid of me and go back to your dead inactive board.. I only came here to report news and be a member of the community.. But since I see that Christians are being persecuted on this board.. I'll leave you disgusting liberal Americans and Europeans to roll in the slop together.. [edited]

Only 62 posts too late.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 29 2015, 04:43 PM) *
Only 62 posts too late.

tongue.gif
Joegrane
The anti-religion crowd is awfully thin-skinned, especially for fans of tough football players. Wimps would probably be more accurate.

QUOTE (Aquila @ Jun 28 2015, 02:34 PM) *
For context, american champion was explicitly advised that signing off with "god bless" was only inappropriate on the football forum...

nephillymike
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jun 28 2015, 04:58 PM) *

It's no different than if I put a political post on the football forum and the admins moved that to G & G.

Is my "freedom of speech" regulated on the football forum? Yes, but this board is set up to talk certain topics on G& G and football topics on the football forum. The fact that I have the freedom to talk politics on G&G means my freedom of speech, on this board as a whole, is not restricted.

No biggie to me. I think the admins got it right.

Reality Fan
apparently I missed all the hoopla but if he posted about football and signed off at the end "god bless" then I have to agree it is silly...

Now if he was posting religious contant in the football forum then I completely understand...

Was someone offended that he ended football posts with "god bless"?

That would be pretty silly

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 29 2015, 07:11 PM) *
apparently I missed all the hoopla but if he posted about football and signed off at the end "god bless" then I have to agree it is silly...

Now if he was posting religious contant in the football forum then I completely understand...

A bunch of obnoxious Tebowheads flooded the board with Tebow and Christianity. Things got messy. The admins asked that people refrain from any religious stuff on the Eagles board (move it to G&G) - this newbie, in his normal obnoxious ways, couldn't respect the request.

Now he's posting to tell a bunch of people who don't give a shit about him that he's leaving.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 29 2015, 07:11 PM) *

Lucky you.

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=78003
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 29 2015, 08:11 PM) *

Some fans of Tebow decided to cheer for the Eagles (as long as he was on the roster). This offended a great number of board members so the torches came out. The Tebow fans didn't back down and eventually found themselves on the outside looking in.

Basically it was a case of the newbies not knowing their place, and the old guard decided to put them in check. So the admin forced the hand. There is now more activity in G&G than there has been in the past 2 years....and there you have it.
nephillymike
Speaking of Torches....................................

You got them ready RF??

It's been a long drought since a playoff win.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 29 2015, 09:38 PM) *
Speaking of Torches....................................

You got them ready RF??

It's been a long drought since a playoff win.

I am actually pretty excited about this season.

Going to be very interesting to see this attack with 2 very good RBs.....the WR will be serviceable or better and my guess is that the D will get longer rest with a sizable uptick in running the ball. Should be fun to watch. The defense should be pretty good this year. Interesting to see the impact of the new secondary coach.
D Rock
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 28 2015, 03:53 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Persecution complex, much?

Don't let the door hit you on the ass. Ciao'!
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 29 2015, 11:12 PM) *
The anti-religion crowd is awfully thin-skinned, especially for fans of tough football players. Wimps would probably be more accurate.

Lookie here, another case of projection. It's you holy rollers that are the thin skinned around here. Evidence? Do I need to link the outrage over Jesus Fucking Christ? Or perhaps the first post in this very thread?

You all cry about being persecuted because we don't want your hypocritical jesus crap on our football board, then author hilarious "I'm taking my ball and going home" posts while waving your finger at us as "thin skinned?"

I suppose when one's entire belief system is a logical fallacy, it's difficult to engage logic on ANY level, but even this is too much. You're fucking hilarious!!!

laugh.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 30 2015, 11:23 PM) *
Lookie here, another case of projection. It's you holy rollers that are the thin skinned around here.

Seems to me that both sides are pretty thin-skinned in this.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Jul 1 2015, 04:51 AM) *
Seems to me that both sides are pretty thin-skinned in this.

It like the Crips vs bloods. Neither side is meeting each other halfway. Thus the fighting just goes back and forth.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jul 1 2015, 11:16 AM) *
It like the Crips vs bloods. Neither side is meeting each other halfway. Thus the fighting just goes back and forth.

Totally man. It's almost like a bunch of new posters were asked to not flood the board with Tebow hero worship and instead, they doubled down and started trying to teach us about the house rules of posting here. Gosh, if only there was a middle ground.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 1 2015, 09:23 AM) *
Totally man. It's almost like a bunch of new posters were asked to not flood the board with Tebow hero worship and instead, they doubled down and started trying to teach us about the house rules of posting here. Gosh, if only there was a middle ground.

Which you provided no middle ground. But you did provide plenty of hate, intolerance, and insults.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Jun 29 2015, 08:11 PM) *
apparently I missed all the hoopla

Hoopla? Hoopla?

There's a war going on here between the christians and atheists.

The way I see it, it is a tie game, 10 - 10, with plenty of time left on the clock.

Unless you ask one of the christians, of course rolleyes.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jul 1 2015, 11:30 AM) *
Which you provided no middle ground. But you did provide plenty of hate, intolerance, and insults.

The middle ground was you posting less about Tebow. And you were extremely annoying to boot.

Frankly, you never made any real effort to be a member of this community. You stuck by your guns that you were going to post about Tebow constantly and you didn't care what anyone thought. Then, you tried to preach to posters who are much nicer than me about the house rules.

You were annoying from day one and never made any effort to mitigate that. So make like your boy and pretend to leave.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jul 1 2015, 09:51 AM) *
The middle ground was you posting less about Tebow. And you were extremely annoying to boot.

Frankly, you never made any real effort to be a member of this community. You stuck by your guns that you were going to post about Tebow constantly and you didn't care what anyone thought. Then, you tried to preach to posters who are much nicer than me about the house rules.

You were annoying from day one and never made any effort to mitigate that. So make like your boy and pretend to leave.

When did I say I was leaving? When did I pretend to leave?

I am still staying here. There are still a few nice people on this board.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jul 1 2015, 11:53 AM) *
When did I say I was leaving? When did I pretend to leave?

eh, I was talking about your fellow Tebow soldier who started this thread.

I am still staying here. There are still a few nice people on this board.

That's fine by me. The next valuable thing you add to this board will be your first.

The worst part is that you think your schtick is clever. It takes a simple google search to come across this...

From a Tim Tebow Fans forum:

Minus Christian_Cat... he is trouble at every forum! LOL The other person I do not know... but Christian_Cat has been banned at just about every forum out there! LOL Including this one and my other.

Other people may tolerate your act, but I find you annoying. Stick around or don't, but if you continue to be annoying, I'll continue to treat you like the troll that you are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.