Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sandberg
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
I can't say that Sandberg isn't a good manager but he sure isn't cut out for the job that he took when we hired him. I have no idea what the situation with management is or the situation with how the veterans respond to him but, could it be SO BAD that Sandberg couldn't work 3 more months until the season ends? Seems a little bit of a wuss move to me by Ryno. I do agree that Amaro needs to go also but regardless Sandberg sort of looks like a quitter by bailing out in June.

What is the word locally?
mcnabbulous
I'd think we can say he was a bad manager.

It doesn't bode well that a guy who played his entire career with the Cubs couldn't handle this level of losing. Sheesh, what a mess.
Zero
I read that he saw the writing on the wall and made a decision before it could be made for him. Andy MacPhail is supposed to come in and do some house cleaning and reorganization.
nephillymike
I thought I heard that McPhail passed him over in Chicago and the thinking is that he knew he was out anyway. I was listening in and out at work today so I'm not positive of that but that's what it sounded like.

I did hear that the Ryan Howard went to Armaro when he was benched and Amaro went to Sandberg and told him to play him. (Eskin was the source)

There was very little reaction to his resignation here. More talk of the Sixers believe it or not.

Personally, I don't care much about it. True, he could have stayed, but it wouldn't have mattered. I was really disappointed in him as manager. The fundamentals didn't improve and he didn't seem to know how to use a bullpen. If you have a good manager in a bad spot, you see glimpses of hope or improvement. I saw nothing of that.

JaxEagle
I agree with all of that. You'd think as a Cub he would understand patience. There was more Sixers attention than Sandberg. I guess it just seems disappointing that a guy that appeared to have great makings to lead us back was such a disappointment.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jun 28 2015, 02:16 PM) *
I agree with all of that. You'd think as a Cub he would understand patience. There was more Sixers attention than Sandberg. I guess it just seems disappointing that a guy that appeared to have great makings to lead us back was such a disappointment.

Yes, he appeared to have it and it was disappointing.
BKRuger
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jun 27 2015, 08:35 AM) *
I can't say that Sandberg isn't a good manager but he sure isn't cut out for the job that he took when we hired him. I have no idea what the situation with management is or the situation with how the veterans respond to him but, could it be SO BAD that Sandberg couldn't work 3 more months until the season ends? Seems a little bit of a wuss move to me by Ryno. I do agree that Amaro needs to go also but regardless Sandberg sort of looks like a quitter by bailing out in June.

He was a pretty bad manager. He also rightly knew that nothing was ever going to change until Ruben is gone, and it doesn't seem like that nightmare will ever end. If you were to ask me which of the 4 Phila. teams was closest to winning a championship, without hesitation I'd say the Sixers. No shit.
Zero
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jun 28 2015, 05:15 PM) *
If you were to ask me which of the 4 Phila. teams was closest to winning a championship, without hesitation I'd say the Sixers. No shit.

I'd guess the 6ers have at least another three years and likely another five before they are serious contenders. I think the Eagles are closer to two to three and I wouldn't be surprised to see them contend this year.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (BKRuger @ Jun 28 2015, 05:15 PM) *
He was a pretty bad manager. He also rightly knew that nothing was ever going to change until Ruben is gone, and it doesn't seem like that nightmare will ever end. If you were to ask me which of the 4 Phila. teams was closest to winning a championship, without hesitation I'd say the Sixers. No shit.

I've been saying that for two years now. Honestly though, it is close between the Eagles and Sixers. With the events of the last couple months I say slight advantage Eagles right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.