Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okafor, Russell, or trade down?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I'm hearing that teams are offering a truckload for our 3rd pick.

I like Okafor, but I'd honestly rather have Winslow, who I think is a more sure thing, although maybe not as high of a ceiling.

Trade down a few picks and pick up Winslow and another first next year, for a total of 5 (!!) first rounders next year sounds like a dram come true.
mcnabbulous
Okafor doesn't really seem to fit with the team they're building. His skillset is pretty unique these days though.

I kind of am in the Russell or bust mindset. I do like Winslow, but I'm not sure he has a great position fit in the NBA.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 25 2015, 12:13 PM) *
Okafor doesn't really seem to fit with the team they're building. His skillset is pretty unique these days though.

I kind of am in the Russell or bust mindset. I do like Winslow, but I'm not sure he has a great position fit in the NBA.

Winslow reminds me of Jordan at UNC.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 25 2015, 12:05 PM) *
Winslow reminds me of Jordan at UNC.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing UNC Jordan, but I don't think Winslow has that kind of athleticism to matchup with NBA twos. I think he's better equipped to defend threes, but his size will have issues there.

Overall, I think he has a chance to have a very long, solid NBA career. I just don't that I see superstar for those reasons. Love him as a college player though.
D Rock
I disagree. Okafor looks great up front with Noel in my opinion. A scoring big man playing next to a defensive big man is solid. I'm good with either him or Russell at 3.

Next year's draft is apparently not as talented (according to the talking heads). So trading down doesn't appeal to me unless we can stay top 10 THIS draft.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 25 2015, 01:27 PM) *
I disagree. Okafor looks great up front with Noel in my opinion.

I can appreciate this sentiment. Not sure Hinkie feels the same.

I personally love Okafor as a prospect. Can't believe he'd make it to #3.
D Rock
The lakers have a history of refusing to draft big men. The only outlier being Bynum. From Jabbar to Shaq to Gasol, they historically wait for a big man to prove he can take the NBA pounding and bring him in as a free agent or via trade. They've tended to use lottery picks on Guards. The strategy has worked for them for pretty much my entire life.

Local press reports they'll take Okafor, but history suggests they'll go guard (Russel). I wouldn't be surprised if they made a trade for Boogie Cousin's who George Karl has on the block.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 25 2015, 04:10 PM) *
The lakers have a history of refusing to draft big men. The only outlier being Bynum. From Jabbar to Shaq to Gasol, they historically wait for a big man to prove he can take the NBA pounding and bring him in as a free agent or via trade. They've tended to use lottery picks on Guards. The strategy has worked for them for pretty much my entire life.

Local press reports they'll take Okafor, but history suggests they'll go guard (Russel). I wouldn't be surprised if they made a trade for Boogie Cousin's who George Karl has on the block.

Yeah, I recall you saying such things a while back. Astute observation.

It's feeling more and more like it's going to be Russell to LAL. I'd be more than happy with a young big man with an offensive skillset that compares to Tim Duncan. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.