Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford's Injury
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The battle is not truly between Bradford and Mark Sanchez. It's between Bradford and his surgically repaired knee. Perhaps he'll be fine when training camp starts, but this offseason was a reminder that Bradford is entering uncharted territory. We haven't seen a starting quarterback attempt to play after successive ACL tears, and this recovery is taking longer than Bradford's first injury.

Consider that Carson Palmer, 35, is practicing without limitations before Bradford, despite suffering his ACL injury three months after Bradford. Sanchez has reportedly looked "substantially" better than he did a year ago in practices, which isn't a huge surprise in year two under Kelly. It would not be a surprise if the Eagles chose to bring Bradford back slowly and Sanchez started the season.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/06/...I3uIP4tWTHUj.99
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 22 2015, 08:06 PM) *
The battle is not truly between Bradford and Mark Sanchez. It's between Bradford and his surgically repaired knee. Perhaps he'll be fine when training camp starts, but this offseason was a reminder that Bradford is entering uncharted territory. We haven't seen a starting quarterback attempt to play after successive ACL tears, and this recovery is taking longer than Bradford's first injury.

Consider that Carson Palmer, 35, is practicing without limitations before Bradford, despite suffering his ACL injury three months after Bradford. Sanchez has reportedly looked "substantially" better than he did a year ago in practices, which isn't a huge surprise in year two under Kelly. It would not be a surprise if the Eagles chose to bring Bradford back slowly and Sanchez started the season.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/06/...I3uIP4tWTHUj.99

ok let me state that i am no way confident about Bradford's durability. im am kinda pessimistic honestly. i dont think it was a good signing

that being said....i dont really think you can compare Bradford and Palmer because of the situations

Palmer is coming off a 2nd knee surgery, but they were not back-to-back like Bradford. if his knee was great before it got smashed again, Palmer is way more likely (having played well on a repaired knee) to get right back in there with no delays. 'im good coach...lets do it!'

Bradford had the same fervor after his first surgery, but then it got smashed again. now i understand his reluctance to repeat that fervor after the 2nd surgery. he is ultra cautious and i can understand that

the other factor is age....Palmer is 35. while most look at that from the angle of how quickly a younger guy should heal vs. an older guy....to me its about their careers

Palmer is at/near the end of his career. when his knee hurts he knows how quickly he will be replaced so he runs the next play no matter what. this is it for him. there no more big paydays if he plays well. so if he goes hard at it and pushes himself too hard and goes out with a knee injury? he accepts what his career was and moves on

Bradford cannot be more opposite. he DID have back-to-back surgeries. making him a little cautious. he remembers coming back last time with no fear and getting his knee crushed again. more caution. now add in the age factor. Bradford is a young guy looking to prove himself and his health for his next mega-contract. if he goes down for any significant time this season it SEVERELY hurts his ability to command big dollars going forward. the Eagles are paying him big, but only one season. it would not be a stretch to assume that if Bradford proves AGAIN that he is nothing more than an injury waiting to happen, he stays here or goes to another team as a backup. GMs have to keep their jobs too and they wont risk big starter money on a guy who cant stay healthy

im not happy that this guy has to do this on my team...but i do understand
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.