Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About the OL ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
What does this mean?
38. In the past two years, the Eagles averaged 3.28 yards before contact per rush, most in the league during that span.

39. Last season, the Bills averaged 1.97 yards before contact per rush, 28th in the league.

53. Last season, the Dallas offensive line averaged 2.8 yards before contact per rush. That was 10th best in the league.

54. Last season, the Eagles, with a constantly changing offensive line, averaged 2.9 yards before contact per rush. That was seventh-best in the NFL.
Here ...
GroundedBird
just looking at your points two things jump out.

We should have a good running game.

Shady may not have a good year statistically.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 22 2015, 05:16 AM) *
What does this mean?
Here ...

I love J. Peters. How the hell that guy was an UDFA TE I'll never know.

But why quote PFF as a source saying how good he is (which is true), while in other places, down play how good Mathis was when he was rated by the same source (#1 OG in last three years, #2 last year.)

I like Lawlor. He writes good stuff. I just think you need to use both stats from PFF in an article about the OL or leave them both out. Don't cherry pick.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 22 2015, 06:16 AM) *
What does this mean?
Here ...

Varying running styles are likely involved in addition to the obvious issue of O Line. Shady avoids contact. Matthews seems to invite it against guys in the secondary.

If they counted yards horizontally the Eagles and Shady would have double the yards.

If they counted yards from running in circles Shady would have triple the yards : )

I expect the Eagles' numbers to go down this year with the one-cut RBs.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 22 2015, 11:58 PM) *
I love J. Peters. How the hell that guy was an UDFA TE I'll never know.

But why quote PFF as a source saying how good he is (which is true), while in other places, down play how good Mathis was when he was rated by the same source (#1 OG in last three years, #2 last year.)

I like Lawlor. He writes good stuff. I just think you need to use both stats from PFF in an article about the OL or leave them both out. Don't cherry pick.

Lawlor is a hack and a suck-up.
Pila
Weren't coaches really high on Barbre last year?

And wasn't Mathis a journey linesman much like Barbre is now before the Eagles made him into a star? I think barring injury, Barbre may very well be Mathis 2.0.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.