Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tebow Projected to make final 53 man roster
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
I think keeping 4 RB's wouldn't be a bad idea. Tucker isn't likely to make the practice squad so if a RB goes down, then we will need another good one so we can keep the rotation going.
american_champion
All of my sources close to the situation feel like Barkley is on the outside looking in.. An Eagles team employee mentioned to me that Chip is enthralled with TeBow's ability to run the read option.. Tim's leadership, work ethic and ability to throw the deep ball have also been commended.. God Bless.
Zero
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 22 2015, 03:46 PM) *
All of my sources close to the situation feel like Barkley is on the outside looking in.. An Eagles team employee mentioned to me that Chip is enthralled with TeBow's ability to run the read option.. Tim's leadership, work ethic and ability to throw the deep ball have also been commended.. God Bless.
Lots of people are enthralled with that possibility, but he needs to be a viable threat the throw the ball too. There's the dig.
american_champion
I agree.. Tim could sharpen his skills and continue to improve his accuracy.. As could Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers..

But the true 'dig' as you say.. Comes with Tim's ability to force defenses to play 11 on 11.. His downhill physical running causes this.. Ask defensive genius Dick LeBeau.. That's why the Broncos, led by Willis McGahee had the #1 rush attack in the NFL with TeBow.. This style takes its toll on defenses.. Hence TeBow Time at the end of games.. Imagine Murray and Matthews alongside TeBow in the backfield?..

Donovan McNabb was successful for the Philadelphia Eagles.. One of the main reasons was his TD to INT ratio.. He didn't turn the ball over.. Same with TeBow.. They throw dirt balls.. They throw sideline balls.. But they rarely threw picks..

Conversely, McNabb was also a bad clutch player.. He let his nerves get to him in the biggest moments.. And that's why he was never Super Bowl worthy..

TeBow has time and again risen to the occasion in the biggest moments.. When the light shines brightest.. And Chip knows this.. God Bless.

Joegrane
Donovan McNabb was successful for the Philadelphia Eagles.. One of the main reasons was his TD to INT ratio.. He didn't turn the ball over.. Same with TeBow.. They throw dirt balls.. .... But they rarely threw picks..

That was true about McNabb.

Conversely, McNabb was also a bad clutch player.. He let his nerves get to him in the biggest moments.. And that's why he was never Super Bowl worthy..

Earlier in his career he often made big plays to get the Birds a W. Often this was with his feet or with his ability to scramble out of trouble.

TeBow has time and again risen to the occasion in the biggest moments.. When the light shines brightest.. And Chip knows this.. God Bless.

There is something to say about a guy who tends to play well in big situations.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 21 2015, 12:54 PM) *

That author also thinks Markus Smith will be cut! I don't see it after he bulked up, with the already thin numbers at OLB and because it would make the organization look bad--err...worse.
Zero
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 22 2015, 09:14 PM) *
I agree.. Tim could sharpen his skills and continue to improve his accuracy.. As could Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers..

But the true 'dig' as you say.. Comes with Tim's ability to force defenses to play 11 on 11.. His downhill physical running causes this.. Ask defensive genius Dick LeBeau.. That's why the Broncos, led by Willis McGahee had the #1 rush attack in the NFL with TeBow.. This style takes its toll on defenses.. Hence TeBow Time at the end of games.. Imagine Murray and Matthews alongside TeBow in the backfield?..

I believe a QB needs to be a viable passer to win playoff games and pretty much the only importance of regular season games is to get the team to the playoffs.
JeeQ
Bye Bye Barkley... Please leave the league and never return
SAM I Am
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 22 2015, 03:46 PM) *

Your sources, ROTFLMAO.

The dude has been a bust since day one.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jun 25 2015, 12:58 AM) *
Your sources, ROTFLMAO.

The dude has been a bust since day one.

You need to be clearer about whether you're referring to Barkley or Tebow.

As Zero has said, teams need capable passers to do anything in this league and neither is reliable enough even on a good day. Fortunately we're discussing the third string QB here, so if we need to go that far into the depth chart we'll be screwed anyway.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 25 2015, 03:00 PM) *
You need to be clearer about whether you're referring to Barkley or Tebow.

This should clear it up, Tebow. No, wait a minute, make that Barkley. Better yet, let me just go with both.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jun 26 2015, 01:50 PM) *
This should clear it up, Tebow.

Hmmm ...

No, wait a minute, make that Barkley.

Ermmm ...

Better yet, let me just go with both.

Agreed.
JeeQ
Barkley Vs Tebow as an actual QB possibility for this team has turned me into the biggest Sam Bradford plan on the planet... I pray every day he stays healthy... in fact Tebow and Barkley should each give up one knee and donate it to Sam Bradford if they really want to be team players
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Jun 26 2015, 04:22 PM) *
Barkley Vs Tebow as an actual QB possibility for this team has turned me into the biggest Sam Bradford plan on the planet... I pray every day he stays healthy... in fact Tebow and Barkley should each give up one knee and donate it to Sam Bradford if they really want to be team players

Yup. These two have me even liking Sanchez as the backup.

I'd rather have two no names scrubs that were undrafted and second string in college on the team. Or GJ Kinne.
nephillymike
Methinks Barkley will be OK if forced into duty.

Let's see how he does in the preseason.

Tebow is another story. They say he just can't throw the ball well enough and you have to have repetitive accuracy.
Eyrie
When Kelly first came here people drooled over the thought of him having the mobile Vick under centre and ignored that what Kelly wanted was a QB who made good decisions and had the accuracy to keep the chains moving.

We've seen evidence of that when Vick lost the job to Foles and a similar situation at RB with McCoy being replace by Murray and Mathews.

Based on that, I can only conclude that Kelly regards the third string QB as an afterthought, and if we find ourselves having to start him then the run-pass ration will be 20-80.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.