Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sports Talk Rating Wars
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattiso...he-ratings.html

After Missianelli did everyone a favor and kicking the houseman of the airwave's ass and forcing him off the air, he has surprisingly fallen behind Bruno and Innes in a very short time

Now I haven't listened to Bruno and Innes show much, but hearing Innes on at 7PM previously, I thought he would be history shortly after hiring. He was always asking the audience why they didn't like him which would follow with callers ripping him mercilessly. He seemed very insecure and not long for this city. When they teamed him up with Bruno to go against Mikey Miss, I thought they were camp fodder. I love Bruno's hate for Dallas and he is occasionally funny but other than that, I didn't think he would raise the audience. I guess I need to tune in to see what is going on.

Does anyone listen to Bruno and Innes? If you do, why do you think they are better?

I normally listen to the last hour of Missianelli and the first hour of Decamra every night and I find it good listening.

What's up?

Anyone?
american_champion
Cataldi in the mornings is always great.. Innes and Bruno are hilarious and way more entertaining IMO than Missanelli.. Gluttonous Innes always has a chip on his shoulder.. God Bless
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 20 2015, 11:22 PM) *

After Missianelli did everyone a favor and kicking the houseman of the airwave's ass and forcing him off the air, he has surprisingly fallen behind Bruno and Innes in a very short time

Now I haven't listened to Bruno and Innes show much, but hearing Innes on at 7PM previously, I thought he would be history shortly after hiring. He was always asking the audience why they didn't like him which would follow with callers ripping him mercilessly. He seemed very insecure and not long for this city. When they teamed him up with Bruno to go against Mikey Miss, I thought they were camp fodder. I love Bruno's hate for Dallas and he is occasionally funny but other than that, I didn't think he would raise the audience. I guess I need to tune in to see what is going on.

Does anyone listen to Bruno and Innes? If you do, why do you think they are better?

I normally listen to the last hour of Missianelli and the first hour of Decamra every night and I find it good listening.

What's up?

Anyone?

people want to check out a new thing...innes and Bruno are that. the problem comes in after you listen for a while and Innes starts screaming at people that they are ____. like Eskin used to do. Tony Brutal has a following no doubt, but it isnt large enough to support a show long term (its why he moves from podcasts to public radio so much)....new people come in and dont warm to his Schtick that he cannot abandon because its taken him 20yrs to perfect. then the ratings suffer

meanwhile Mike Miss will continue to do what he does.....he will maintain his base, and piss off some. but between Brutal and MM most will choose MM, and NOBODY will choose Innes. even new people who hate MM will realize that Innes(new guy Eskin) and Brutal(old guy routine) arent as entertaining and go back to begrudgingly accepting MM's show as better to listen to day after day

ratings = sprint vs marathon
Zero
I can't take Bruno and Innis. They're better than Cataldi but tough to listen to nonetheless. IMO, sportstalk took a dive after Cataldi took over from Brookie. Schtick over substance. Cuz has his faults but remains my favorite followed by Miss.
nephillymike
I would think that 97.5 with Cuz and now Ellis coming over will run away with the ratings.

I guess Bruno and Innes must be doing something right.

Z, if you get a chance, pick up Gargano's book called "A Sunday Pilgrimage". Read it a few weeks ago.

A great read about our SB team. What else you have to do until August 2nd??

FWIW, I also read J. Grisham's book the Racketeer. A very good read.

And this is from someone who reads about a book a year.
Zero
I like Grisham. Haven't read that one yet. I normally don't read sports books but I've heard Gargano did a good job on that. I'll try it ... "we're going!" biggrin.gif

Try American Sniper. The book was enlightening in many respects. The movie was good but I always prefer the book.

And give Blueberry Blonde by Big Muddy Brewery a try. BTW, you should try beer shopping in NJ, it's less expensive.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 21 2015, 10:21 AM) *
I like Grisham. Haven't read that one yet. I normally don't read sports books but I've heard Gargano did a good job on that. I'll try it ... "we're going!" biggrin.gif

Try American Sniper. The book was enlightening in many respects. The movie was good but I always prefer the book.

And give Blueberry Blonde by Big Muddy Brewery a try. BTW, you should try beer shopping in NJ, it's less expensive.

Ever read Playing for Pizza?
Eyrie
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Jun 21 2015, 07:05 PM) *

The only Grisham I've ever read. Got it from a girlfriend who found it in a second hand store.
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Jun 21 2015, 01:05 PM) *

No, any good?

Is it Grisham?

What's it about?
eagleaddict
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 21 2015, 05:10 PM) *
No, any good?

Is it Grisham?

What's it about?

It's about a 3rd string QB who gets sent to italy to play American football, where he's the only pro. His teammates are average joes working 9-5 but have a passion for the game. It's also like a coming of age book as he matures through the process. Would make a great movie. I think it's grishams only non-courtroom book.
Joegrane
I agree with you but Bruno and Innes seem to connect well with each other in a strange way. I still never listen to them more than a couple of minutes. It used to be painful to listen to Innes when he was solo but at times there was a game on the other station. I often preferred silence to Innes solo.
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 20 2015, 11:22 PM) *

What's up?

Anyone?
Zero
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Jun 21 2015, 02:05 PM) *

No, haven't read him for a few years. Is it recent?
eagleaddict
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 21 2015, 08:41 PM) *
No, haven't read him for a few years. Is it recent?

I read it over 7 years ago
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.