Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mathews
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Just a glimpse at the Eagles #2 RB:
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 21 2015, 12:12 AM) *
Just a glimpse at the Eagles #2 RB:

It was disturbing seeing the Eagles defense on so many of those highlight reels. On the other hand, it was comforting to see many of the defenses we face this season on it as well. May he extend his reel a thousand fold.
Joegrane
Matthews apparently likes to finish with strong contact against defenders in the secondary much like a TE would do.

I thought the Eagles would be fine settling for Matthews, Sproles and Polk behind the veteran O Line. We'll see how the big name backs do behind a less experienced line.
Eyrie
I'm looking forward to seeing how Kelly uses the running backs.

My hope is that Murray gets a couple of series, then sits out with Mathews getting a full series before returning. That would keep both fresh and allow them to get into a rhythm whilst tiring out the defence who won't get any respite from the physicality.

All depends on our OL opening holes though, since both are north-south and not in McCoy's class when it comes to making guys miss in a phone booth*.

*Or Colin Farrell's class for that matter biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 21 2015, 03:53 AM) *
I'm looking forward to seeing how Kelly uses the running backs.

My hope is that Murray gets a couple of series, then sits out with Mathews getting a full series before returning. That would keep both fresh and allow them to get into a rhythm whilst tiring out the defence who won't get any respite from the physicality.

All depends on our OL opening holes though, since both are north-south and not in McCoy's class when it comes to making guys miss in a phone booth*.

*Or Colin Farrell's class for that matter biggrin.gif

One day a guy is a little too enthusiastic in a movie review and people never forget!!

I think Mathis and McCoy were good blocking and running in that 2nd level. There talents there will be missed IMO. If our new RB's can reduce the loss runs and our new OL can be more of a powerful short distance unit, then maybe the dip in second level success will be acceptable and the trade off beneficial.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.