Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Sign Guard/Center Jared Wheeler
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
american_champion
24 yrs old.. 6'5.. Bigger than Mathis.. Mean streak player.. Another steal for Chip.. Get guys that will compete knowing that there are two starting spots on the o line available.. This guy has addressed every spot of our football team for the good since December.. This off season will always be remembered when we are carrying Lombardi trophies through the city.. God Bless.

nephillymike
Huh?

Nobody wanted him in the draft in 2014. He signed as an UDFA.

Played in some preseason games.

Didn't make the team.

Didn't make the practice squad.

Signed with SEA in the offseason.

Was released by them around the draft.

His in is that he knows Stoutland.

Maybe he'll make an impact.

His path of not even making the practice squad to being an NFL contributor is very rare.
american_champion
I know Wheeler's shoddy history.. But the potential is still there.. That's why Seattle gave him a look.. But the point is that 4 or 5 guys competing for two spots is better than old, injury prone , baby lineman like Mathis and Herremans.. Complacency kills.. And that surely will not exist on the team this season.. God Bless.
nephillymike
And this:

Wheeler didnít develop into the kind of players Miami hoped, but became a good backup and eventually started some as a Senior.

Eventually started some games as a senior.

Ouch.

His odds just got a little longer.
Joegrane
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 15 2015, 08:49 PM) *
24 yrs old.. 6'5.. Bigger than Mathis.. Mean streak player.. Another steal for Chip.. Get guys that will compete knowing that there are two starting spots on the o line available.. This guy has addressed every spot of our football team for the good since December.. This off season will always be remembered when we are carrying Lombardi trophies through the city.. God Bless.

I think this is just a guy filling a roster spot and getting an opportunity to show the coaches something.

I bet it is more likely they'll pick up a veteran OG after final preseason cuts.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 16 2015, 04:24 AM) *
I think this is just a guy filling a roster spot and getting an opportunity to show the coaches something.

I bet it is more likely they'll pick up a veteran OG after final preseason cuts.

Agreed.

Until proven otherwise, Wheeler is a camp body. We can wish him well but no-one on here would bet their mortgage on him being a starter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.