Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How does Chip answer this question?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
At his presser this Tuesday how does Chip answer this question:

"Chip, if Mathis came to all of the OTA's, is it likely he would still be an Eagle today?"
mcnabbulous
He won't comment on it
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 13 2015, 05:02 PM) *
He won't comment on it

Why not?
mcnabbulous
Cause Mathis isn't on the roster
D Rock
"I don't get into hypotheticals."
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 13 2015, 05:55 PM) *
At his presser this Tuesday how does Chip answer this question:

"Chip, if Mathis came to all of the OTA's, is it likely he would still be an Eagle today?"

I'm giving Chip this year to prove to everyone that he knows what he's doing. All the questionable stuff he's done will shake out one way or the other. He's breaking the mold and we need to find out if that's good or just plain stupid. IMO, it's of no use to question at this point.
nephillymike
What does Chip have to do for you Z to prove that he knows what he's doing?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 13 2015, 07:18 PM) *
What does Chip have to do for you Z to prove that he knows what he's doing?

I'd say win a playoff game this year. It's easy to criticise most everything he's done this offseason, but all analysis is worthless until we see what actually comes of the moves.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 13 2015, 07:17 PM) *
I'd say win a playoff game this year. It's easy to criticise most everything he's done this offseason, but all analysis is worthless until we see what actually comes of the moves.

OK that's fair.

See where I think Chip gets away with it is if he does that, but the moves cost us form winning two playoff games. No way to tell I guess, unless it is a blatant malpractice situation like having Fletcher cover Dez one on one.

I think that most everyone here who is OK with the moves Chip has made this year, would be perfectly willing to be OK with it in a 10-6 non playoffs season or a 11-5 lose their only playoff game scenario. If we happen to get on OL or WR injury, that will be an excuse, but never to think about the fact that our own moves created the risk of that being a risk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.