Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip Should Take A Shot On Jake Long..
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
american_champion
Jake's had 2 ACL tears in a row. However, he was also a former #1 overall pick....and we need at least depth on the OL, but could use a starter. He can play either guard or tackle. He's only 29. I'd like him to earn a spot replacing Mathis at LG.. Guard may protect his ACL more than tackle.. God Bless.

Eyrie
I always think of him as a T and wasn't aware he had any experience at G.

Could be worth a look but I'm always wary as to why someone is still available at this stage of the off-season.
nd9kel
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 12 2015, 01:05 PM) *

Could be worth a look but I'm always wary as to why someone is still available at this stage of the off-season.

He was totally exposed at St. Louis. Let's just say I don't think Sam would be cheered by news that Long would become an Eagle.
Joegrane
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Jun 12 2015, 03:44 PM) *
He was totally exposed at St. Louis. Let's just say I don't think Sam would be cheered by news that Long would become an Eagle.

Didn't Mathis come to the Eagles in a similar situation, cut by a team after preseason, rather than during typical FA signing period?

The Birds not only need a starter but also an additional backup. Maybe having a veteran in the mix would be good. Maybe Chip's nutrition and conditioning can rejuvenate someone.

Yes I'm desperate to patch the OLine, maybe irrationally so. : (
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 13 2015, 12:12 AM) *
Didn't Mathis come to the Eagles in a similar situation, cut by a team after preseason, rather than during typical FA signing period?

The Birds not only need a starter but also an additional backup. Maybe having a veteran in the mix would be good. Maybe Chip's nutrition and conditioning can rejuvenate someone.

Yes I'm desperate to patch the OLine, maybe irrationally so. : (

It's utterly irrational because we don't need an OL to keep our QB healthy and give him time to throw and we don't need an OL to open lanes for our running game.

It appears from the resources committed to the OL that all Kelly needs is five speed bumps to slow the defence just long enough for the skill players to make soenthing happen.

I'm worried my signature is becoming prophetic.
american_champion
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 12 2015, 02:05 PM) *

I agree.. And he doesn't have experience at guard.. But I think it would be worth a shot at the veteran minimum.. Put a 6'7 monster with a lot of talent beside Peters.. And it may save what's left of his legs, not having edge rush responsibility.. If it doesn't work, cut him.. God Bless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.