Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weinberg: Tim Tebow deserves a spot on Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
No he shouldn't, based on his play so far.

The observers I heard opine say that Barkley has a huge lead.

Some of Tebow's throws have been butt ugly.

I want to see how he does in the preseason games. He's a better game player.

But in this league, you need to be able to throw the ball accurately.
D Rock
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The Atlantic City Press? Weinberger? 23 years with that rag?

I'll value that opinion almost as highly as yours.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 10 2015, 08:42 PM) *

If Barkley's play continues to be improved, I can see Chip keeping him, maybe hoping to get a pick in a trade for him.

Tebow is not likely to be picked up elsewhere so Chip could take the chance of releasing him. If Chip gets a decent offer for Barkley, he is likely to still have Tebow available.

Another option is to keep Barkley this year while the Eagles see if Bradford's health will hold up and if he will resign at the end of the year.

I don't see Chip spending the extra $ on Barkley to resign him at the end of the year unless he is projected as the #2 QB.

If Bradford works out this year and resigns, do the eagles try to find a sign n trade partner for Sanchez with his improved arm strength? Barkley would then be resigned to be the #2. Maybe Tebow would become the #3.
Eyrie
I'd be surprised if we could get anything for Barkley. He's shown nothing to date in the NFL to merit more than a half-empty bucket of stale Gatorade.

There is a logic though to keeping him for this year to see if he can be a serviceable back up, in which case he can be offered a new deal next spring and Sanchez would be surplus to requirements.

If Barkley doesn't improve dramatically, then we take a mid round pick next year to be the #3 and then replace Sanchez in 2017.

Or if Bradford is the second coming of McMahan/Hoying/Goebel then we can take a new QB with our #1. That's the nightmare scenario, because it means we'd still be looking for a franchise QB.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 11 2015, 12:03 PM) *
If Barkley's play continues to be improved, I can see Chip keeping him, maybe hoping to get a pick in a trade for him.

Tebow is not likely to be picked up elsewhere so Chip could take the chance of releasing him. If Chip gets a decent offer for Barkley, he is likely to still have Tebow available.

Another option is to keep Barkley this year while the Eagles see if Bradford's health will hold up and if he will resign at the end of the year.

I don't see Chip spending the extra $ on Barkley to resign him at the end of the year unless he is projected as the #2 QB.

If Bradford works out this year and resigns, do the eagles try to find a sign n trade partner for Sanchez with his improved arm strength? Barkley would then be resigned to be the #2. Maybe Tebow would become the #3.
Unless Barkley really lights it up in preseason games I don't see anyone giving up any more than a 10th rounder in 2035 for him. Unless Tebow really surprises, I think Barkley is still #3 in 2015.
american_champion
I know Chip Kelly and how he thinks.. Barring injury, Tim TeBow will very well be on the 53 man roster.. To the delight of millions of fans who love seeing good people do well.. Plus, Tim is 15th in the lg. in jersey sales.. The right move on the field, off the field and for the bottom line.. God Bless.

Eyrie
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 11 2015, 10:25 PM) *
I know Chip Kelly and how he thinks.. Barring injury, Tim TeBow will very well be on the 53 man roster.. To the delight of millions of fans who love seeing good people do well.. Plus, Tim is 15th in the lg. in jersey sales.. The right move on the field, off the field and for the bottom line.. God Bless.

This is football. It doesn't matter if Tebow is on a par with Mandela, what counts is whether he can play QB. All the evidence before his two year exile states that he can't.

You need to accept that Tebow being given yet another chance is a nice story for the offseason but irrelevant for when the season starts.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 11 2015, 04:25 PM) *
I know Chip Kelly and how he thinks.

Oh shit! Chip Kelly is racist.
Joegrane
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 11 2015, 06:43 PM) *
Oh shit! Chip Kelly is racist.

Yep, he cuts all the good white players.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.