Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sconces Rips His Former Team and Coaches
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/06/...got-outcoached/

He talks about the playoff game and says the coaches didn't get it done.

So Leon, did your horse collar tackle penalty on Sproles in that playoff game have anything to do with you and the team losing that game or was it others fault?

"Leon can't do everything"

Really. Someone should get this clown a mirror. He would be shocked to see how much he SUCKS.

Sooo glad this guy ain't here anymore.
Zero
Yep.
Eyrie
Williams is right. The Eagles spent too long on conditioning and game preparation when they could have been doing something more valuable like shopping for interior decorations.
SAM I Am
Okay. I'll play devil's advocate.

On second thought, nah, he sucked.
koolaidluke
people are latching on to his critique of Chip's conditioning but ignoring that he said that Chip was a great coach.

I never really liked Cary, not because of his mouth but because I didn't think he was very good. I think he might do a little better in a system like Seattle's.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jun 11 2015, 08:18 AM) *
people are latching on to his critique of Chip's conditioning but ignoring that he said that Chip was a great coach.

I never really liked Cary, not because of his mouth but because I didn't think he was very good. I think he might do a little better in a system like Seattle's.

The mouth I didn't like, but I could live with it. He did make "some" plays, but made up for those with killer penalties. The bottom line for me is that he was totally inconsistent.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Jun 11 2015, 05:48 PM) *
The mouth I didn't like, but I could live with it. He did make "some" plays, but made up for those with killer penalties. The bottom line for me is that he was totally inconsistent.

I said at the time that if Williams had Fletcher's attitude and Fletcher had Williams' talent, then we'd be set at CB.

Unfortunately Fletcher's best wasn't good enough and Williams' "good enough" wasn't either.
Zero
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Jun 11 2015, 08:18 AM) *
He also said Chip got out coached by good coaches.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 11 2015, 05:18 PM) *
He also said Chip got out coached by good coaches.

But it was in the context of his complaints about Chip's conditioning, something that he has repeatedly made clear he obsessively hates. Cary isn't particularly articulate and what he was trying to say was that Chip's conditioning wore the Eagles down the the point where they weren't able to compete against other elite teams.

I thought it was pretty obvious from Cary's statement that he has a lot of respect for Chip and thinks very highly of him but just very strongly disagreed with him about conditioning.

For the record, I think Cary is wrong and is just blaming Chip's program because his own body is starting to break down, but there is really nothing wrong with his opinion and by all accounts some guys on the team feel the same way; just like some other guys on the team absolutely love Chip's conditioning program.
nephillymike
Cary is wrong.

He always deflected blame.

How that guy could say the shit he after watching his game tapes is beyond belief.

I heard this little tidbit the other day.

Cary Williams ranked 2nd to last in the NFL as a third down CB among starting CB's with more than five yards to go for a first.

3rd and 5, throw it his way.

3rd and 10, no problem, Sconces is your man.

3rd and 20 or more? Lamebrain would let you get behind him and in the event he wasn't beaten so bad to be out of touch, he'd tackle you for an easy pass interference penalty. And when he got beaten like a drum what would he do? Blame the safety, blame the coach, blame the scheme, blame blame blame everyone but one man, himself.

The blame game is not going to work up in Seattle.
Zero
More Mikey Man Love for Scones. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.