Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I dislike Tebow almost as much as I disliked Vick
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
xsv
Not for the same reasons, but with the same result.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 1 2015, 09:30 PM) *

its worse with Tebow....

the stupid stuff with Vick didnt start when he first got here. most were just annoyed that we brought him in because of the dog thing. he was here simply to backup Dmac and looking for a 2nd chance to prove he wouldnt be any trouble

even when Vick was going to backup Kolb (who sucked) there werent many saying Vick should start over him

the ridiculous claims about how successful he could be came after those 4 or 5 games in 2010...thats when the fanatics showed up. it was stupid but it had some basis given his earlier career plus 2010

the tebow stupidity never stopped while he was unemployed and now Chip brings that circus of BS to this town...and he hasnt even made the team yet
nephillymike
For a little over a half of a season, Vick gave us the best quarterbacking this team has ever saw.

He was amazing.

Short lived, yes.

Way over rated prior to then and not nearly as good as a good QB should be now. (Anyone who played that poorly last year and couldn't beat out Geno Smith has to be criticized)

But for that half year, it was pure joy.

Tim Tebow as an NFL QB has never approached that level of play. From what the reporters are saying, it looks like he won't this year either.

I don't hate either man. Not that I don't have hate in me as anyone who's heard my rants on sconces can attest to the possibility.

But I do hate the inordinate amount of attention Tebow has gotten. I his Christian values and all should know we need better people in sports, BUT, this is football and all attention should be based in his skill level and right now he deserves the attention of the other guys ranked 60th to 90th on this roster right now which is, not very much.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 1 2015, 10:56 PM) *
But for that half year, it was pure joy.

Tim Tebow as an NFL QB has never approached that level of play. From what the reporters are saying, it looks like he won't this year either.

That playoff run Tebow had with Denver must have been exciting for Tebow and/or Denver fans. The comebacks and the playoff upset vs Pitts. He had his moment in the sun.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 2 2015, 12:35 AM) *
That playoff run Tebow had with Denver must have been exciting for Tebow and/or Denver fans. The comebacks and the playoff upset vs Pitts. He had his moment in the sun.

And that's the valid explanation for him getting more attention than 60-90 crowd ... even with Barkley I'd say which ain't much.
D Rock
Tim Tebow is a fucking joke.

I HATE that he's involved in Eagle's related discussion on ANY level. I hated Mike Vick too, but this is MUCH worse. I could get behind giving an uber talent a shot at redemption despite my personal disdain for his criminal actions.

But all these FAKE FANS that are coming out of the woodwork can all kick bricks.

Especially with all the zealot fervor that accompanies it.

Religion is like your dick. It's nice that you have one. It's great that you're proud of it. But don't go waving it in my fucking face, because I simply don't want to see it.

Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 2 2015, 09:24 PM) *
Tim Tebow is a fucking joke.

I HATE that he's involved in Eagle's related discussion on ANY level. I hated Mike Vick too, but this is MUCH worse. I could get behind giving an uber talent a shot at redemption despite my personal disdain for his criminal actions.

But all these FAKE FANS that are coming out of the woodwork can all kick bricks.

Especially with all the zealot fervor that accompanies it.

Religion is like your dick. It's nice that you have one. It's great that you're proud of it. But don't go waving it in my fucking face, because I simply don't want to see it.

Zeus fucking Christ in the ass, is there anything more insufferable than the religious booboise? Doubtful.
D Rock
Pila!!!! Great to "see" you, brother. Hope you're well, ya phuquin feriner.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 1 2015, 09:30 PM) *

I still cannot figure out why this guy is wearing an Eagles' uniform. Hopefully, they won't still be wasting a roster spot on him when the final cuts are made.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 3 2015, 06:08 PM) *
Pila!!!! Great to "see" you, brother. Hope you're well, ya phuquin feriner.

Ditto!

All's well, thanks for asking. On this side of the states for another week before getting back across the pond. How are things in Cali - still above sea level?
american_champion
Tim's a player on the Eagles roster and deserves the fans acceptance and good will like all of the other players.. Period.. God Bless.

BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 17 2015, 03:05 AM) *
Tim's a player on the Eagles roster and deserves the fans acceptance and good will like all of the other players.. Period.. God Bless.

you have no clue what you are talking about....close to half of the players who a team is allowed to bring into OTAs and TC wont make the final cut

fans dont 'accept' these people because most often fans dont even know who they are. they dont 'deserve' anything

Tebow people are not even football fans...much less fans of my team. thanks Chip
xsv
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 17 2015, 03:05 AM) *

I think you should speak for yourself.

I greatly dislike that he's currently on this team. Thankfully, he's probably only here for a few months.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 17 2015, 08:50 AM) *
I think you should speak for yourself.

I greatly dislike that he's currently on this team. Thankfully, he's probably only here for a few months.

Not sure why you would dislike the fact that this young man named Tim Tebow is getting a shot at reviving his NFL career. If he makes the team he most likely wont be the starter. Not to mention none of the current QBs on the Eagles team are elite caliber QBs. That's not to say that I am saying that the team has bad QB per se just not elite ones. I could understand the crying and complaining about Tebow being on a team if he was going to be a starter for a team like the Pats, Broncos, or Packers. Why? because those teams have starting QBs that are elite aka Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rogers. Outside of those 3 teams that have elite A grade level QBs: the other 29 nfl teams have quarters backs that are either just good/average (B/C grade level) or quarterbacks that are just bad (D/F grade level).
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 17 2015, 12:35 PM) *
Not sure why you would dislike the fact that this young man named Tim Tebow is getting a shot at reviving his NFL career.

Because of his bozo fanbase.
Eyrie
The problem is that people are supporting Tebow based on his religious beliefs and not on his proven NFL history. It would be the equivalent of me championing Joe Soap, an UDFA Division Three RB, as a certainty to make the final roster because Joe Soap actively campaigns to raise awareness of climate change.

Tebow is lucky to have received yet another chance, but his best chance of making the roster is if Barkely is even worse rather than because Tebow has suddenly fixed his longstanding flaws.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 17 2015, 11:30 AM) *
Because of his bozo fanbase.

Nearly everything in life has fans. All 32 NFL teams have fan bases. Britney spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Bieber,Lady Gaga, Mike Tyson, Apple corp etc has fans even if you may not be a fan. Just because a person, place, or thing has fans doesn't make that person, place or thing bad. Just because that person place or thing has fans doesn't make them bozos.

For example, I am not a fan of Justin Bieber, but he has millions of fans. Just because I am not a fan of his doesn't give me a right to call Justin Bieber's fans bozos.

To claim to dislike like a person, place or thing because of its fans is immature and ignorant.
mcnabbulous
Everything has fans, but Tim Tebow's are the biggest bozos.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 17 2015, 04:01 PM) *
Everything has fans, but Tim Tebow's are the biggest bozos.

I think the real bozos are those who call other people who have done nothing to them a bozo
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 17 2015, 07:10 PM) *
I think the real bozos are those who call other people who have done nothing to them a bozo

but you have done something...

you see how you came to this board of actual Eagles fans making topics about Tebow when nobody wants the topics, they dont want you and they are annoyed that this only happened because Chip brought him into OTAs

you are annoying, you wont stop, you are obtuse and you pretend to be an Eagles fan but cannot deny that if the Titans had brought Tebow into their team OTAs you would be annoying those fans right now

"have done nothing to them?"....please.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jun 18 2015, 04:32 AM) *
but you have done something...

you see how you came to this board of actual Eagles fans making topics about Tebow when nobody wants the topics, they dont want you and they are annoyed that this only happened because Chip brought him into OTAs

you are annoying, you wont stop, you are obtuse and you pretend to be an Eagles fan but cannot deny that if the Titans had brought Tebow into their team OTAs you would be annoying those fans right now

"have done nothing to them?"....please.

When did I pretend to be an eagles fan. Can you show me the post? Now that Tim is with the Eagles I am a fan. Was I a fan before? No. So what you don't own the keys to the fan in. You are no better than me. I freely admit that I joined the board after Tebow was signed. If Tim makes the team I will gladly support the Eagles as a team. Now that Tim is currently trying out for the Eagles team threads on him are just a valid as threads on Matt Barkley or whoever.

If Tim makes the team they'll be a lot of new Eagles fans who are tebow supporters joining this board.

I will say this do unto others as you want done unto you.

If you have a problem with me: we can talk to Aquila together and see whose out of line. You don't own this board and neither you nor I make the rules.
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 18 2015, 08:53 AM) *
When did I pretend to be an eagles fan. Can you show me the post? Now that Tim is with the Eagles I am a fan.

See that? That right there. You did it again. In the same phrase....anyway....

you aren't the first annoying poster to Come to this board and you won't be the last.

I'm not asking that you be removed just like I didn't ask that the mike Vick nimrods be removed. It's not that heavy. Tebow will go away someday and so will you...I will wait

As for 'doing unto others'....for you to even mention that phrase here is the height of hypocrisy. You offer nothing to this board except Tebow support which Eagles fans here don't want. Don't start preaching about consideration of others unless you are prepared to practice it. You know posters here don't want to talk about Tebow yet you make topic after topic.

Lastly, you know nothing of what it means to be a fan of a team if you are willing to PRETEND to be a fan of a team because you like some guy. It's offensive to real fans. Hypocrite.

Namaste! To Apollo be the glory and stuff
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jun 18 2015, 07:37 AM) *
See that? That right there. You did it again. In the same phrase....anyway....

you aren't the first annoying poster to Come to this board and you won't be the last.

I'm not asking that you be removed just like I didn't ask that the mike Vick nimrods be removed. It's not that heavy. Tebow will go away someday and so will you...I will wait

As for 'doing unto others'....for you to even mention that phrase here is the height of hypocrisy. You offer nothing to this board except Tebow support which Eagles fans here don't want. Don't start preaching about consideration of others unless you are prepared to practice it. You know posters here don't want to talk about Tebow yet you make topic after topic.

Lastly, you know nothing of what it means to be a fan of a team if you are willing to PRETEND to be a fan of a team because you like some guy. It's offensive to real fans. Hypocrite.

Namaste! To Apollo be the glory and stuff

I am going to quote Carrie Underwood "Mean People need Jesus Plain and Simple". https://mobile.twitter.com/carrieunderwood/...126787025629185
Peter 2:22-25
22 “He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”[e]
23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 25 For “you were like sheep going astray,”[f] but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

You can go ahead and argue with yourself. God Bless!
xsv
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 17 2015, 01:35 PM) *
Not sure why you would dislike the fact that this young man named Tim Tebow is getting a shot at reviving his NFL career. If he makes the team he most likely wont be the starter. Not to mention none of the current QBs on the Eagles team are elite caliber QBs. That's not to say that I am saying that the team has bad QB per se just not elite ones. I could understand the crying and complaining about Tebow being on a team if he was going to be a starter for a team like the Pats, Broncos, or Packers. Why? because those teams have starting QBs that are elite aka Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rogers. Outside of those 3 teams that have elite A grade level QBs: the other 29 nfl teams have quarters backs that are either just good/average (B/C grade level) or quarterbacks that are just bad (D/F grade level).

Because he's not an NFL caliber quarterback. IMO, he's not even remotely close to being good enough to be a 3rd string. He's possibly good enough to be a camp arm, but as inaccurate as he is, I don't think that's very practical.

We might not have an elite qb on the team, but he's not even good enough to be 3rd string. And it's not even close.

I don't mind the dude himeself. I would like to see more of his work as an analyst or in the booth. But he's a joke as a qb.
Pila
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 18 2015, 06:46 PM) *
I am going to quote Carrie Underwood "Mean People need Jesus Plain and Simple". https://mobile.twitter.com/carrieunderwood/...126787025629185
Peter 2:22-25
22 “He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”[e]
23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 25 For “you were like sheep going astray,”[f] but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

You can go ahead and argue with yourself. God Bless!

As if Tebow wasn't enough to fantasize an early end to his fans, you're now going around quoting Carrie Underwood! Good Zeus, end this suffering...
Phits
Tebow looked about the same he has all spring. Not pretty as a passer but looks great when he takes off and runs. To Tebow's credit, he did end practice on a high note. He scrambled left and tossed up a ball to Bailey who caught it for the score. You just can't stop Tebow in the fourth quarter, even if it's practice.

Linc
Joegrane
I think I dislike Tebow almost as much as I disliked Vick

G Cobb and Mike Maycock think you are going to see quite a bit of Tebow in Green this year.
I’ve written numerous times here on the site that Tim Tebow is probably going to make this football team. It’s not that he’s outperforming Matt Barkley or he has become a great pocket passer, it’s because his ability to run with the football and execute the read option will cause problems for opposing defensive coordinators....

NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock was out at practice yesterday and before I could tell him what I thought about the Tebow/Barkley situation, he started talking about how the presence of Tebow on the roster was going to force opposing defensive coordinators to prepare for the read option with the quarterback keeping the football.

Tebow still has a ways to go as he works on his throwing touch, but he has improved it quite a bit. Mayock and I think he’s going to be here.
http://gcobb.com/2015/06/18/mike-mayock-ex...bow-to-be-here/

WTF is this other than anti-Tebow BS?
A vintage, less-than-perfect toss from Tim Tebow somehow, in Tebowesque fashion, found its target and incited a sideline riot. Chip Kelly probably figured that practice had reached its pinnacle and decided to end the session a tad early. G. Mosher, Csnphilly

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 18 2015, 10:29 PM) *
G Cobb and Mike Maycock think you are going to see quite a bit of Tebow in Green this year.

WTF is this other than anti-Tebow BS?

Let me be very clear, I think Tebow is a dog shit QB and I think his fans are some of the most annoying people I've ever interacted with...

But I've said since he was signed that he would make the team over Barkley. And I don't dislike Tebow, despite being an awful heathen.

His fans are definitely bozos though.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 18 2015, 09:04 PM) *
Let me be very clear, I think Tebow is a dog shit QB and I think his fans are some of the most annoying people I've ever interacted with...

But I've said since he was signed that he would make the team over Barkley. And I don't dislike Tebow, despite being an awful heathen.

Tebow has alot of celebrity fans as well.

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/carrie-u...tebow-nashville

American idol season 4 winner Carrie said “Send [Tim] Tebow here [to Nashville]," Carrie told country music news website The Country Vibe. Carrie thought Tim would be a good addition for the Titans, and said she would tell the Broncos, “If you’re done with him we’ll take him," adding, "I just want the Titans to be all they can be."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/...-tebow/1794113/
Josh duhamel defends Tebow from Merril Hodge

Duhamel responded: "hey merril. Josh Duhamel here. Wondering why you're such a jealous [expletive] about Tebow? He's 10x the player you were."

Gene Simmons of the band Kiss Defends Tebow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLgvEqmNxs

UFC Champ Chris Weidman defends Tebow and states he's a Tebow fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IwVwObNkE

Manny Paquio said Tebow was his favorite and mentions how much Tim helps people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x6-VM_KPpw

I guess the celebrities above must be bozos since they are Tebow fans. Tebow has alot of non celebrity fans as well. Just more irrational hatred on your part Mcnabulous and nothing more.

Luke 6:27-36 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way. And if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, in order to receive back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 19 2015, 01:34 AM) *
Tebow has alot of celebrity fans as well.

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/carrie-u...tebow-nashville

American idol season 4 winner Carrie said “Send [Tim] Tebow here [to Nashville]," Carrie told country music news website The Country Vibe. Carrie thought Tim would be a good addition for the Titans, and said she would tell the Broncos, “If you’re done with him we’ll take him," adding, "I just want the Titans to be all they can be."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/...-tebow/1794113/
Josh duhamel defends Tebow from Merril Hodge

Duhamel responded: "hey merril. Josh Duhamel here. Wondering why you're such a jealous [expletive] about Tebow? He's 10x the player you were."

Gene Simmons of the band Kiss Defends Tebow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLgvEqmNxs

UFC Champ Chris Weidman defends Tebow and states he's a Tebow fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IwVwObNkE

Manny Paquio said Tebow was his favorite and mentions how much Tim helps people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x6-VM_KPpw

I guess the celebrities above must be bozos since they are Tebow fans. Tebow has alot of non celebrity fans as well. Just more irrational hatred on your part Mcnabulous and nothing more.

Luke 6:27-36 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way. And if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, in order to receive back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”

the annoying thing about annoying people is that they DONT KNOW when they are doing annoying stuff

quoting buybull scripture on a football forum is annoying and it didnt happen until Tebow came here...thanks Chip

im wondering what christ would think about Tebow worship...lol
Zero
I wish there were a way to separate Tebow the player from Tebow the Christian. I'm a Christian but I'm not here to talk about my faith or about anyone else's faith. I don't care if a player is black or white, Hispanic or Arab, American or Australian, Jewish or Christian. I don't care if he's straight or gay, what I care about if he can help the Eagles win a Super Bowl. This isn't a Chip Kelly forum. It's not a Sam Bradford forum, a DeMarco Murray forum, a Bryan Maxwell forum or Tim Tebow forum. This is an Eagles forum and I agree it would be better if it remained that.

The vast majority of posters have been posting here for a long time. I don't get new people being contrary and quoting our rules as if they have some entitlement to say or do whatever they want just because this is a public internet forum. Just because someone has the right doesn't make it right. New people are always welcome but as a simple matter of courtesy they should try to fit in with the existing community not direct it the way they feel it should go and then quote the rules as their basis.
Zero
As a postscript: discussion about Sanchez is relevant even if you happen to think he's a dirt ball. It doesn't matter unless he is a criminal, IMO. If he sucks at QB or can lead the team through the postseason and win that final game ... that's what this forum is about. Not if he's an asshat. He's here as the #2 QB for two years. Barkley's contract runs another two years and both Bradford and Tebow only this year. Bradford is at $13 mil all guaranteed, Tebow makes vet minimum and $0 guaranteed. Just on the basis of those facts, who are the relevant players to be discussing? It would seem that Bradford and Sanchez are the guys with Barkley and Tebow getting an occasional mention but only as a matter of curiosity.

What does it say when someone sports a fourth string QB's picture as their avatar?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 19 2015, 07:41 AM) *
The vast majority of posters have been posting here for a long time. I don't get new people being contrary and quoting our rules as if they have some entitlement to say or do whatever they want just because this is a public internet forum. Just because someone has the right doesn't make it right. New people are always welcome but as a simple matter of courtesy they should try to fit in with the existing community not direct it the way they feel it should go and then quote the rules as their basis.

These guys are trolls. They have their own Tim Tebow forum where they talk about getting banned from other internet forums. Sadly, I spent time finding it (which fortunately wasn't too difficult).

They're obnoxious as fuck and we should have squashed it right when it started.
D Rock
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Jun 19 2015, 12:56 PM) *
im wondering what christ would think about Tebow worship...lol

if ever there were a christ, he'd be pretty fucking disgusted by the words and deeds of most of his "followers."
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 19 2015, 08:45 AM) *
These guys are trolls. They have their own Tim Tebow forum where they talk about getting banned from other internet forums. Sadly, I spent time finding it (which fortunately wasn't too difficult).

They're obnoxious as fuck and we should have squashed it right when it started.

I got a private message a few week ago from a member who has been on this forum for many years and they didn't speak very highly of you mcnabulous as a poster. Anyways I hope your day is going well.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 19 2015, 01:59 PM) *
What does it say when someone sports a fourth string QB's picture as their avatar?

It says "most likely to get busted for soliciting a blow-job from an under-aged male prostitute while in possession of a week's supply of crystal meth."

hunch.gif

Praise Geebus.

bowdown.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 19 2015, 06:27 PM) *
I got a private message a few week ago from a member who has been on this forum for many years and they didn't speak very highly of you mcnabulous as a poster. Anyways I hope your day is going well.

.....and?

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 19 2015, 12:27 PM) *

Tell Jax I said hi.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 19 2015, 06:48 PM) *
Tell Jax I said hi.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Eyrie
The only reason why anyone sticks up for Tebow is because they share his Christian beliefs. When challenged on his ability to play QB, they talk about his potential like he's a 22 year old rookie rather than someone who couldn't get on a team for two years.

It's the equivalent of letting your local minister/priest/rabbi/iman/atheist perform heart surgery because they share your perspective on religion.

The Pope recognised the dangers of climate change yesterday. Maybe we should have him try out for the #3 spot since his faith would appeal to the Tebow fans and his science to the rest of us. Not to mention that he couldn't be a worse passer ....
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 19 2015, 11:18 AM) *
The only reason why anyone sticks up for Tebow is because they share his Christian beliefs. When challenged on his ability to play QB, they talk about his potential like he's a 22 year old rookie rather than someone who couldn't get on a team for two years.

It's the equivalent of letting your local minister/priest/rabbi/iman/atheist perform heart surgery because they share your perspective on religion.

The Pope recognised the dangers of climate change yesterday. Maybe we should have him try out for the #3 spot since his faith would appeal to the Tebow fans and his science to the rest of us. Not to mention that he couldn't be a worse passer ....

There's a poster who goes by the username demonthes and he is a hard core atheist, but a huge Tebow fan who defended Tebow tooth and nail. He was a member on the Patsfans forum. Not sure if he will sign up here, but if he ever does you'll quickly learn that he's a Tebow fan and an atheist.

Now of course there's a percentage of Tebow fans that share his beliefs. However, there's a percentage of Tebow fans that don't share his beliefs but are still big fans of him for one reason or another.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 19 2015, 09:14 PM) *
There's a poster who goes by the username demonthes and he is a hard core atheist, but a huge Tebow fan who defended Tebow tooth and nail. He was a member on the Patsfans forum. Not sure if he will sign up here, but if he ever does you'll quickly learn that he's a Tebow fan and an atheist.

Now of course there's a percentage of Tebow fans that share his beliefs. However, there's a percentage of Tebow fans that don't share his beliefs but are still big fans of him for one reason or another.

I read that Tebow completed a pass at the end of mini-camp, so the 1% of Tebow fans that don't believe in a god and haven't moved on from his college days can claim that as evidence he has potential.

Personally I want the best person for the job. I was a big fan of Jason Avant for example.
american_champion
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jun 19 2015, 02:18 PM) *

Climate change?.. Lol.. You liberal millenial idiot... You and your President should go buy an iceberg together on the North Pole before they're all gone.. God Bless.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 18 2015, 11:04 PM) *

Jeff McLain says that Barkley is way ahead of Tebow. They are all happy during those times when Tebow is able to do elementary fundamental NFL QB things. Things that NFL QB's do on almost every play, but are great strides for Non NFL QB's like Tebow.

Unless they get a real good offer out of the blue for Barkley's services, Barkley will be #3 and Tebow will get cut.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 19 2015, 05:19 PM) *
Climate change?.. Lol.. You liberal millenial idiot... You and your President should go buy an iceberg together on the North Pole before they're all gone.. God Bless.

He's from the other side of the pond you newbie, ignorant asshat.
Zero
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 19 2015, 06:19 PM) *

Dude, please stop. If you can't turn the other cheek learn some etiquette.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 19 2015, 06:29 PM) *
Jeff McLain says that Barkley is way ahead of Tebow. They are all happy during those times when Tebow is able to do elementary fundamental NFL QB things. Things that NFL QB's do on almost every play, but are great strides for Non NFL QB's like Tebow.

Unless they get a real good offer out of the blue for Barkley's services, Barkley will be #3 and Tebow will get cut.

I don't think Chip thinks as by the book as anyone else in pro football. While no rational person would argue that Barkley, despite being awful, is a superior QB to Tebow...Tebow, the dog shittiest QB of our era, offers a unique skill set that Chip may be able to exploit a handful of times a year.

With that said, I will now actively support Barkley full force, given that Tebow's lunatic fans are the absolute most obnoxious people I've ever interacted with in my life. Fuck Tebow.
Pila
Tim Tebow is probably a good guy. A servile intellect, and pretentious with a host of a number of Freudian, self-loathing urges of shame like much of the superstitious public in general, but probably benign so long as he doesn't run for office or becomes a boy scout troop master. In which case, it isn't his fault his fanboys' drool is insufferable.

Hope he makes it. ...with the Giants, or even better - Dallas. His fanboys would be well received there, I suspect.
Eyrie
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 19 2015, 11:19 PM) *

I apologise for being someone who places his faith in scientific fact (as endorsed by the Pope) rather than your interpretation of primitive superstition.

Incidentally, if you ever want to visit my country then make sure you come the right way or you'll fall off the edge of the planet ohmy.gif

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 20 2015, 12:57 AM) *
He's from the other side of the pond you newbie, ignorant asshat.

QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 20 2015, 01:09 AM) *
Dude, please stop. If you can't turn the other cheek learn some etiquette.

Thank you, gentlemen.

I trust my UK government on the economy but not on the environment.
D Rock
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 19 2015, 10:19 PM) *

I love the hypocrisy inherent in closing an (attempted) insult with the utterly phony "God Bless."

Eat a bag of Dicks, you hypocrite asshole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.