Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Official.. The Carolina Panthers Are Doomed..
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
american_champion
Can Newton gets 5yr/100+ Million.. Lol... What an overrated piece of garbage.. That bum will never win a Super Bowl.. The same guy who stole labtops and got kicked off the team as Tim TeBow's backup at Florida?.. Lol.. Yeah, that guy.. It just makes you wonder what the other overrated, media created, garbage Qb's like RG3, E.J Manuel, Kaepernick, Geno Smith and 'Famous Jameis' will get paid for never achieving anything but losing..

I just sometimes can't help but sit back and wonder how Tim TeBow would be perceived and how many chances he would be given if he never mentioned God or had a darker skin complexion.. In today's NFL, I guess the QB has to also be politically correct.. But what do you expect in 2015 Obuma's America?.. If not, there may be riots.. Luckily, Chip Kelly doesn't look at race or religion when putting together a football team.. And it's refreshing to know that there is at least one coach in the lg. Who isn't prejudicial.. God Bless.

xsv
I don't think Can is worth that kind of money either, but he's a much Much MUCH better qb than Tebow will ever be.

Let's see how Mariota turns out.

QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 1 2015, 07:06 PM) *
Can Newton gets 5yr/100+ Million.. Lol... What an overrated piece of garbage.. That bum will never win a Super Bowl.. The same guy who stole labtops and got kicked off the team as Tim TeBow's backup at Florida?.. Lol.. Yeah, that guy.. It just makes you wonder what the other overrated, media created, garbage Qb's like RG3, E.J Manuel, Kaepernick, Geno Smith and 'Famous Jameis' will get paid for never achieving anything but losing..

I just sometimes can't help but sit back and wonder how Tim TeBow would be perceived and how many chances he would be given if he never mentioned God or had a darker skin complexion.. In today's NFL, I guess the QB has to also be politically correct.. But what do you expect in 2015 Obuma's America?.. If not, there may be riots.. Luckily, Chip Kelly doesn't look at race or religion when putting together a football team.. And it's refreshing to know that there is at least one coach in the lg. Who isn't prejudicial.. God Bless.

nephillymike
I'm guessing American's Champ and Shady aren't best buddies.
Christian_Cat
interesting
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (xsv @ Jun 1 2015, 06:28 PM) *
I don't think Can is worth that kind of money either, but he's a much Much MUCH better qb than Tebow will ever be.

Let's see how Mariota turns out.

Cam is a better QB currently, but he's has had way more playing time professionally in the NFL than Tebow has had. I mean Tebow played a few games in the 2010 season and played in 13 games in the 2011 season. In New York Tebow never got a chance to play starting QB and the Pats cut him immediately after only playing in 3 preseason games.

My take on it is this, Tim has not had much of a chance to get be this great QB. Now I know Tim is not currently a very good QB. However, despite his deficiencies in passing/accuracy he helped lead the Broncos from being a 1-4 team to a team that went 8-8, made the playoffs, and won a playoff game against the steelers. Thus, it has been proven that Tim can help a team win games despite it all.

I think its a bit much to say that Cam is a better QB than Tebow will ever be. How do we know how much better or worse any NFL player will get/be in the future. It is still possible that Tebow will become a much better QB in the future. Although I understand chances are slim of Tebow becoming this great QB in the future.
D Rock
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Tim Tebow couldn't hold Cam Newton's jock. To put them in the same conversation is moronic.
Joegrane
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 2 2015, 05:30 PM) *

Tim Tebow couldn't hold Cam Newton's jock. To put them in the same conversation is moronic.

Stats can seem to lie sometimes but here are some Red Zone stats.

Tim Tebow
Year....Cmp Pct...Pas TD Pct....Run TD Pct

Cam Newton
Year....Cmp Pct...Pas TD Pct ....Run TD Pct

More on that here.
http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry270756
Endlessknight
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 1 2015, 03:06 PM) *

Racist much?
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 3 2015, 03:50 AM) *

Tim Tebow

Cam Newton

More on that here.

Anything that suggests Tim Phuquing Tebow is an actual NFL quality quarterback is indeed . . . a lie.

gOd BlEsS
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 3 2015, 03:50 AM) *

Tim Tebow

Cam Newton

More on that here.

Those are very dated stats. What did Tebow do in the NFL in the last two seasons?
mcnabbulous
Hey just remember who first wanted these shitbirds kicked off this board. What a fucking disgrace.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (american_champion @ Jun 1 2015, 07:06 PM) *

Tebow is a bum, and you are a racist piece of shit.
Christian_Cat
Racism, religious bigotry etc is all wrong. Cam probably has experienced racism just as much as Tim has faced religious bigotry by those who don't share his beliefs. Both bigotry and racism is bad.

I don't think the op is racist. However, he shouldn't have called Cam a bum. That was in poor taste and I am not a Cam fan. With that said Tebow shouldn't be called a bum. That young man has a tireless work effort, practices his butt off, often is last to leave the gym etc. He has throwing/accuracy issues but he's no bum. People calling Tebow a bum are just showing their irrational hatred for Tebow.
D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 3 2015, 10:13 PM) *
Racism, religious bigotry etc is all wrong. Cam probably has experienced racism just as much as Tim has faced religious bigotry by those who don't share his beliefs. Both bigotry and racism is bad.

Religious Bigotry?

You are an enormous tool.

Figure this out. You CHOOSE to wave your religion in peoples faces. You CHOOSE to display your imaginary friend for all to see. So too, you can CHOOSE to NOT be a douche and keep your religion to yourself.

Hell, one can even CHOOSE their religion.

No one. NO ONE, can chose their race.

That you would even dane to attempt to draw an analogy between racism and your moronic claim of "religious bigotry" speaks volumes about just how out of touch you ass-hats are.

Oh . . . Tim Tebow Sucks. He could be a jew, christian, muslim, snake handler, agnostic, atheist, or none of the above. He could CHOOSE to worship a head of lettuce named "Ralph." But, he'd still SUCK GIANT DONKEY BALLS as a quarterback.

Take your persecution complex and just go away.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 3 2015, 02:28 PM) *
Religious Bigotry?

You are an enormous tool.

Get this, einstein. You CHOOSE to wave your religion in peoples faces. You CHOOSE to display your imaginary friend fo all to see. So too, you can CHOOSE to NOT be a douche and keep your religion to yourself.

No one. NO ONE, can chose whether or not to display their race for all to see.

That you would even dane to attempt to draw an analogy between racism and your moronic claim of "religious bigotry" speaks volumes about just how out of touch you ass hats are.

Oh . . . Tim Tebow Sucks. He could be a jew, christian, muslim, agnostic, atheist, or none of the above. But, he'd still SUCK GIANT DONKEY BALLS as a quarterback.

Take your persecution complex and just go away.

Martin Luther King who was at the for front of racial equality and equal rights for all races was a Christian. Matter fact he was a baptist minister. He did not hide his religion. He spoke up in the fight for civil rights for everyone regardless of their race, religion etc.

http://www.everystudent.com/features/dream.html

In one of his works Dr. King makes the following statements:"At the center of the Christian faith is the affirmation that there is a God in the universe who is the ground and essence of all reality. A Being of infinite love and boundless power, God is the creator, sustainer, and conserver of values....In contrast to the ethical relativism of [totalitarianism], Christianity sets forth a system of absolute moral values and affirms that God has placed within the very structure of this universe certain moral principles that are fixed and immutable."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_intolerance
D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Jun 3 2015, 10:36 PM) *
Martin Luther King who was at the for front of racial equality and equal rights for all races was a Christian. Matter fact he was a baptist minister. He did not hide his religion. He spoke up in the fight for civil rights for everyone regardless of their race, religion etc.

http://www.everystudent.com/features/dream.html

In one of his works Dr. King makes the following statements:"At the center of the Christian faith is the affirmation that there is a God in the universe who is the ground and essence of all reality. A Being of infinite love and boundless power, God is the creator, sustainer, and conserver of values....In contrast to the ethical relativism of [totalitarianism], Christianity sets forth a system of absolute moral values and affirms that God has placed within the very structure of this universe certain moral principles that are fixed and immutable."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_intolerance

Was that intended to debunk my previous post?

FAIL

I get that your religion essentially makes you powerless to use logic on any level. But to fall into the 1st logical fallacy is weak nonetheless. Just because MLK was a christian does not make your specious attempts to draw an analogy between racism and your perceived "religious bigotry" any more logically sound.

Riddle me this, batman. If your imaginary friend loved Tim Tebow so much, why did he make him such a shitty quarterback?
mcnabbulous
You basically can't become an elected official in this country unless you at least pretend to be Christian. Give me a break with this shit. Why is this on a football board?

Tebow is the fucking plague.
Joegrane
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 3 2015, 11:33 AM) *
Anything that suggests Tim Phuquing Tebow is an actual NFL quality quarterback is indeed . . . a lie.

So you don't like statistics and evidence, only your own opinion. You think you are God? Who is out of touch?!

I'm not suggesting that Tebow was a good passer, just that his stats suggest that he was a good Red Zone weapon. I don't have his short yardage stats but I suspect they are similarly good.

We'll see if Tebow has improved, and if so, how much and how consistently. Those who claim to know are full of BS or irrational Tebow haters.

On a team with Sanchez, Bradord, Tebow, and an undersized center who do you want at QB on 4th and 6 inches?
Endlessknight
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 3 2015, 04:40 PM) *
So you don't like statistics and evidence, only your own opinion. You think you are God? Who is out of touch?!

I'm not suggesting that Tebow was a good passer, just that his stats suggest that he was a good Red Zone weapon. I don't have his short yardage stats but I suspect they are similarly good.

We'll see if Tebow has improved, and if so, how much and how consistently. Those who claim to know are full of BS or irrational Tebow haters.

On a team with Sanchez, Bradord, Tebow, and an undersized center who do you want at QB on 4th and 6 inches?

When was the last time a 3rd string QB went into an NFL game while the first 2 QBs were healthy?
Joegrane
QUOTE (Endlessknight @ Jun 3 2015, 09:21 PM) *
When was the last time a 3rd string QB went into an NFL game while the first 2 QBs were healthy?

Great point but this is Chip Kelly's team.

When was the last time a team got rid of three Pro Bowl players in two years and a 4th is obviously alienated? When was the last time a team traded a recent Pro Bowl QB?

With Chip it is like being on a roller coaster in nearly pitch black darkness : )

I doubt that Chip sees Tebow as a useful QB early this year. I bet he sees him as more of a project for the future. Maybe he could develop into a #2.

Remember, Chip might need a #2 if Bradford decides to go elsewhere next year. If Tebow's mechanics are improved and he becomes consistent in using them, he might give the Birds a #2 QB with playoff experience and experience in the system.

All of that is probably a long shot but QB is so important. Why not take a chance on a guy with higher upside?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 3 2015, 07:40 PM) *
So you don't like statistics and evidence, only your own opinion.

The evidence suggests that 32 teams didn't think Tebow was worthy of a roster spot the past two seasons. There is no cherry picking required.

You think you are God? Who is out of touch?!

Sounds like he doesn't think anyone is God.

He's been out of football for 2 years. He's not been a good anything.

The irrational ones are those that follow him from team to team and subsequently board to board spewing their fanaticism.

Not the guy who was working for the SEC Network last year.
Joegrane
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 3 2015, 11:28 PM) *
The evidence suggests that 32 teams didn't think Tebow was worthy of a roster spot the past two seasons. There is no cherry picking required.
He's been out of football for 2 years. He's not been a good anything.

A number of sources claim Tebow's throwing mechanics have improved. We'll see. So I don't care what he was doing in the past couple of years. ( Being in a broadcast booth during college football games doesn't hurt) I want to know if he can help the Birds *now* with his supposedly improved mechanics.

Even with the poor throwing mechanics the Broncos won a playoff game--more than the Eagles have in the past few years. He obviously was doing some things okay or better. The Red Zone Stats suggest that he is valuable in short yardage situations. I doubt that has changed.

We are only discussing a #3 QB. Unless you are a Tebow fan or a Tebow hater, there is no need to make a big deal about any of this.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 4 2015, 12:18 PM) *
We are only discussing a #3 QB. Unless you are a Tebow fan or a Tebow hater, there is no need to make a big deal about any of this.

We (rightfully) wouldn't be discussing a #3 QB at all if it wasn't for these zealots.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 4 2015, 10:18 AM) *
A number of sources claim Tebow's throwing mechanics have improved. We'll see. So I don't care what he was doing in the past couple of years. ( Being in a broadcast booth during college football games doesn't hurt) I want to know if he can help the Birds *now* with his supposedly improved mechanics.

Even with the poor throwing mechanics the Broncos won a playoff game--more than the Eagles have in the past few years. He obviously was doing some things okay or better. The Red Zone Stats suggest that he is valuable in short yardage situations. I doubt that has changed.

There's a saying that I think is so true. Whether they love you or whether they hate you they're still obsessed.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 4 2015, 01:29 PM) *
We (rightfully) wouldn't be discussing a #3 QB at all if it wasn't for these zealots.

Chip Kelly brought him in, despite knowing the type of circus he would bring and his history of poorly thrown footballs. It's not illogical to think that, if he makes the cut, his role may be more involved than that of a typical #3 QB.
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 4 2015, 06:18 PM) *
I don't care what he was doing in the past couple of years. ( Being in a broadcast booth during college football games doesn't hurt)

It doesn't hurt that he's been a broadcaster for the past couple of years? Care to tell me where the list of players who got to be quality NFL quarterbacks by working in the broadcast booth starts and who it includes? I'll give you a hint. The list includes exactly NOBODY.
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 4 2015, 06:18 PM) *
I want to know if he can help the Birds *now* with his supposedly improved mechanics.

He can't.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 4 2015, 03:05 PM) *
It doesn't hurt that he's been a broadcaster for the past couple of years? Care to tell me where the list of players who got to be quality NFL quarterbacks by working in the broadcast booth starts and who it includes? I'll give you a hint. The list includes exactly NOBODY.

It wasn't the broadcast booth but Kurt Warner was stocking shelves at a Hy-Vee grocery store, when he got his second chance.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 4 2015, 02:17 PM) *
It wasn't the broadcast booth but Kurt Warner was stocking shelves at a Hy-Vee grocery store, when he got his second chance.

No he wasn't. He played in the Arena league and then NFL Europe for a few years before returning to the NFL, with great success each year.

He's also a super Christian that no one held down due to spirituality. Maybe because he could actually play the position, which is all that really matters.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 4 2015, 08:17 PM) *

Only to augment his income as an top notch arena FOOTBALL PLAYER. Unlike Tim phuqing Tebow, Kurt "thank you Jebus" Warner was an actual Quarterback.

Christian_Cat
Well regardless of what any of us think Tebow can or can't do in the future won't matter. All that will really matter is whether or not Chip Kelly and the staff think Tebow can.

You know what I find funny in all this. All the naysayers want to come in and post that Tebow can't and will not help the team at any point in the future. How does anyone here on earth know the future? Heck for all those that claim to know everyone and everything's future: can you give me all the correct lottery numbers for the next drawing which is on 6/5 so I can win that jackpot worth millions.

I don't know whether Tim will do good or bad on the team. We'll just all have to wait and see.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 4 2015, 04:18 PM) *
No he wasn't.

According to almost every piece of existing literature, he was a grocery boy before he got his next shot at being pro QB.

He played in the Arena league and then NFL Europe for a few years

Might as well have been playing pee-wee flag football.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 4 2015, 04:43 PM) *
Only to augment his income as an top notch arena FOOTBALL PLAYER. Unlike Tim phuqing Tebow, Kurt "thank you Jebus" Warner was an actual Quarterback.

Warner was only an actual QB after he became an "actual QB". He needed the time away in order to become an "actual QB".
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 4 2015, 07:06 PM) *
Warner was only an actual QB after he became an "actual QB". He needed the time away in order to become an "actual QB".

Exactly he went to the packers 1995 training camp and was cut before the season started because the staff at the time didn't feel he was ready. I love Kurt Warner btw.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 4 2015, 09:02 PM) *
According to almost every piece of existing literature, he was a grocery boy before he got his next shot at being pro QB.

Everyone was something before they became something else. Immediately before becoming an NFL sensation, Kurt Warner was a professional football player in the minor leagues. Not learning how to throw a football correctly for the first time in his life.

Might as well have been playing pee-wee flag football.

Which would still be more relevant than working for ESPN.
D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Jun 5 2015, 03:06 AM) *

laugh.gif

Uh, what? He was playing football. Time "Away" from what?
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Jun 5 2015, 10:19 AM) *
laugh.gif

Uh, what? He was playing football. Time "Away" from what?

Time away from the nfl....you know after he was cut by the packers.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 4 2015, 09:18 PM) *
He's also a super Christian that no one held down due to spirituality. Maybe because he could actually play the position, which is all that really matters.

Agreed.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Jun 4 2015, 01:18 PM) *
No he wasn't. He played in the Arena league and then NFL Europe for a few years before returning to the NFL, with great success each year.

People did not put down Kurt as much for his faith because he wasn't as in your face about his faith as Tebow was. However even Kurt Warner has been criticized for his beliefs. http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/53130...up-and-shot.htm

While many people criticize Tebow because of his football skills or lack there of. There are many people who hate Tebow simply for his faith. So to say that Christians like Warner were never criticized for their faith because he could play, but Tebow is cristicized for only his play is inaccurate.
D Rock
Again, religion is like your dick....

Congrats for having one, and I get that you might be proud of it . . . but waving it around in everybody else's face is pompous and rude.

If there is a god, I'd have a really hard time believing he/she/it gives a rat's ass about whether or not Kurt Warner wins the super bowl. Not when half the world's population is living in squaller and can't tell you where their going to get their next meal.

Perspective people.

Perspective.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.