Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I'm sitting in church this morning...............
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
And a nun speaker comes up near the end of mass and talks about the upcoming visit from the Pope and the details of how they are going to transport the parishioners down to the mass he's having down town.

So she proceeds to say how there will be two air conditioned buses that will leave the church EARLY that morning and will drive down and park in the stadium lot. The flock will then take the subway up to center city so they can see the mass.

Now as she is saying this, I'm thinking "I wonder if they are going to tailgate down at the stadium lot where they park the bus?"

Tailgating for the Pope.

If anyone was going to do it, Philadelphia would.

P
O
P
E

POPE!!!

Or maybe I have a warped mind and football season can't get here soon enough.......................................
Zero
Hahaha! I'm voting warped. laugh.gif
Joegrane
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 31 2015, 04:20 PM) *
And a nun speaker comes up near the end of mass and talks about the upcoming visit from the Pope and the details of how they are going to transport the parishioners down to the mass he's having down town.

So she proceeds to say how there will be two air conditioned buses that will leave the church EARLY that morning and will drive down and park in the stadium lot. The flock will then take the subway up to center city so they can see the mass.

Now as she is saying this, I'm thinking "I wonder if they are going to tailgate down at the stadium lot where they park the bus?"

Tailgating for the Pope.

If anyone was going to do it, Philadelphia would.

P
O
P
E

POPE!!!

Or maybe I have a warped mind and football season can't get here soon enough.......................................

When Pope John Paul II came to Philly I was a drummer in the high school band that was part of the welcoming group. We went to the outdoor Mass. It was a nice experience but not a tailgating event : )

We were some distance away so I had my girlfriend sitting on my shoulders for a while so she could see. It was definitely a relaxed environment considering it was a "church" service.

At one of the youth events the youth chanted, "JP II we love you." He replied " JP II I love you" That is about as raucous as it gets : ) For a Catholic it is worth checking out. It is probably a once in a lifetime event.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 31 2015, 07:05 PM) *
When Pope John Paul II came to Philly I was a drummer in the high school band that was part of the welcoming group. We went to the outdoor Mass. It was a nice experience but not a tailgating event : )

We were some distance away so I had my girlfriend sitting on my shoulders for a while so she could see. It was definitely a relaxed environment considering it was a "church" service.

At one of the youth events the youth chanted, "JP II we love you." He replied " JP II I love you" That is about as raucous as it gets : ) For a Catholic it is worth checking out. It is probably a once in a lifetime event.

http://6abc.com/religion/video-pope-john-p...in-1979/398555/

Here's video of the event that I think you're speaking of. smile.gif
HobbEs
When Pope Paul came to town in the late 70's I was in high school. We snuck away from mass get drunk. I did see him leaving though...
nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Jun 1 2015, 09:01 AM) *
When Pope Paul came to town in the late 70's I was in high school. We snuck away from mass get drunk. I did see him leaving though...

Well Hobbes, you almost had it down.

When you tailgate the Pope, you get drunk BEFORE the mass.

I expect your game plan to be better timed this time around!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.