Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are we going?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Cox, Logan and Thornton then Curry. Barwin and Graham (Smith?)... Ryans, Kendricks, Alonso then Goode, Long and Acho as backups. If they can stay healthy, this is a strong front seven! Maxwell, Rowe, Jenkins and Thurmond should be a big improvement over Williams, Fletcher, Allen and Jenkins. Add Undlin to this mix and the defense just got a major jump start.

This is the unit that needed fixing. They ranked 28th in total defense, 10th in points per game and points allowed. They allowed the second most plays, allowed the fifth most yards per game and were in the middle of the pack on third down percentage even though it seemed they were always giving up a long pass on third down.

Bradford, Sanchez and ?. Sproles, Murray and Mathews. Matthews, Huff, Agholor, Austin and Cooper. Celek, Ertz and Burton. Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Barbre, Johnson, Tobin and Gardner.

The offense was fifth overall, third in points per game and total points, had the most plays per game, fifth in yards per game and ninth in third down percentage. There were issues and injuries on the OL and with the QBs. Kelly remade the unit by changing the running style and adding depth. Offense is Kelly's strength and the odds are that this unit will still be good enough with lots of room to grow.

The puzzle is the OL and the question is QB. Why didn't they address the OL? Everything starts there. Bringing back Sanchez for two years would tell me that Kelly thinks he can do the job but paying Bradford $13 mil says he has to be considered The Man if he's healthy enough.

I've read that 2014 is a rebuilding year for the Eagles. ILB and RB tells me Kelly's going for it. I don't think it's 'all in', but I believe Kelly thinks he can do it.

And, oh ... Alonso must be happy to be in Philadelphia. Not only because he's reunited with his college coach, but his brother, Carlos plays second base for the Phils in Reading ... at least did until he tore his knee.
mcnabbulous
I think our offensive upgrades are going to go a long way towards helping our defense. The 2nd most plays allowed stat ties directly to our 3 and out issues, which I expect to be much improved.

That, along with the talent upgrades on defense, make us a much better team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.