Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foles: 2013 vs 2014
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This was found on PFF and linked from here.
Foles faced pressure on 33.3% of his snaps in 2014. The NFL average was 33.4%. He also faced pressure on 34.3% of his dropbacks in 2013.

Foles actually wasn't terrible when pressured. PFF graded him just below the NFL average. Believe it or not, Foles was actually way worse when he faced no pressure at all. Only seven NFL quarterbacks finished with a worse grade.

Foles finished with a below average grade when not facing a blitz. Only 12 quarterbacks were worse, including Mark Sanchez.
nephillymike
His problem was that he had horrible mechanics.

I can't believe they couldn't correct them.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 25 2015, 06:35 PM) *
His problem was that he had horrible mechanics.

I can't believe they couldn't correct them.

His problem is that he has poor mechanics and bad pocket presence. The first one could be corrected, but I'm not sure his terrible throwing motion (like loading a civil war era musket) could have been fixed. His poor pocket presence is a mental thing and I'm not sure that's fixable.

All in all, 2013 was a mirage. He was good enough to take advantage of the way defenses were defending us, but like Vick in 2010, when the defenses made adjustments, Nick proved who he was.
ChipSucks
QUOTE (Zero @ May 25 2015, 03:51 PM) *
This was found on PFF and linked from here.

The main issue Foles had was KELLY decided he wanted to have Foles play QB while being micromanaged. Im not joking. Watch Foles play during his amazing season and you'll see a freedom to do what he feels is the best choice without having to overthink things to ensure he is doing what KELLY wants him to do . And compare that successful freethinking season Foles had against his most recent season which he had a hard time. It's easy to see that KELLY and his ego destroyed Foles and took away the thing that made him successful which was the ability to make decisions on his own and make the throws and plays he feels are best.
Zero
QUOTE (ChipSucks @ Jun 20 2015, 09:11 PM) *
The main issue Foles had was KELLY decided he wanted to have Foles play QB while being micromanaged. Im not joking. Watch Foles play during his amazing season and you'll see a freedom to do what he feels is the best choice without having to overthink things to ensure he is doing what KELLY wants him to do . And compare that successful freethinking season Foles had against his most recent season which he had a hard time. It's easy to see that KELLY and his ego destroyed Foles and took away the thing that made him successful which was the ability to make decisions on his own and make the throws and plays he feels are best.

Are you arguing that a QB should be able to do what he wants to do rather than to work within a system?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 21 2015, 06:32 AM) *
Are you arguing that a QB should be able to do what he wants to do rather than to work within a system?

Did Foles say to Let Me Be Me?? wink.gif
Zero
Was that a Beatles song? biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 21 2015, 09:07 AM) *

I happened to catch "A Football Life" on NFL Network yesterday about Randall Cunningham.

A good show. Worth the watch and the sad reminiscing about what could have been.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Jun 21 2015, 09:07 AM) *

I happened to catch "A Football Life" on NFL Network yesterday about Randall Cunningham.

A good show. Worth the watch and the sad reminiscing about what could have been.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.