Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eskin had some bad news re: Bradford this morning
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He says that he hears that the Eagles would not be surprised if Bradford is not ready to play in any preseason games.

WTF!!!!????

Have I been asleep at the wheel and this has been talked about as being a probability?

I did not hear this!

Last I heard, they thought he would be ready early in training camp.

That would really complicate things.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 24 2015, 09:34 AM) *
He says that he hears that the Eagles would not be surprised if Bradford is not ready to play in any preseason games.

WTF!!!!????

Have I been asleep at the wheel and this has been talked about as being a probability?

I did not hear this!

Last I heard, they thought he would be ready early in training camp.

That would really complicate things.

I'm sure Chip's people are taking the path they want to. Remember, they have all the sports sci-fi dudes, so I'm sure whatever happens is according to plan.

Besides, if the two options are rushing him back or waiting longer than needed for healing, I'll take the latter.

Just trying to be optimistic here.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 23 2015, 07:57 PM) *
I'm sure Chip's people are taking the path they want to. Remember, they have all the sports sci-fi dudes, so I'm sure whatever happens is according to plan.

Besides, if the two options are rushing him back or waiting longer than needed for healing, I'll take the latter.

Just trying to be optimistic here.

What were your expectations?

This hit me like a ton of bricks.
samaroo
I don't really know that I had any. I knew he was in the last stages of recovery-and-rehab mode, and that he wasn't 100% yet. I don't think I'd heard any timelines for return other than "preseason-ish."

My concerns about Bradford (other than him getting hurt again!) are mostly upstairs. He might be a little gun-shy, but that doesn't seem to be his MO. Rather, I want to hear that he's picking up all the nuances of the system, getting on the same page as the WRs, learning all the reads, etc. I don't doubt that Ol' Knees can beat out Sanchez with a shortened offseason. He should still be the better QB.

Or maybe I'm deluding myself!

*clicks heels*
There's no quarterback like Sam. There's no quarterback like Sam.
nephillymike
I think if anyone needs in game practice, it is him. He needs to get the injury ghosts out. He can't do that in practice, IMO.

Without that, it's train on the job and sadly, I think Sanchez after a full training camp and preseason is better than Bradford training on the job.

Without that, Sanchez doesn't lose the job and probably plays well enough to keep it, but not well enough to get us where we need to go.
samaroo
Oh, Ol' Knees definitely needs to get the rust knocked off! That's for sure. I just think I'd rather have Sam starting with a short offseason than Sanchez with a full one, that's all.

The things I've read about Bradford make it sound like he's a tough kid, and a competitor, both traits that I would think wouldn't lend themselves to the "Gun Shy QB Syndrome," or Kolbulitus, as it's known. It's possible, but he seems to be wired right, from what I've read, anyway.

If Sanchez has to start early in the season, I don't think he'll hold the job long. Unless Slingin' Sammy is just terrible or scared at practice. Either way, if that's the case, we have way bigger problems in Philly!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 23 2015, 10:45 PM) *
I think if anyone needs in game practice, it is him. He needs to get the injury ghosts out. He can't do that in practice, IMO.

Without that, it's train on the job and sadly, I think Sanchez after a full training camp and preseason is better than Bradford training on the job.

Without that, Sanchez doesn't lose the job and probably plays well enough to keep it, but not well enough to get us where we need to go.
Agree he needs reps and some 'live' action but he's here for the long haul and I'd be happier if they are overly cautious getting him back on the field rather than getting him hurt again.
JeeQ
You still haven't been paying attention Mikey...

Birdman420
Omg that cartoon made me cry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.