Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo Sammy
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
What takes you to Japan? How long have you there for?
samaroo
I'm stationed here right now. Got here in '12. Went to San Diego for a year. Been back here since last June. Supposed to leave in 2017, hopefully back to Jacksonville. It's expensive to pay a mortgage for an empty house! biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 22 2015, 07:26 PM) *
I'm stationed here right now. Got here in '12. Went to San Diego for a year. Been back here since last June. Supposed to leave in 2017, hopefully back to Jacksonville. It's expensive to pay a mortgage for an empty house! biggrin.gif

Military duty?
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 23 2015, 09:48 AM) *
Military duty?

Yep. Good ol' US Navy. 14 years in November.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 22 2015, 08:14 PM) *
Yep. Good ol' US Navy. 14 years in November.

Great. Good luck.

We'll leave the light on for you no matter what hour of the day you check in!!
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 23 2015, 10:26 AM) *
Great. Good luck.

We'll leave the light on for you no matter what hour of the day you check in!!

Ha! Thanks for that! I usually check in after work slows down in the morning, and see the flood of respnses, which is cool.

Then, nothing for the rest of the day...

It's good, though! Gotta spread the Good Word of the Bird around the world! Kanpai! cheers.gif

Coincidentally, on our deployments, we frequently stop in South Korea, which is a FANTASTIC place to get jerseys. Customs, throwbacks, modern, any sport. Even have the "authentic" tags. You have to look real close to tell if they're real or not. And the most expensive ones are like $30-$35! So I got that going for me.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 22 2015, 08:42 PM) *
Ha! Thanks for that! I usually check in after work slows down in the morning, and see the flood of respnses, which is cool.

Then, nothing for the rest of the day...

It's good, though! Gotta spread the Good Word of the Bird around the world! Kanpai! cheers.gif

Coincidentally, on our deployments, we frequently stop in South Korea, which is a FANTASTIC place to get jerseys. Customs, throwbacks, modern, any sport. Even have the "authentic" tags. You have to look real close to tell if they're real or not. And the most expensive ones are like $30-$35! So I got that going for me.

$35 for an authentic?

Damn! I think my new Dawk jersey was over $200!
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 23 2015, 10:56 AM) *
$35 for an authentic?

Damn! I think my new Dawk jersey was over $200!

Yeah man, it's one of the plusses. I got a throwback Clemson jersey (for the wife), two custom kids jerseys (for the kids), a throwback Tommy McDonald jersy (for my dad), a home Dawk (for my brother) and a powder-blue throwback Mike Schmidt, black Dawk and throwback home Randall jersey for myself last year. Total ran me about $340. All done in a few days, too.

We're supposed to be heading back in a few months. Gotta stock up again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.