Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check Out This Barkley Q & A
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/05/...arkleys-future/

That's a damn good question if I so say so myself! biggrin.gif
samaroo
Yeah, I think he was a great pick when we got him. He was potential 1st round talent in the 4th! But the cacophonous silence surrounding that kid doesn't sound good. I don't put much stock in the game film on him, because he's been thrown haphazardly into all the action he's seen, and doesn't have the starter reps at practice to be comfortable, so to me, that's understandable. But the fact that he isn't getting any reps says a lot.

I think he's an afterthought on this team right now. He's here until he gets beat out by somebody better. I mean, if you can't win a 3rd string job over Tebow...wow. Start building furniture, or something.
Joegrane
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 22 2015, 07:41 PM) *
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/05/...arkleys-future/

That's a damn good question if I so say so myself! biggrin.gif

If Barkley was originally Chip's guy, he still has a chance. If he originally was a "value pick" by Howie, Barkley will have to obviously outperform Tebow.

As the author pointed out, the resigning of Sanchez at a much higher price than Barkley is another indication.

For what it is worth I like Barkley better than Mike Kafka, the 4th rounder in 2010.
samaroo
Yeah, but I liked Kafka coming out. Thought that was s decent pick. I really want to see G.J. make the squad, though.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 22 2015, 07:24 PM) *
Yeah, but I liked Kafka coming out. Thought that was s decent pick. I really want to see G.J. make the squad, though.

Didn't they say Kinnie was done at QB, that he is trying to make it at another position?
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 23 2015, 09:49 AM) *
Didn't they say Kinnie was done at QB, that he is trying to make it at another position?

Yeah, I read that, too. WR, wasn't it? He just seems like a good dude with a cool story. He's one of those guys I just generally want good things for.

Maybe he's the safety we've been looking for!
Eyrie
There was also a suggestion that Kinne could contribute on STs.

I wonder if he could end up being the QB on a two point conversion?
nephillymike
I just watched Thursday's Quick Slants on Comcast and Derrick Gunn said that you can tell that Barkley is very frustrated and that it comes out in his discussions in the locker room.

That's not good.

I did hear once that last year some reported that Kinnie was playing better than Barkley in practice.

Still, I can't imagine him not being a better option than Tebow.

Especially when you consider that to make Tebow an option for a spot role, he would have to suit up on the active list, and the increased likelihood our #3 sees time based on our #1's injury history.

Maybe we swap him with EJ Manuel?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 23 2015, 06:36 AM) *
Still, I can't imagine him not being a better option than Tebow.

As the resident optimystic, DKD I'm not ruling Tebow out until we see how he does. I've never been a fan of his but you have to admit he's a good athlete that is extremely dedicated. If he's spent two years working with tutors to improve his mechanics and throwing motion, and if Kelly thinks he is worthy of signing then I have to think there could be a possibility for a light at the end of his tunnel.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 23 2015, 06:25 AM) *
As the resident optimystic, DKD I'm not ruling Tebow out until we see how he does. I've never been a fan of his but you have to admit he's a good athlete that is extremely dedicated. If he's spent two years working with tutors to improve his mechanics and throwing motion, and if Kelly thinks he is worthy of signing then I have to think there could be a possibility for a light at the end of his tunnel.

I'm just the opposite.

While I never thought he was a 1st round talent, I was a fan of his and wanted him to do real well, but after watching him I just don't think he has anywhere near the accuracy needed. I hope he does well here. I don't think he'll ever be a viable starter or top of the line backup, but if they do find use for him on ST to stay on the active 46, they could use his running ability for the read option to extend the run out the clock options. Remember how we ran the ball down GB's throat a few years ago when we had the lead. As long as Tebow has improved his accuracy to be decent, he can be the QB who they will have to respect in order to run the ball a lot down in the end of games. As long as he can make them pay with his arm if they crowd the line, then he might be useful. If he misses wide open WR's like he did in the past, he won't be any use to us.

If nothing else, it's another interesting story line.
samaroo
If Kinne has looked better than Barkley, and if Barkley's head isn't right, it would seem that GJ has the inside track. Tebow is definitely a hell of an athelete, for sure. But a terrible QB. He would've had to improve A LOT to become a viable option in the NFL, even just to run out the clock. If I'm DC and Tebow comes out, I'm putting 10 in the box.

Conversely, if you're looking for a decent runner at QB to do that, GJ seems at least as likely. Plus, he's been in the system from the beginning. That dude's an athelete, too. And enough of a QB that he's at least been in the league since the whole time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.