Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An interesting view on Chip's roster moves
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
samaroo
Pretty interesting take on Chip's roster moves. He makes a bunch of good points (and some weird ones.) Basically he says smarts and versatility are key attributes for the Chipster, which seems fairly obvious. But the supposed master plan is very intriguing. And it seems to be completely in line with the way Chip seems to think.

Here's the article. It's a good read. Let me know what you guys think.
Zero
There's little doubt that Kelly is shaking up the NFL protocol. He doesn't care how things have been done, he is more interested in how things can be improved. This is why this, and to an extent next season are so intriguing and why I'm so excited. Can he do it? Will his innovation work?
slip
The article's premise is intriguing. Having interchangeable players at linebacker and CB positions as to disguise your scheme by not reacting to motion or formation. It makes sense that Chip would want the type of players he's assembled. Definitely need an intelligent linebacker at the Mike. If this article's theory is true it just blows my mind. Is it genius or foolishness? ohmy.gif Damn! Football season needs to start already!!! I want to see this in action!!
nephillymike
Great stuff Sammy.

Thanks,

I think the jack of all trades guys theory works better on defense because you always have to react to the offense's moves. Would it get to the point when opposing offenses put the TE in motion to get an easy tell if we're in man or zone, and we just send nobody in motion with him (advertizing zone) and then make an adjustment and go to man b/c of interchangeable parts and confuse the hell out of everyone.

on offense, I think we do the dictating and the pace helps our cause so I think pure skil is the way to go there and build your depth for different skill types (ie Sproles as 3rd down back, as opposed to have three Sproleslike backs)
nephillymike
Great stuff Sammy.

Thanks,

I think the jack of all trades guys theory works better on defense because you always have to react to the offense's moves. Would it get to the point when opposing offenses put the TE in motion to get an easy tell if we're in man or zone, and we just send nobody in motion with him (advertizing zone) and then make an adjustment and go to man b/c of interchangeable parts and confuse the hell out of everyone.

on offense, I think we do the dictating and the pace helps our cause so I think pure skil is the way to go there and build your depth for different skill types (ie Sproles as 3rd down back, as opposed to have three Sproleslike backs)
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 21 2015, 08:56 AM) *
Great stuff Sammy.

Thanks,

So nice you said it twice!

I agree about the difference between O and D. But I think the philosophy stays the same, if the execution of it differs some.

Your point on the D staying put to confuse the O sounds smart. I know it's been tried differently before (zone blitz, amoeba D, et al.) but I don't think that thinking has been used as the basis for a defense before to this potential level.

On O, if you have a bunch of jack of all trades (JoAT's, from now on!), you can dictate that confusion. Have a bunch formation where anyone can run any route. Have the RB off-set and have him run the WR route, the WR run the TE/Slot route, and the TE run the RB route, whatever. I think the philosophy is the same, just implemented differently.

If nothing else, having Chip here makes the off-season more interesting. It's a lot easier to make up our own stories to talk about because everything is in play with this guy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.