Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All this about Cooper ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
It looks like Kelly is hedging his bets on Cooper. His cap hit falls as of June and:
Bailey, Rasheed WR 6-2 205
Davis, Devante WR 6-3 215
Harris, John WR 6-2 218

If Cooper doesn't perform and one of those guys steps it up in TC, Cooper as the fourth receiver doesn't cut it. Matthews, Huff, Agholor? All of those guys are young and still have questions - Harris and Davis have gotten some good reviews for UDFA. Shady may be running out of material.
Eyrie
I don't think anyone will be upset if Cooper gets beaten out.

The key players here will be Austin and Huff who will be his main competition for the #3 and #4 spots, assuming that Agholor can start opposite Mathews. The UDFAs and Ajirotutu are here mainly for STs.
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 13 2015, 03:58 AM) *
I don't think anyone will be upset if Cooper gets beaten out.

The key players here will be Austin and Huff who will be his main competition for the #3 and #4 spots, assuming that Agholor can start opposite Mathews. The UDFAs and Ajirotutu are here mainly for STs.

I've been reading a lot about our new WR's, especially Bailey. Man, they sound great in all these write-ups. First round talent as an UDFA! What steals!

Really, it would be nice if one of them works out to be our #4. And having 6'2" WR's make jump balls is a nice thing for a QB to have, especially in the RZ. I'd love for 2013 Cooper to show back up, but am not counting on it.

Bailey gets voted OROY. Tis the season for unbridled optimism!
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 13 2015, 03:05 AM) *
I've been reading a lot about our new WR's, especially Bailey. Man, they sound great in all these write-ups. First round talent as an UDFA! What steals!

Really, it would be nice if one of them works out to be our #4. And having 6'2" WR's make jump balls is a nice thing for a QB to have, especially in the RZ. I'd love for 2013 Cooper to show back up, but am not counting on it.

Bailey gets voted OROY. Tis the season for unbridled optimism!

I don't see the point to being a sports fan without unbridled optimism biggrin.gif

But I stopped getting excited about UDFAs when The Prophet didn't live up to Bill Walsh's billing ohmy.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 14 2015, 03:14 AM) *
I don't see the point to being a sports fan without unbridled optimism biggrin.gif

But I stopped getting excited about UDFAs when The Prophet didn't live up to Bill Walsh's billing ohmy.gif

???
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 14 2015, 12:22 AM) *
???

And that is a sad reflection of how he didn't fulfil our hopes.

Elijah Thurmon - must be ten or fifteen years ago that we were all excited about his potential. Don't think he even made the practice squad.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 14 2015, 12:45 PM) *
And that is a sad reflection of how he didn't fulfil our hopes.

Elijah Thurmon - must be ten or fifteen years ago that we were all excited about his potential. Don't think he even made the practice squad.

Bwah!!

Good recall Eyrie!

We should start a late draft pick/UDFA players who we thought would be something but weren't thread:

I will see your Prophet and raise you one

Jeremy Bloom.

Anyone going to ante up or are you all folding faster than Eyrie holding up a tent on a windy day??
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 15 2015, 01:03 AM) *
Bwah!!

Good recall Eyrie!

We should start a late draft pick/UDFA players who we thought would be something but weren't thread:

I will see your Prophet and raise you one

Jeremy Bloom.

Anyone going to ante up or are you all folding faster than Eyrie holding up a tent on a windy day??

Now I know this thread is going downhill #groan
samaroo
Wow, Eyrie, good memory.

This isn't going back far, but I had relatively high hopes for Momah. He was UDFA, right?
nephillymike
DE John Frank
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 16 2015, 01:45 AM) *
DE John Frank

I'll raise you with another DE - Raheem Brock.

Seventh round pick who never even signed for us, which makes him a very bad choice.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 16 2015, 05:30 AM) *
I'll raise you with another DE - Raheem Brock.

Seventh round pick who never even signed for us, which makes him a very bad choice.

OK, I see your Raheem Brock.

That's a decent raise to the pot.

I will re raise with Jake, "don't call me Jack" Ikegwuonu, DB 4th rounder with, you guessed it, "1st round talent". 4th rounder is on the border of eligibility for our chat but I thought he was worthy of mention.

BTW, not sure if you remember why Brock didn't sign here. He was a 7th round pick who the Eagles didn't offer him the size SB that the other 7th round picks were getting who were drafted near him. It was a low amount, maybe 10-12K or so if I remember, and I think we would only pay him 7K. He told low ball Joe to forget it and ended up having a very successful career in INdy where he was a very good, borderline PB player for them. (Not sure if he made the PB or was an alternate).

He is a Temple guy and keeps ties with Temple and he was a client of ours when he lived on Delaware Ave years ago. A good guy. Always had a special spot in my heart because he told Low Ball Joe to shove it!!
Eyrie
A fourth round pick is touch and go - didn't he have a knee issue coming out of college which was why he fell?

I think Cornelius Ingram was another in that situation.

Brock got lowballed because he didn't sign early enough and there wasn't enough left in the rookie pot after we'd agreed a longer deal with Sheldon Brown. 2002 was some draft (Shepperd, Brown, Lewis, Westbrook, Brock) and if repeated regularly it would give the draft picks real value as opposed to the hope value they carry at present..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.