Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gentlemen, Sharpen Your Pencils
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

Give me your 53 roster, your 45 actives on game day and your 10 practice squad player predictions.

I know, I know!

It's only May 11th!

WTF else are we going to do, watch the Phillies??
nephillymike
Here's one man's opinion:

QB (3) - Bradford, Sanchez, Barkley
RB (3) - Murray, Mathews, Sproles
WR (5) - Matthews, Cooper, Algholar, Austin, Huff
TE (3) - Celek, Ertz, Burton
OT (3) - Peters, Johnson, Gardner
OG (4) - Mathis, Barbre, Tobin, Andrews
OC (2) - Kelce, Molk

DE (4) - Cox,Thornton, Curry, Bair
DT (2) - Logan, Allen
ILB (6) - Ryans, Kendricks, Alonzo, Hicks, Jones, Goode
OLB (4) - Barwin, Graham, Long, Braman
CB (7) - Maxwell, Thurmond, Rowe, Boykin, Carroll, Watkins, Shepherd
S (4) - Jenkins, Wolff, Maragos, Prosinski

K - Parkey
P - Jones
LS - Dorenbos
Last guy on roster = CB Shepherd

Practice Squad (I think they are all eligible, not 100% positive, tricky language)

QB (1) - Kinne
RB (2) - Barner, Tucker
WR (2) - Pratt, Bailey
OL (2) - Boyko ©, Coccia (G)
DE (1) - Mihalik
DT (1) - Killikippi
DB (1) - Evans

Braman, Maragos, Prozinski stay because of ST talent. It also helps LB Jones.

Notable Cuts
Tebow, Maehl, Graf, Kelly, T. Hart, M. Smith, Acho, Reynolds, Biggars

Other Cuts
WR - Ajirototo, Harris
OL - Gleichart, Tukes, Vanderwelde, Manhart, Bunche
DL - Mays,
LB - Dewalt, Hepburn
DB - Couplin, Rice
P/K - K. Smith

I think this illustrates our need to trade an ILB for a WR or OL and maybe even a DB for the same. Our OL depth isn't impressive as Gardner, Tobin, Andrews and Molk showed weak, and our WR corps could use improvement. Wouldn't be against an upgrade over Barkley if they are that sure he doesn't fit, which I have no idea why that is.
(BTW, look for the answer to this question coming soon on Eagles 24/7!!)

One thing not accounted for is the normal two real IR's and the two fake IR's that will shield some guys from going elsewhere.

No sense signing a 4th RB as we don't have enough football for the three we have.

I went with only 5 WR, which is light, but can't find a spot for Maehle at the expense of a talented DB.

Dreagon
I'm sorta thinking Tebow instead of Barkley. Chip hasn't done anything to show he has a lot of interest in Barkley, while Tebow gives him the ability to play with things a little.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 14 2015, 07:24 PM) *
I'm sorta thinking Tebow instead of Barkley. Chip hasn't done anything to show he has a lot of interest in Barkley, while Tebow gives him the ability to play with things a little.

Agreed.

Also not entirely sure Cooper makes it through the summer.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 14 2015, 09:07 PM) *
Agreed.

Also not entirely sure Cooper makes it through the summer.

I don't think he gets beat out by the guys that I have cut or on the PS. His cut will have to come from elsewhere IMO.
Zero
Probably nit picking, but I think Harris to PS over Bailey.

Looking at the roster in terms of proven players it's not bad but will have a tough time taking the division. Looking at potential (which includes health concerns) I'm very excited particularly at the defenses improvement but the offense should be improved assuming Bradford stays on the field, particularly in the RZ.

I hate to say this, but Dallas has a very good roster assuming social issues are kept in toe. I think they'll have a less effective running game and Romo being a year older with that back could be a problem. Both the Giants and Redskins have improved and the Giants always worry me after a down year or so. Having DJax running his mouth will keep those games interesting ... division games should be fun this year.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 15 2015, 02:01 AM) *
Here's one man's opinion:

QB (3) - Bradford, Sanchez, Barkley
RB (3) - Murray, Mathews, Sproles
WR (6) - Matthews, Cooper, Algholar, Austin, Huff, Ajirototo
TE (3) - Celek, Ertz, Burton
OT (3) - Peters, Johnson, Gardner
OG (4) - Mathis, Barbre, Tobin, Andrews
OC (2) - Kelce, Molk

DE (5) - Cox,Thornton, Curry, Mihalik,Bair
DT (2) - Logan, Allen
ILB (5) - Ryans, Kendricks, Alonzo, Hicks, Jones
OLB (4) - Barwin, Graham, Smith, Braman
CB (5) - Maxwell, Thurmond, Rowe, Boykin, Shepherd
S (5) - Jenkins, Wolff, Watkins, Maragos, Prosinski

K - Parkey
P - Jones
LS - Dorenbos

My changes in bold - Ajirototo/Maehl, Smith and Mihalik make the team at the expense of Long, Goode and Carroll, and I've moved Watkins to S. That said, both S and G/C look weak to me.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 15 2015, 05:13 AM) *
Probably nit picking, but I think Harris to PS over Bailey.

Looking at the roster in terms of proven players it's not bad but will have a tough time taking the division. Looking at potential (which includes health concerns) I'm very excited particularly at the defenses improvement but the offense should be improved assuming Bradford stays on the field, particularly in the RZ.

I hate to say this, but Dallas has a very good roster assuming social issues are kept in toe. I think they'll have a less effective running game and Romo being a year older with that back could be a problem. Both the Giants and Redskins have improved and the Giants always worry me after a down year or so. Having DJax running his mouth will keep those games interesting ... division games should be fun this year.

I think that there were three differences between us and DAL last year and all are gone:

#1 - if we play their schedule and they play ours, we get to the playoffs, they don't
#2 - if we have just average CB's, we win that game at home and we go to the playoffs and they don't
#3 - we had our backup QB in there for most of the year, a guy with all time low passer ratings prior to coming here. Romo did not miss near as many games. A lower amount of games played by our backup QB and we're in the playoffs.

My baseline is that we were the better team last year. We've improved that lot with getting their RB and some of our offseason moves.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 14 2015, 06:24 PM) *

I agree with you. I hope he continues to improve as time goes on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.