Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brady suspended
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
The NFL announced Monday that Tom Brady has been suspended without pay for four games for violating the NFL policy on the integrity of the game. The team will also be fined $1 million and will forfeit a 2016 first rounder and 2017 fourth-round selection in the NFL Draft.

LINC
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ May 11 2015, 06:14 PM) *

The million isn't shit. The first round pick in 2016 is --- even though it will probably be the 32 pick in the draft rolleyes.gif --- and a 4th in 2017. A 4 game suspension isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe now the NFL will decide to, ya know, not give teams the opportunity to fuck around with the game balls.

By the way, did anyone hear their tight end committed murder? Surely not as bad as deflating footballs, but still...

Zero
I'm glad the team was penalized even though this is a relatively unimportant thing. The Pats have been caught cheating again, which to me shows a general disregard for rules. I agree that the NFL has culpability and that other QBs and other teams do similar things, but when a transgressor is made public there needs to be a penalty. When the team is a repeat offender the punishment needs to be severe.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ May 11 2015, 07:15 PM) *
I'm glad the team was penalized even though this is a relatively unimportant thing. The Pats have been caught cheating again, which to me shows a general disregard for rules. I agree that the NFL has culpability and that other QBs and other teams do similar things, but when a transgressor is made public there needs to be a penalty. When the team is a repeat offender the punishment needs to be severe.

jumpclap.gif
Yep what Z said. Like the saying goes, it's only cheating if you get caught.

SAM I Am
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
nephillymike
Four games is what I would have done.

The $1M, OK with that.

Thought a lost 1st would be fitting. Didn't expect a 4th on top of that but am OK with it.

Part of me says those fucking cheating bastards stole our SB win so fuck em.

Part of me says that I would guess that 25% of the teams do the same thing with the balls either above or below the "legal" limit.

But hey, only those that get caught do the time.

Brady should have some class and tell the truth

All in all, a good job by John Harbaugh alerting the NFL to it after his game which he lost by a few points. As a former coach on our team that got cheated out of a SB, at least one of our guys were able to stick it to those bastards!

Good job John!
Dreagon
I'm actually sort of surprised he got punished at all, but I'm glad he did. When you take the evidence in context, it's more than obvious Brady knew about it and was in on it. The problem was there was no proverbial "smoking gun" piece so I figure Goodall would use that as excuse to say bad things were probably done but not punish anybody. He and Kraft are awfully tight.

And to be honest, I'm still skeptical that this isn't just kabuki on their part...giving Goodall the opportunity to look like he would actually do something, but fully intending to lighten the punishment on appeal for the very excuses given above.

I guess we'll see.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ May 12 2015, 02:28 PM) *
I'm actually sort of surprised he got punished at all, but I'm glad he did. When you take the evidence in context, it's more than obvious Brady knew about it and was in on it. The problem was there was no proverbial "smoking gun" piece so I figure Goodall would use that as excuse to say bad things were probably done but not punish anybody. He and Kraft are awfully tight.

And to be honest, I'm still skeptical that this isn't just kabuki on their part...giving Goodall the opportunity to look like he would actually do something, but fully intending to lighten the punishment on appeal for the very excuses given above.

I guess we'll see.

D,

Upon further review, I would definitely be Ok on appeal if they lessened his suspension to three games.

Seems like the right thing to do. devil03.gif
Zero
I don't really care if he's suspended. I think the organizational penalty is the relevant one. They are appearing to have a 'culture' of disregard for rules. I suspect this comes from Belichick, his 'competitiveness' and his 'innovation.'

I was a bit dismayed to hear Missanelli talking today, saying that we all cheat every day. Huh? Maybe he does. Maybe he pays for the less expensive broccoli and takes the more expensive strain but I don't. Have the morals of our society become so irrelevant that we not only accept breaking the rules as the norm but go so far as to endorse it?
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 12 2015, 07:09 PM) *
D,

Upon further review, I would definitely be Ok on appeal if they lessened his suspension to three games.

Seems like the right thing to do. devil03.gif

lol!

Actually, I'm betting it gets reduced to two games myself.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 12 2015, 07:47 PM) *
I don't really care if he's suspended. I think the organizational penalty is the relevant one. They are appearing to have a 'culture' of disregard for rules. I suspect this comes from Belichick, his 'competitiveness' and his 'innovation.'

I was a bit dismayed to hear Missanelli talking today, saying that we all cheat every day. Huh? Maybe he does. Maybe he pays for the less expensive broccoli and takes the more expensive strain but I don't. Have the morals of our society become so irrelevant that we not only accept breaking the rules as the norm but go so far as to endorse it?

I didn't hear Mikey Miss today. I'm skeptical and I do think that cheating is rampant in sports. My guess is there are other QB's who do what Brady did.

A guy I pitched with in college had a relative who played MLB. Everyone here would have heard of him so I'll keep him unnamed. His relative who played on my team would have all these "tricks" on how to mark a baseball to make it to different things. Make cut marks with a sharpened and painted old fashioned soda tab that you keep in the webbing of your glove and the ball really moves. Throw an 85 mph sinking fastball that would normally sink and move in six inches, and voila!, you have a nasty sinking fastball that drops and cuts in over twice that. When I relieved him in a game, I would always have to look at the balls and if I couldn't get them out of the game without being too obvious, would have to adjust my pitching style to account for the greater break.

Norm Cash admitted to corking his bat in his greatest season, 1961. Gaylord Perry is in the Hall. The Patriots have many Super Bowl wins, and last year may have been their only legit one. We had the steroids in both football and baseball. We had Lance Armstrong, Rafael Palmero, Roger Clemmons, Andy Petite, A-Rod. Not only the cheating but the blatant lies and denials

My expectation of professional athletes is so low that nothing surprises me.

I miss the days when I was a naive young boy who thought otherwise.
nephillymike
AJ Feeley chimes in with some more damning evidence:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/13/form...943574282022044
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 14 2015, 09:13 AM) *
AJ Feeley chimes in with some more damning evidence:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/13/form...943574282022044

That is an odd thing to say now. 11 years later?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.