Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Bradford our version of Drew Brees?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
As Chip Kelly had said after the Sam Bradford trade:"I think he's got an outstanding skill set. He's a big, strong, physical quarterback. He's over 6-4, he's 240 pounds, he's smart, he's intelligent. He's one of the most accurate throwers when you see him throw the football. I think he's smart; I think he's wired right. We had some inside information because Pat Shurmur had an opportunity to coach him for a year and he understands how hes wired. Hes an unbelievable competitor

Both had rather debilitating injuries that put to question whether they could continue in the sport. While ACLs are rough, as Chip has said, you don't need your legs nearly as much as your arms/shoulders for a QB (and your intelligence on the field), and the injury Brees took to his shoulder was substantial.

LINC
nephillymike
Good comparison, although Brees' injury was worse.

The offense we run however, puts more emphasis on Bradford's running ability as opposed to traditional offenses, so the knees are more of an issue here than elsewhere but even given that Brees' shoulder was a bigger concern.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 11 2015, 08:06 PM) *
Good comparison, although Brees' injury was worse.

The offense we run however, puts more emphasis on Bradford's running ability as opposed to traditional offenses, so the knees are more of an issue here than elsewhere but even given that Brees' shoulder was a bigger concern.

With that said, even if we have an 80% version of Brees (in this offense) I think we will be very successful.
samaroo
QUOTE (Phits @ May 12 2015, 09:25 AM) *
With that said, even if we have an 80% version of Brees (in this offense) I think we will be very successful.

I think most teams would take 80% Brees, us included. I wish we coulda won the MM Sweepstakes Spectacular, but I must say, I'm fairly excited to see what Bradford can do here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.