Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cole Hamels on Working out with Tim Tebow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Joegrane
Cole Hamels describes working out with Tebow. He has surprisingly good things to say.
http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-philadel...fan-cole-hamels

If it is true, I bet we'll have a new #3 QB.
american_champion
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 8 2015, 10:59 AM) *
Cole Hamels describes working out with Tebow. He has surprisingly good things to say.
http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-philadel...fan-cole-hamels

If it is true, I bet we'll have a new #3 QB.

Why does he have to be #3?.. Why can't Tim have a fair shot at competing for the starting job?.. Chip isn't stupid.. He knows that Tim forces defenses to play 11 on 11.. Chip also knows that Tim is an ultimate winner and leader.. I'm not saying as of now Tim should be starting.. But let's just see how things go before we put limits on a guy like Tim.. God Bless.

mcnabbulous
Go away
Eyrie
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 8 2015, 04:08 PM) *
Why does he have to be #3?.. Why can't Tim have a fair shot at competing for the starting job?.. Chip isn't stupid.. He knows that Tim forces defenses to play 11 on 11.. Chip also knows that Tim is an ultimate winner and leader.. I'm not saying as of now Tim should be starting.. But let's just see how things go before we put limits on a guy like Tim.. God Bless.

The biggest limit on Tebow is his ability on the field.
Joegrane
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 8 2015, 11:08 AM) *

I'm not a Tebow hater. Sure, he'll get an opportunity to compete--at least on paper.

It takes time to learn a new system .

Sanchez played well as a #2 last season and got a nice pay increase in the offseason. Short of a complete failure in the preseason, Tebow can't unseat Sanchez.

If Bradford's health is not adequate for game 1, Sanchez could be the temporary starter, but I don't see any way the $13 million dollar man isn't given a generous opportunity to see what he can do during the regular season. The birds need to decide what to do with him at the end of the year. They already know what Sanchez can do.

If the Bradford experiment fails, most likely due to continued health problems, and Tebow looks surprisingly good, the competition in 2016 could be interesting.
Endlessknight
I know I'm probably in the minority but I still believe in Matt Barkley. He would've been a top ten pick if he came out after his Jr. year and given that he's got a 2 year head start with the playbook I can't see Tebow beating him out.
D Rock
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 8 2015, 03:08 PM) *

Tim's only real problem is that . . . you know . . . he SUCKS!!!

Joegrane
QUOTE (Endlessknight @ May 8 2015, 05:02 PM) *
I know I'm probably in the minority but I still believe in Matt Barkley. He would've been a top ten pick if he came out after his Jr. year and given that he's got a 2 year head start with the playbook I can't see Tebow beating him out.

If I recall correctly Barkley looked decent in preseason last year. I recall one INT bouncing off the shoulder pad of a clueless receiver after a perfect touch-throw by Barkley.

However, Chip has to be dying for a QB to run HIS offense. If Tebow's accuracy has improved and he shows "upside", I like his chances to be #3.
Endlessknight
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 8 2015, 05:54 PM) *
If I recall correctly Barkley looked decent in preseason last year. I recall one INT bouncing off the shoulder pad of a clueless receiver after a perfect touch-throw by Barkley.

However, Chip has to be dying for a QB to run HIS offense. If Tebow's accuracy has improved and he shows "upside", I like his chances to be #3.

It'll be an interesting battle. I wonder if Chip would keep 4 QBs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 8 2015, 08:54 PM) *

I have asked numerous people that should be "in the know" about what was up with Barkley and Chip's rumored unhappiness with him and I have gotten zero replies back from anyone on this. Considering most times I get a courtesy reply from these media folks when I have contacted them in the past, it's odd that none of them would touch the subject.

All we hear is that Barkley is gone, Barkley's not an option etc.

I'm trying to find out why not??

No luck so far.
mcnabbulous
My guess is that Barkley is a Howie guy and that doesn't bode well for anyone these days.
american_champion
QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 8 2015, 04:27 PM) *
I'm not a Tebow hater. Sure, he'll get an opportunity to compete--at least on paper.

It takes time to learn a new system .

Sanchez played well as a #2 last season and got a nice pay increase in the offseason. Short of a complete failure in the preseason, Tebow can't unseat Sanchez.

If Bradford's health is not adequate for game 1, Sanchez could be the temporary starter, but I don't see any way the $13 million dollar man isn't given a generous opportunity to see what he can do during the regular season. The birds need to decide what to do with him at the end of the year. They already know what Sanchez can do.

If the Bradford experiment fails, most likely due to continued health problems, and Tebow looks surprisingly good, the competition in 2016 could be interesting.

I agree with most of your points..

I also want to see what Sam Bradford can do in a high paced Chip Kelly, Oklahoma style offense.. I think Bradford is an upgrade over Foles if he stays healthy..

I disagree on two points..

Chip Kelly's offense made Sanchez look a lot better than he really is.. You can put lipstick on a pig.. But at the end of the day.. It's still a pig you're waking up to.. And it showed against the quality teams during the 4 game losing streak.. I think Chip knows in his heart that Tim TeBow is the better football player..

However, Sanchez does know the system.. But I in no way think that secures the #2 job for him.. I don't think Chip listens to the pathetic, disgusting liberal media who make it their business to attack and demean Tim TeBow.. Chip will give Tim a fair shot.. And that's all Tim has ever asked for from the beginning.. God Bless.

nephillymike
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 9 2015, 08:09 PM) *
I agree with most of your points..

I also want to see what Sam Bradford can do in a high paced Chip Kelly, Oklahoma style offense.. I think Bradford is an upgrade over Foles if he stays healthy..

I disagree on two points..

Chip Kelly's offense made Sanchez look a lot better than he really is.. You can put lipstick on a pig.. But at the end of the day.. It's still a pig you're waking up to.. And it showed against the quality teams during the 4 game losing streak.. I think Chip knows in his heart that Tim TeBow is the better football player..

However, Sanchez does know the system.. But I in no way think that secures the #2 job for him.. I don't think Chip listens to the pathetic, disgusting liberal media who make it their business to attack and demean Tim TeBow.. Chip will give Tim a fair shot.. And that's all Tim has ever asked for from the beginning.. God Bless.

I would like to see Tebow do well. Unlike most others, I value his values and am not threatened by one less me first look at me player in the NFL.

However, he has been near the worst NFL QB I have seen in the last few years, if not the worst. He's got to grow leaps and bounds just to be an average passer. I can't imagine that being good enough for our needs.
american_champion
That QB you say has been so bad took a 1-4 team to the playoffs where they defeated the #1 rated defense in the NFL, The Pittsburgh Steelers.. TeBow completed 316 yards in the big bad NFL.. Tim led the Broncos to the AFC West Championship.. All in his rookie season as starting QB.. In the mighty NFL.. That's proven fact.. And no one can take that away from him.. Ever.. He's clutch.. He shows up when the lights are brightest.. Tim and Chip can bring a Lombardi Trophy to Philly.. God Bless.
mcnabbulous
Your boy completed 40% of his passes in his playoff appearance. He's a career 48% passer. He's straight trash.

Tebow seems like a decent dude, but he's a shit QB.

I was one of the few people here okay with our signing of Tebow. That was prior to realizing the ramifications of the Tebow brigade infiltrating our fanbase.

Stop starting Tebow threads, even veiled as something else. Stop bashing the guys who will inevitably beat him out for playing time and/or a position on the roster. He already got beat out for a job by Sanchez. It's inevitably going to happen again.

If God has sent Tim Tebow on a football mission, he clearly wants it conducted from the comforts of the bench. Hell, maybe he's trying to make sure he doesn't suffer any of those football brain injuries.
nephillymike
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 9 2015, 09:27 PM) *
That QB you say has been so bad took a 1-4 team to the playoffs where they defeated the #1 rated defense in the NFL, The Pittsburgh Steelers.. TeBow completed 316 yards in the big bad NFL.. Tim led the Broncos to the AFC West Championship.. All in his rookie season as starting QB.. In the mighty NFL.. That's proven fact.. And no one can take that away from him.. Ever.. He's clutch.. He shows up when the lights are brightest.. Tim and Chip can bring a Lombardi Trophy to Philly.. God Bless.

http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/profile

47.9%??

Do you really think that is acceptable?
JeeQ
Tebow is an A+ person, but a D+ quarterback... and I'm being generous
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ May 10 2015, 04:27 AM) *
Tebow is an A+ person, but a D+ quarterback... and I'm being generous

And it's that D+ which explains why we picked him up in FA after two years out of football and why he won't be a starting QB for us, let alone a star QB.
Zero
Chip has a record of being able to improve QBs which is likely why he signed an A+ highly athletic person who has been working hard to improve .... as a third stiring QB.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ May 10 2015, 11:49 AM) *
Chip has a record of being able to improve QBs which is likely why he signed an A+ highly athletic person who has been working hard to improve .... as a third stiring QB.

You're certainly stirring it if you think Tebow's an NFL-calibre QB tongue.gif
Zero
Hahaha. We'll see, tent pole man. blah.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ May 10 2015, 11:18 PM) *
Hahaha. We'll see, tent pole man. blah.gif

That tent pole could do a better job of throwing the ball than Tebow can! It certainly couldn't tackle ....
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 11 2015, 01:49 PM) *
That tent pole could do a better job of throwing the ball than Tebow can! It certainly couldn't tackle ....

I'm not arguing because I'm not a Tebow QB fan buy like most things this off season we'll see once they're on the field.
american_champion
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 9 2015, 10:56 PM) *
http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/profile

47.9%??

Do you really think that is acceptable?

Put it in the right context buddy... First off.. Can it be improved?.. Certainly.. He was in an offense that handcuffs the QB.. Denver was afraid to use TeBow as a playmaker at times.. Chip knows how to use a Tim TeBow..

After saying that.. I've seen Russell Wilson and others have games where they can't hit the side of a barn for most of the game.. But the key is.. Like Wilson.. TeBow doesn't turn the ball over and makes plays with his legs when the play breaks down.. Also, they both seem to light up in clutch moments at the end of games.. TeBow brings an added toughness to a offense and it takes a toll on defenses playing against a downhill approach with TeBow, Murray, Matthews etc.

Plus, Willis McGahee lead the leagues best rushing attack the year TeBow was QB.. Willis McGahee!.. Imagine a TeBow rushing offense with Murray, Matthews and Chip Kelly directing.. God Bless.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 11 2015, 01:27 PM) *
Put it in the right context buddy... First off.. Can it be improved?.. Certainly.. He was in an offense that handcuffs the QB.. Denver was afraid to use TeBow as a playmaker at times.. Chip knows how to use a Tim TeBow..

After saying that.. I've seen Russell Wilson and others have games where they can't hit the side of a barn for most of the game.. But the key is.. Like Wilson.. TeBow doesn't turn the ball over and makes plays with his legs when the play breaks down.. Also, they both seem to light up in clutch moments at the end of games.. TeBow brings an added toughness to a offense and it takes a toll on defenses playing against a downhill approach with TeBow, Murray, Matthews etc.

Plus, Willis McGahee lead the leagues best rushing attack the year TeBow was QB.. Willis McGahee!.. Imagine a TeBow rushing offense with Murray, Matthews and Chip Kelly directing.. God Bless.

Go away. You sound like a lunatic.
D Rock
He sounds like a jebus freak, pretending to be a reporter, while hiding a raging hard-on for a dogshit quarterback.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 8 2015, 11:15 AM) *
Go away

McNabbulous
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 12 2015, 07:04 AM) *
McNabbulous

Don't worry Jax, the feeling is mutual.
Christian_Cat
Here's how I look at it. Tebow is signed to a 1 year deal with the eagles at Veteran minimum salary. Chip Kelly sees something in him so he signed him to the team. Nothing wrong with that. Now if we go back to Tim's time in Denver, the team went 4-14 without Tebow starting, but was 8-6 with him as the starter. He can help win games. Overall, I think Tim will be an asset to the Eagles team.

nephillymike
We just traded a guy who was 14-4
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 13 2015, 10:13 AM) *
We just traded a guy who was 14-4

*Drops mic, walks off*
slip
All you Tebow haters are in denial. Just looking at the schedule you can easily predict where Tebow will become the starter. Bradford will go down in week 1 against Atlanta. Sanchez will start week 2 vs Dallas with 2 INT's and a fumble, will get trounced against the Jets in week 3. Tebow will take over late 3rd quarter of the Jets game and lead the Eagles to 11-5 record.
mcnabbulous
Fuck, they're reproducing. It's like the plague. Might as well just shut the board down.
D Rock
QUOTE (slip @ May 14 2015, 08:33 PM) *
All you Tebow haters are in denial.

All you Tebow knob schlobberers are the one's in denial. ANYBODY who thinks that AssHat is an actual NFL quality quarterback is a clueless fucking MORON.

Spew all your Tebow love wherever you like. Iggle fans however, know better. Dood is a JOKE of a quarterback.
slip
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 14 2015, 03:42 PM) *
Fuck, they're reproducing. It's like the plague. Might as well just shut the board down.

BWAHAHAHA...BAHAHAHAWAAHAHAH
Endlessknight
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 14 2015, 11:42 AM) *

What are the chances that it's all the same troll?
D Rock
QUOTE (Endlessknight @ May 14 2015, 11:38 PM) *
What are the chances that it's all the same troll?

I'd say the chances are very good. It's a virtual certainty.

Eyrie
QUOTE (slip @ May 14 2015, 08:33 PM) *
All you Tebow haters are in denial. Just looking at the schedule you can easily predict where Tebow will become the starter. Bradford will go down in week 1 against Atlanta. Sanchez will start week 2 vs Dallas with 2 INT's and a fumble, will get trounced against the Jets in week 3. Tebow will take over late 3rd quarter of the Jets game and lead the Eagles to 1-15 record.

Fixed that for you.

We understand that you think Tebow is a wonderful person, but this is football and he is simply not good enough.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 15 2015, 07:27 AM) *
I'd say the chances are very good. It's a virtual certainty.

So all Tebow fans on a given board are trolls? I don't think thats right or fair to assume. It may sound shocking to you but Tebow has a lot of fans. I know you don't likeTebow or his fans, but there's no need to call us names. Just because someone is a Trnow fan doesn't automatically make them a troll just as someone who is a Tebow critic doesn't automatically make them a troll.

I think what would make a troll is not who they are or aren't a fan of, but rather how they conduct themselves on the board. I can't speak for all Tebow fans, but I know I try to be respectful to everyone and if I need to debate I try to do so respectfully.

Now I have seen some Tebow fans on various boards conduct themselves badly and immaturely. However, I have seen some Tebow fans conduct themselves respectfully on various boards. Same can be said for NON Tebow fans some conduct themselves respectfully and some don't.

With that being said Chip is giving Tebow a chance and he's now part of the team. Why not try and show some support for ALL the players on the team that you and I support.
He's working with various althletes and coaches to try and better himself and that's great.

I know Tim has accuracy issues, mechanics issues etc, but it doesn't mean they it is impossible for him to improve and it looks like some of the Eagles staff has seen inmorovement in Tim. How much improvement? Don't know, but I trust that the Eagles staff is working with him to make him better for the team. Tim needs to improve in many areas. However, simply posting posting he sucks and calling his fans names doesn't help your argument.

Regardless of what you or I may think about Tebow doesn't change the fact that the Eagles signed him see improvement in him and they are working to continue helping him improve his mechanical flaws, accuracy issues etc. so he can better help the team.

I think what makes situations worse regarding Tebow is that some people either exaggerate his flaws and states he sucks and makes as if he will cripple the team or some people will exaggerate his strengths and make like he should be starting QB tommorow. I feel both extremes leaning left or right are going overboard. My take is that Tim has tons of talent, can help a team win, has improved somewhat, but he still has lots of work that needs to be done and improved upon to make him a top notch NFL QB. Thus right now as of today I feel like back up QB is what he's best suited for until he improves enough to start.
D Rock
What can accurately be assumed is that anyone who actually thinks Tim "Praise Jebus" Tebow is an NFL quarterback is either a Troll or a Fucking MORON.

Take your pick.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 15 2015, 02:01 PM) *
Why not try and show some support for ALL the players on the team that you and I support.

Because you don't support the team. You're not an Eagles fan. You're a fan of a player that happens to be on our team. When he's gone, so to will you.

This is an Eagles message board for Eagles fans. Not a Tebow message board for Tebow fans.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 15 2015, 01:04 PM) *
What can accurately be assumed is that anyone who actually thinks Tim "Praise Jebus" Tebow is an NFL quarterback is either a Troll or a Fucking MORON.

Take your pick.

Instead of calling people names when you disagree with them about anything you should make an argument. If both sides still disagree that's fine, but atleast they presented their arguments about any given topic respectfully. Just because someone may have a different opinion on any topic doesn't make them the names you call them.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 15 2015, 01:11 PM) *
Because you don't support the team. You're not an Eagles fan. You're a fan of a player that happens to be on our team. When he's gone, so to will you.

This is an Eagles message board for Eagles fans. Not a Tebow message board for Tebow fans.

I'll give you an example. Some people are diehard Tom Brady fans and they started supporting the Pats primarily because of him initially, but have grown to love and support the entire pats team. But who cares why they became fans of a given team. They can support a team for whatever reason. There's no right reason or right path to being a fan of a given team.

Tim is now part of the Eagles team, so I will support the entire team. Tim is now apart of the Eagles team, so he's just as relevant to discuss on this board as any other Eagles player. People become fans of teams for various reasons, but no particular person holds the keys to the fan club.

Also please don't tell me what I am or am not a fan of.

I am speaking for myself. I know that I have did my best to treat everyone that I have came into contact with on these boards with respect. Golden rule: Do unto others as you want done unto you.

When someone supports a team they show support for all the players. As they say there's no "I"in team. I didn't sign Tebow to the team, the staff of the Eagles team did.
mcnabbulous
He's our 4th string QB. He's not as relevant as everyone else. Especially when there are multiple threads devoted to him. His relevance on this board almost entirely exists because his army comes and won't stop talking about him.

There has got to be a place where his devotees can get together and talk about him and all his feel goodery. Maybe at Denny's after church.
D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 15 2015, 09:15 PM) *
Instead of calling people names when you disagree with them about anything you should make an argument. If both sides still disagree that's fine, but atleast they presented their arguments about any given topic respectfully. Just because someone may have a different opinion on any topic doesn't make them the names you call them.

I dont have to make an argument. Tebow's play has done more than an adequate job of showing what a NON player his holy rollin ass is...

laugh.gif

For the record, it's trolls like you that make him so easy to hate.

Also, the idea that Tim Tebow Sucks Nards is NOT an opinion. It is a fact.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 15 2015, 01:58 PM) *
I dont have to make an argument. Tebow's play has done more than an adequate job of showing what a NON player his holy rollin ass is...

laugh.gif

For the record, it's trolls like you that make him so easy to hate.

Also, the idea that Tim Tebow Sucks Nards is NOT an opinion. It is a fact.

I never stated Tebow should be starting QB, I never stated that Tebow the best football player. I just happen to be a fan of Tebow discussing him in a Tebow threading while sharing my opinion without attacking others and calling them names. How does that make someone a troll? Because they are a fan of someone you aren't a fan of? Because they have a different opinion than you?

Just because someone doesn't share your views and opinions about a given player doesn't make them a troll.

What it boils down to is this. Anyone who is a fan of Tebow and dosen't say he sucks is a troll in your eyes.

Anyways have a good day.
D Rock
So you're a "fan" of a shitty quarterback?

-neat-

I don't suffer fools...
mcnabbulous
Here is the problem. You can't be here to talk about Tebow the football player. Because that guy is trash and maybe a third stringer. So instead, you are here to talk about Tebow the something else.

And I don't want to talk about the something else. And I definitely don't want it all over my football board. So stop talking about Tebow.
samaroo
If Tebow won the SB for us, I don't know if it would be worth this inanity...
slip
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 18 2015, 12:51 AM) *
If Tebow won the SB for us, I don't know if it would be worth this inanity...

Tebow haters would riot and loot CVS stores, malls, and liquor stores.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.