Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Report: Tim TeBow CURE Hospital in Philippines Grand Opening.
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
american_champion
Report: The Tebow CURE Hospital grand opening was held this past week at the facility in Davao City. Built and operated by CURE International, the hospital specializes in treating children with orthopedic conditions. Many donors have contributed to the project, including the Sacred Harvest Foundation and the Tim Tebow Foundation.

The grand opening was celebrated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the hospital, followed by an open house. In attendance were Rodrigo Duterte, Mayor of Davao City, and Dale Brantner, President & CEO of CURE International, along with representatives of the Tim Tebow Foundation, the Tebow family, the Sacred Harvest Foundation, and others.

“We’ve been looking forward to this day for a long time,” said Brantner. “After many years of prayer and much hard work, I am thrilled to be able to say the Tebow CURE Hospital is officially open! In this place, we will share the love of Jesus and bring physical healing to children and families who desperately need it.”

The Hospital comes as a much needed lift to the poverty stricken, disease ridden, crime engulfed region.. Some things are bigger than sports.. And in a day n age where criminal behavior is rampant in sports and society.. It's refreshing knowing that there are still players and people like Tim TeBow in our society.. God Bless.
mcnabbulous
Great. We replaced the Vick fanboys with Tebow fanboys
D Rock
I know. At least Vick could play. Tim Tebow SUCKS!!!!
samaroo
I wish Tebow would just move to the PI...
american_champion
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 9 2015, 03:05 AM) *
I wish Tebow would just move to the PI...

Surely that is not your response to this Hospital being built which will save many of lives, right?.. Those children deserve a future just like ours.. God Bless.

american_champion
QUOTE (D Rock @ May 8 2015, 06:10 PM) *
I know. At least Vick could play. Tim Tebow SUCKS!!!!

Lol.. At least Vick could play?.. With what, dogs?. How many chances and years did Mike get to prove himself?.. How many playoff games has he ever won?.. God Bless.
mcnabbulous
More than Tebow. Go away.
D Rock
Boom.

Go away indeed. And knock off the imaginary friend bull shit. I don't want no damn blessings from your god or Tebows.
american_champion
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 9 2015, 08:43 AM) *
More than Tebow. Go away.

That's it.. Since you won't answer the question.. I'll answer it for you.. During Mikey Vick's 12 year NFL career he is 2-3 in the Playoffs(Not including the 2 seasons he was in prison for strangling puppies).. Bravo Mikey.. God Bless u.. God Bless.

samaroo
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 9 2015, 04:48 PM) *
Surely that is not your response to this Hospital being built which will save many of lives, right?.. Those children deserve a future just like ours.. God Bless.

I'm glad every time a hospital gets built. I'll make sure to check in to hospital building forums to follow all the goings on. Keep this shit off this board, we want to talk football here. Tebow sucks. Maybe he'll be a good doctor one day. Hopefully, in the PI, so we don't have to hear about him anymore.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (american_champion @ May 9 2015, 08:48 PM) *
That's it.. Since you won't answer the question.. I'll answer it for you.. During Mikey Vick's 12 year NFL career he is 2-3 in the Playoffs(Not including the 2 seasons he was in prison for strangling puppies).. Bravo Mikey.. God Bless u.. God Bless.

Do you exclude the 2 years that 32 NFL teams didn't deem Timmy worthy of a roster spot when referencing his record?

Mike Vick is a better QB than Tebow. And I think Vick is a garbage QB.
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 11 2015, 12:10 PM) *
Do you exclude the 2 years that 32 NFL teams didn't deem Timmy worthy of a roster spot when referencing his record?

Mike Vick is a better QB than Tebow. And I think Vick is a garbage QB.

Agreed.
Christian_Cat
Here's more info about this from the Tim Tebow foundation's website. http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/index.ph...-cure-hospital/

The hate Tim receives is sad, but it is what it is. Tim has millions of fans across the country. Keep up the good work Tim.

Tebow has alot of celebrity fans as well.

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/carrie-u...tebow-nashville

American idol season 4 winner Carrie said “Send [Tim] Tebow here [to Nashville]," Carrie told country music news website The Country Vibe. Carrie thought Tim would be a good addition for the Titans, and said she would tell the Broncos, “If you’re done with him we’ll take him," adding, "I just want the Titans to be all they can be."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/...-tebow/1794113/
Josh duhamel defends Tebow from Merril Hodge

Duhamel responded: "hey merril. Josh Duhamel here. Wondering why you're such a jealous [expletive] about Tebow? He's 10x the player you were."

Gene Simmons of the band Kiss Defends Tebow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLgvEqmNxs

UFC Champ Chris Weidman defends Tebow and states he's a Tebow fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IwVwObNkE

Manny Paquio said Tebow was his favorite and mentions how much Tim helps people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x6-VM_KPpw

Overall Tebow has alot of celebrity and non celebrity fans.
samaroo
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 14 2015, 09:43 AM) *
Here's more info about this from the Tim Tebow foundation's website. http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/index.ph...-cure-hospital/

The hate Tim receives is sad, but it is what it is. Tim has millions of fans across the country. Keep up the good work Tim.

American idol season 4 winner Carrie said “Send [Tim] Tebow here [to Nashville]," Carrie told country music news website The Country Vibe. Carrie thought Tim would be a good addition for the Titans, and said she would tell the Broncos, “If you’re done with him we’ll take him," adding, "I just want the Titans to be all they can be."

Duhamel responded: "hey merril. Josh Duhamel here. Wondering why you're such a jealous [expletive] about Tebow? He's 10x the player you were."

Manny Paquio said Tebow was his favorite and mentions how much Tim helps people.

Who.

Cares.
Zero
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 13 2015, 08:43 PM) *

Here's the point, IMO. Tebow the person is one thing, Tebow the football player is another. I'm happy to have Tebow the person on the same planet as me.

This is a football forum and the purpose is football discussion. I suspect much of the 'hate Tim receives' is due to the throngs of people who focus on the person during a football conversation. I'm sure you have great parents, siblings, spouse, children, friends and religious leaders. All worthy of praise and devotion but unfortunately the people in a football forum are not the least bit interested in hearing about them. Same holds with Tebow the person.

Tebow the football player has much to prove and only time will show us how that goes.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ May 14 2015, 07:29 PM) *
Here's the point, IMO. Tebow the person is one thing, Tebow the football player is another. I'm happy to have Tebow the person on the same planet as me.

This is a football forum and the purpose is football discussion. I suspect much of the 'hate Tim receives' is due to the throngs of people who focus on the person during a football conversation. I'm sure you have great parents, siblings, spouse, children, friends and religious leaders. All worthy of praise and devotion but unfortunately the people in a football forum are not the least bit interested in hearing about them. Same holds with Tebow the person.

Tebow the football player has much to prove and only time will show us how that goes.

Agreed with all but the last bit. He has nothing to prove to me. He sucks out loud.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 15 2015, 04:29 PM) *
Agreed with all but the last bit. He has nothing to prove to me. He sucks out loud.

Based of your statement: I conclude that even IF Tebow were to truly improve it wouldn't matter because he just sucks in your eyes. Your dislike for him is obviously because of his throwing issues, but it's probably mostly to do with your dislike for him personally. Those issues you have with him probably go beyond football. Anyways you don't have to be a fan of Tebow or anything you don't want to be a fan of. Just remember some people may be fans of Tebow even though you are not. Some people may buy a certain brand smartphone that you wouldn't buy, some people may buy a certain brand car that you don't like and wouldn't buy. There may be a group of people who love Honda cars and some who think Honda cars suck. There may be some people who will buy Apple phones and some who think Apple sucks and wouldn't buy their products. That's what makes the world go round some people like, support, and buy different things that some people may or may not agree with.

Just like you stated you don't care what or how many fans Tim has or what Tim does for others etc. Well that's great, Tim's fans are NOT looking for validation from you to continue rooting for him. Tims fans will continue to follow and support him like any fan base will do for whatever person, team, or thing they support.

Let me give you an example. I am NOT a fan of Chris Brown for instance. However, Chris brown has a lot of people who like him and lot of people who don't like him. I am sure that Chris Brown's fans are NOT looking for validation from me or any other person inorder to continue supporting him.
D Rock
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 14 2015, 12:43 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

IDIOT
samaroo
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 16 2015, 09:09 AM) *
Based of your statement: I conclude that even IF Tebow were to truly improve it wouldn't matter because he just sucks in your eyes. Your dislike for him is obviously because of his throwing issues, but it's probably mostly to do with your dislike for him personally.

What?

Those issues you have with him probably go beyond football. Anyways you don't have to be a fan of Tebow or anything you don't want to be a fan of. Just remember some people may be fans of Tebow even though you are not.

Couldn't agree more. Here's a freebie.

Just like you stated you don't care what or how many fans Tim has or what Tim does for others etc.

Not exactly. I hope Tebow helps every person in his life he has the opportunity to help. It's just good for the world. I do not care about his "fans." On a related note, I don't care about One Direction's fans, either.

Well that's great, Tim's fans are NOT looking for validation from you to continue rooting for him. Tims fans will continue to follow and support him like any fan base will do for whatever person, team, or thing they support.

This is supposed to be you NOT looking for validation for Tim Tebow? Hmm...

Also, I found a place for your kind to hang out. It seems awesome! And no annoying football talk to get in the way! Check it out!
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 17 2015, 09:46 PM) *
What?

Couldn't agree more. Here's a freebie.

Not exactly. I hope Tebow helps every person in his life he has the opportunity to help. It's just good for the world. I do not care about his "fans." On a related note, I don't care about One Direction's fans, either.

This is supposed to be you NOT looking for validation for Tim Tebow? Hmm...

Also, I found a place for your kind to hang out. It seems awesome! And no annoying football talk to get in the way! Check it out!

There's so much to clarify in this post.

When a poster on this board makes a thread about Tebow, Chip Kelly or whoever its because they want to discuss that topic with others on the board. Those who make threads on the forum realize that not everyone wants to discuss certain topics. However, when the thread is made on Tebow, Chip Kelly etc it because they are looking to see if anyone will join them in the discussion of said topic. The poster making the thread on the topic doesn't expect every poster from the board to join in because it may not interest them to talk about Chip Kelly or Tebow etc. The people who made the thread is looking for posters who do want to talk about about whatever the thread is about. For those who don't want to talk about Tebow or Chip Kelly etc can just skip threads on those topics and ignore them.

Now let me go to your statement "This is supposed to be you NOT looking for validation for Tim Tebow? Hmm..."

I said that Tebow's fans aren't looking for your validation because you came into a thread to state that you don't care what fans Tebow has or doesn't have, you don't care if he improves or not because he sucks in your eyes etc Which was you thinking that Tebow fans were looking to convert you into a Tebow fan or get you to change your opinion about him. In other words, I didn't make a thread on him and post in this thread with the purpose of converting you samroo into a Tebow fan or getting your validation to be a Tebow fan. My intent with making a thread on Tebow and posting in threads about him was with the purpose of discussing this topic with other people on the board who may be interested in discussing the topic of Tim Tebow

When I made my comments about his celebrity fans and what good he has done across the country. It wasn't to try to convince those who aren't fans of Tebow to become fans of Tebow. But rather to discuss this with other people on the board who may be interested in discussing Tim and what good he has done across the country etc.

Poster mcnabbulous complained that Tebow was being discussed on this board despite the fact that he's part of the Eagles team. Then poster mcnabbulous went on to say he's our 4th string QB so he's not as relevant to the team. What does that matter? This is board for all eagles players whether it be the starting QB or the 4th string QB. If a topic on this board doesn't interest someone they can ignore it and skip it. I realize that and I skip a thread I may not be interested in.

Let me give you an example. On the American idol board they are subforums for different seasons be it 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 etc Every season people audition some make it through and some don't. Then the ones that make it past audition rounds have a chance to get selected to be put in the top 24 by the judges. Those who get put in the top 24 by the judges get to compete and then America votes every week for their favorite. The first 3 weeks starting with top 24, the 2 girls and 2 guys with the fewest votes get sent home the first 3 weeks based on tv viewer votes. Then once its narrowed down to a top 12 the remaining contestants perform each week like they have since top 24, but with one person with the lowest votes gets eliminated each week until they crown a winner for that season.

Take American Idol season 4. There was a girl named Sarah Mather and Melinda Lira who made top 24 after being part of the 12 girls selected by the judges Randy, Paula, and Simon to make top 24. When it go to top 12 each contestant would perform on live tv. While each contestant performed a phone number came up for each contestant so people could call or text to vote for their favorite contestant. Voting was open for 2 hours. Then Telescope would tally up how many votes each contestant got by phone and text. Then the day after the performances by each contestant they would announce who got the lowest votes each week.

In week 1 which was the top 24, the two girls Sara and Melinda competed the first week of top 24 but received the lowest number votes that week(based on the votes by the TV viewers) and were eliminated. They didn't go far in the competition and some people may not consider them relevant to American idol. However, some people liked Sarah Mather and or Melinda Lira. Thus, they made threads on the AI forum about them. Although, some people had no interest in them and would rather talk about Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, vonzell etc. Which is fine, but no poster on the American Idol forum would post and say take your Sarah Mather threads and go to a fan board dedicated to her. Because guess what? She was on the American Idol show that season even if she barely made top 24 and got eliminated quickly from the competition. By the way I have no interest in Sarah Mather or Melinda Lira; I was just using the show and theses girls as examples. Yes there is an online forum for American idol just like this is an online forum for the eagles NFL team.

My main point of the American Idol example is that no matter how relevant or irrelevant someone may feel a person is to a show, franchise, sports team etc The people who made threads on Sarah Mather had a right to do so on the American Idol forum because she was on the show regardless of how far she went in the competition. Just like Tebow is apart of the eagles team and posters have a right to discuss him on the eagles forum regardless if he's backup QB, Starting QB, 3rd string QB, 4th string QB or whatever. Now those that have no interest in discussing a particular topic have every right to ignore the threads on those topics they don't like as if they don't even exist
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 18 2015, 07:29 PM) *
When aposter on this board makes a thread about Tebow, Chip Kelly or whoever its because they want to discuss that topic with others on the board.

You don't know anything about this board, but I'll fill you in on one thing...

We don't care about Tebow, but we care even less about American Idol.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 18 2015, 06:52 PM) *
You don't know anything about this board, but I'll fill you in on one thing...

We don't care about Tebow, but we care even less about American Idol.

You obviously missed the underlying message of my point. My point in brining up American Idol wasn't because you care about the show or you don't. There was an underlying message there that you totally missed.

You don't care about Tebow, but it bothers you so much that you have to come into any Tebow thread to complain about it.

You don't care about Tebow, but some do. Some people don't care about the NFL, but some do. Some don't care about the NBA, but some do. Some don't care about Britney Spears, but some do. That's what makes the world go round.

There are some on this board who want to talk Tebow and other things and there are some on this board who don't even want to see his name. Isn't that great, we live in a world where everyone is different, has different likes, different interests, different tastes etc that's what makes the world go round.

My point in bring up American idol was for example purposes. If you had read my post very carefully you probably would have found my underlying message.

I graduated from college a few years ago, but I remeber the importance of reading comprehension. Sometimes I would be given articles with paragraphs about something, but I would have to read it carefully and hopefully get the main point of the article. Sometimes the article would be 40 sentences long, but the main idea/main point of the article would only be in 2-7 sentences.

Let me break down my main point because the main point flew over your head. People have a right to talk about their favorites regardless of their perceived relevance to a sports team, TV show, or whatever. Thus, in the case of Tebow people have a right to talk about him on the Eagles board because he's part of the team regardless of how relevant some may think a person to the football team. Just like people have a right to talk about Sarah Mather since she was apart of American idol regardless of how relevant people thought she was to the show. FYI: I am not a Sarah Mather fan just trying to give an example.
samaroo
No, dude, it bothers me that your clogging up a football board with useless fan worship for your heartthrob. I'm glad you like Tebow, I'm glad he makes you feel good about yourself or whatever. But this isn't the section to talk about hospitals or celebrity tweets or American Idol. There is a seperate section on this board for off-topic crap. Post there. This is for "Football Related Discussion." When Tebow completes a pass in green, post about it here. Until then, stop this nonsense.

Why is this hard?
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 18 2015, 07:23 PM) *
No, dude, it bothers me that your clogging up a football board with useless fan worship for your heartthrob. I'm glad you like Tebow, I'm glad he makes you feel good about yourself or whatever. But this isn't the section to talk about hospitals or celebrity tweets or American Idol. There is a seperate section on this board for off-topic crap. Post there. This is for "Football Related Discussion." When Tebow completes a pass in green, post about it here. Until then, stop this nonsense.

Why is this hard?

I didn't make this particular thread. If there's a Tebow topic unrelated to football I will put it there in off topic and if there is something Tebow did in relation to the team and or football I will post it up here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 18 2015, 08:07 PM) *
If you had read my post very carefully you probably would have found my underlying message.

It wasn't a matter of not reading it carefully. I didn't read it at all. I glossed over it and saw American Idol and added my response.

Without reading it, I'm still certain there was nothing groundbreaking within.

I graduated from college a few years ago, but I remeber the importance of reading comprehension.

You should have taken a course on creative writing, because your posts are terrible.

I'll continue to reiterate -- and I'll make this very clear so no critical thinking is required...

We don't care about Tebow here. There are places to talk about him and all the good you think that he does. This is not one of them.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 18 2015, 07:30 PM) *
It wasn't a matter of not reading it carefully. I didn't read it at all. I glossed over it and saw American Idol and added my response.

Without reading it, I'm still certain there was nothing groundbreaking within.

You should have taken a course on creative writing, because your posts are terrible.

I'll continue to reiterate -- and I'll make this very clear so no critical thinking is required...

We don't care about Tebow here. There are places to talk about him and all the good you think that he does. This is not one of them.

Well thank you for admitting that you didn't read it. I will continue being me. Anyways I hope you have a good evening.
Phits
You guys are being to hard on the Tebow fans. I am not sold on Tebow and I don't think much of him as an NFL QB. I admit to groaning out loud when I heard of the initial interest, and rolling my eyes when it became a reality. That said, there may be an opportunity for him on this team, as such "Go Tim". I say this not as Tebow supporter, but In Chip I Trust. As DRock said in an earlier post (on another thread perhaps), you have to throw out conventional wisdom where Chip is concerned. So if Chip feels good about TT, as some sort of contributor to the team.

It's a long offseason, and posts about Tim Tebow or Agholor fall into the same boat. Neither has done a thing as an Eagle and have much to prove. The difference is that Tim has had some success in the NFL in spite of his non-traditional style of (QB) play.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ May 18 2015, 10:43 PM) *
You guys are being to hard on the Tebow fans. I am not sold on Tebow and I don't think much of him as an NFL QB. I admit to groaning out loud when I heard of the initial interest, and rolling my eyes when it became a reality. That said, there may be an opportunity for him on this team, as such "Go Tim". I say this not as Tebow supporter, but In Chip I Trust. As DRock said in an earlier post (on another thread perhaps), you have to throw out conventional wisdom where Chip is concerned. So if Chip feels good about TT, as some sort of contributor to the team.

It's a long offseason, and posts about Tim Tebow or Agholor fall into the same boat. Neither has done a thing as an Eagle and have much to prove. The difference is that Tim has had some success in the NFL in spite of his non-traditional style of (QB) play.

I have no problem with Tebow and was one of the few on this board who was fine with the acquisition. My problem is that the board is now flooded with a disproportionate amount of posts about a mediocre player. But not just the player, this propaganda about him as some saint.

There are several places someone can go and chat about their hero worship for the guy. This isn't one of those places. If they want to stick it in G&G, go right ahead.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 18 2015, 11:06 PM) *
I have no problem with Tebow and was one of the few on this board who was fine with the acquisition. My problem is that the board is now flooded with a disproportionate amount of posts about a mediocre player. But not just the player, this propaganda about him as some saint.

There are several places someone can go and chat about their hero worship for the guy. This isn't one of those places. If they want to stick it in G&G, go right ahead.

I don't know Nabby.

Judging by the lack of replies football and other sports posts get versus the ones from the Tebow fans, you would think that Tebow IS what people around here want to talk about.

Just sayin'
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 19 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I don't know Nabby.

Judging by the lack of replies football and other sports posts get versus the ones from the Tebow fans, you would think that Tebow IS what people around here want to talk about.

Just sayin'

Is anyone really talking about Tebow though? It's basically just his fanclub posting irrelevant shit about him and people (myself amongst them) bitching about it.

I get that it's the slow season, but I believe there was one thread on this board about Tebow prior to their arrival. That was a fair amount. The rest is just clutter.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 19 2015, 03:54 AM) *
I don't know Nabby.

Just sayin'

I made a thread that was football related, but not about Tebow. http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=77800
Yet Nabby has never bothered to post in that thread and has complained that I was posting just about Tebow.

With that said your right certain posters want to talk about Tebow in the Tebow threads and that infuriates Nabby for some reason. If someone had numerous threads on a topic or player I didn't care to talk about I would just skip it. I think there's a deeper underlying issue if you ask me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 19 2015, 12:56 PM) *
I made a thread that was football related, but not about Tebow. http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=77800
Yet Nabby has never bothered to post in that thread and has complained that I was posting just about Tebow.

With that said your right certain posters want to talk about Tebow in the Tebow threads and that infuriates Nabby for some reason. If someone had numerous threads on a topic or player I didn't care to talk about I would just skip it. I think there's a deeper underlying issue if you ask me.

Because you're not an Eagles fan, so don't try to placate me with your fake posts about the Eagles.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 19 2015, 11:40 AM) *
Because you're not an Eagles fan, so don't try to placate me with your fake posts about the Eagles.

So when any of the Tebow fans attemp to make a threads that are not Tebow related you will skip it and call their posts on the Eagles fake. Yet if Tebow fans make threads on Tebow you will come into them and complain. In other words Tebow fans can't win. If they make threads on the Eagles they are skipped and if they make threads on Tebow you come in and complain. I think what it boils down to is that you don't like the fact that Tebow fans are on the boards Period. You have a lot of anger in your heart Nabby, but I wish you well.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 19 2015, 02:15 PM) *
I think what it boils down to is that you don't like the fact that Tebow fans are on the boards Period.

I literally don't think I could have been any more clear about that.

You have a lot of anger in your heart Nabby, but I wish you well.

Nope. I'm a happy-go-lucky, glass half full kind of guy. I just don't like religious propaganda infiltrating my football board.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 19 2015, 12:42 PM) *
I literally don't think I could have been any more clear about that.

Nope. I'm a happy-go-lucky, glass half full kind of guy. I just don't like religious propaganda infiltrating my football board.

Well Tebow fans are here to stay and discuss various topics ranging from the Eagles team to Tebow. If you want to partake in them great, if not it's no sweat off our shoulders.

My advice to you is to go to the threads that interest you and skip the ones you don't. It'll save us all the hassle.

I will say this bigotry is never a good thing. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry
Anyways have a good evening Nabby. smile.gif
D Rock
Oh Lookie . . .

A self proclaimed Christian is calling someone a bigot. How very "christ like."

Fucking hypocrite.
Zero
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 19 2015, 03:50 PM) *
Well Tebow fans are here to stay and discuss various topics ranging from the Eagles team to Tebow. If you want to partake in them great, if not it's no sweat off our shoulders.

My advice to you is to go to the threads that interest you and skip the ones you don't. It'll save us all the hassle.

I will say this bigotry is never a good thing. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry
Anyways have a good evening Nabby. smile.gif

Cat, you are new here and you are welcome here.

IMO, the polite way to join a group is to make an attempt at fitting in with the existing community. If you're an Eagle fan, beyond being a Tebow fan I'd think there is sufficient topics for musing and discussion that are more relevant to the team than a newly signed, third/fourth string QB. As it appears repetitive Tebow posts are annoying the existing members, wouldn't it be less abrasive for you to limit that topic? I'm sure there are other forums where discussion about Tim Tebow is more relevant to the membership than it appears to be here.

When Tebow surprises the masses and shows he has elevated his play to the level of challenging for a roster spot or better I think some discussion would be warranted. Until then, it just appears like you're a drive-by poster with a fixation on one player for other than football reasons. Does that help you understand the mood a bit better?
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Zero @ May 19 2015, 01:47 PM) *
Cat, you are new here and you are welcome here.

IMO, the polite way to join a group is to make an attempt at fitting in with the existing community. If you're an Eagle fan, beyond being a Tebow fan I'd think there is sufficient topics for musing and discussion that are more relevant to the team than a newly signed, third/fourth string QB. As it appears repetitive Tebow posts are annoying the existing members, wouldn't it be less abrasive for you to limit that topic? I'm sure there are other forums where discussion about Tim Tebow is more relevant to the membership than it appears to be here.

When Tebow surprises the masses and shows he has elevated his play to the level of challenging for a roster spot or better I think some discussion would be warranted. Until then, it just appears like you're a drive-by poster with a fixation on one player for other than football reasons. Does that help you understand the mood a bit better?

Thanks for the welcome. The polite way to be when in a group is to be welcoming of any new fan regardless of the reason they may have initially become a fan of who or what that group supports. I have attempted to be apart of that group here and I believe I am apart of the group here. Nabby dosen't want posters who are Tebow fans in the group. But I feel apart of the group thanks to posters like yourself. I am sending you a friends request. I will continue posting about Tebow and I will interject in threads about Eagles that strike my interest. No one should tell any poster what they should or shouldn't discuss. If someone is interested in a topic post away and if not than they can skip it.

Also this poster DRock has called Tebow fans and Tebow himself countless names on this forum, but when someone defines bigotry he makes them out to be bad guy. Bigotry is in the dictionary. I never directs called Nabby a bigot. I said bigotry is not a good thing. Heck I will tell you that bigotry is not a good thing. I provided the definition of bigot. I have in no way been a hypocrite. I actually defended DRock when poster slip called him a name. As I Told slip he shouldn't call any posters names. DRock has things backwards as usual calling me a hypocrite. Oh well thanks for the welcome. Feel free to join in discussion about Tebow or whatever topic interests you.

It seems like posters like DRock think its okay for him to call Tebow fans countless names, but the minute they say one thing to them like define a word like bigotry they call me a hypocrite. It's like Tebow fans are suppose to take his abuse and never say anything, but the minute we do we are as he says not Christ like hypocrites.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 8 2015, 08:49 AM) *
Great. We replaced the Vick fanboys with Tebow fanboys

I love the nuevo tough guy McNabbulous. Reminds me of Mr White in Breaking Bad
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 19 2015, 04:19 PM) *
I love the nuevo tough guy McNabbulous. Reminds me of Mr White in Breaking Bad

Yeah, I was acting real tough when I said I don't want Tebow fans to infiltrate the board. Such a tough thing to say. Tough.

Zero
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 19 2015, 05:08 PM) *
Thanks for the welcome.

One more thing ... this board has been open for a very long time and most of the posters you mention have been here for a very long time. You are new and don't know the people you're judging. It may be helpful if you were to observe more and criticize less, or at least until you get a feel for who we are and how we interact with one another.

And, not to be a spelling nazi, but 'apart' means separated, not part of.
samaroo
Good posts, Z. You said it better than I could.

Cat, mentioning bigotry and providing a definition in reply to someone is underhandedly calling them that. LeSean McCoy tried to do that with Chip and the racism thing, DJax and Stephen A., too. It's cowardly to back away now.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 19 2015, 05:53 PM) *
Yeah, I was acting real tough when I said I don't want Tebow fans to infiltrate the board. Such a tough thing to say. Tough.

Your terms were derogatory toward a new member, just the same as you were toward Joegrane in the Cole Hamels/Tebow thread. Now is that how a proper PC Democrat is supposed to behave?
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (Zero @ May 19 2015, 03:54 PM) *
One more thing ... this board has been open for a very long time and most of the posters you mention have been here for a very long time. You are new and don't know the people you're judging. It may be helpful if you were to observe more and criticize less, or at least until you get a feel for who we are and how we interact with one another.

And, not to be a spelling nazi, but 'apart' means separated, not part of.

So if you were new to the board would you like being treated the way tebow fans have been treated by some posters not all on this board? I don't think so

Just like nabby and Drock doesn't know the tebow fans They are judging. Judging is a two way street.

If you go to Marie calendars restaraunt as a brand new customer you deserve the same respect as those that have been long time customers.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 19 2015, 04:28 PM) *
Good posts, Z. You said it better than I could.

Cat, mentioning bigotry and providing a definition in reply to someone is underhandedly calling them that. LeSean McCoy tried to do that with Chip and the racism thing, DJax and Stephen A., too. It's cowardly to back away now.

What do you have to say about the countless names Drock has called tebow fans on this board? What do you have to say about how nabby has treated tebow fans on this board. No comment for their behavior, but a comment for mine. Yes I defined Bigotry. I feel bigotry and racism is prevalent in society and is wrong. Take with it what you will.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 19 2015, 04:32 PM) *
Your terms were derogatory toward a new member, just the same as you were toward Joegrane in the Cole Hamels/Tebow thread. Now is that how a proper PC Democrat is supposed to behave?

Do you notice what I notice. I see you do.
samaroo
QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ May 20 2015, 08:38 AM) *
What do you have to say about the countless names Drock has called tebow fans on this board? What do you have to say about how nabby has treated tebow fans on this board. No comment for their behavior, but a comment for mine. Yes I defined Bigotry. I feel bigotry and racism is prevalent in society and is wrong. Take with it what you will.

DRock would admit he was being mean. It's his thing, he doesn't pull punches. Nabby too, for the most part. You are fronting a "holier-than-thou" schtick, and hiding behing passive-aggressive technicalities. And in your above post, you decided to manufacture an argument rather than address the point made. Whatever.

Trolls always win. This stupid post now has 40-something posts, none about football. Sigh. The only topic with more recently is about Tebow. It's just like cancer. It's my new normal, I guess. Yes doc, I'll take the pills that make me sick until I die...
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (samaroo @ May 19 2015, 05:09 PM) *
DRock would admit he was being mean. It's his thing, he doesn't pull punches. Nabby too, for the most part. You are fronting a "holier-than-thou" schtick, and hiding behing passive-aggressive technicalities. And in your above post, you decided to manufacture an argument rather than address the point made. Whatever.

Trolls always win. This stupid post now has 40-something posts, none about football. Sigh. The only topic with more recently is about Tebow. It's just like cancer. It's my new normal, I guess. Yes doc, I'll take the pills that make me sick until I die...

I wish you and everyone well including Nabby, Drock, and samroo. There's no holier than though schtick.You called out posters like myself because I have a favorite/interest that is different than yours. But you don't call out the behavior of nabby, drock etc because they share your interest/views. No one is perfect including me and you. No passive aggressive techniques. We share different interests/views and that has bothered you. I said racism and bigotry are big problems in society today. If that is passive aggressive to you than run with it. Simple solution: we should all partake in threads that interest us and skip the ones that don't.

Anyways I hope your day has been going well samroo.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ May 19 2015, 06:32 PM) *

What was derogatory? I also never said anything to Joegrane. You may be confusing american_champion (another annoying Tebow troll) for Joegrane.

I don't want this board becoming a haven for Tebow fanatics to talk about Tebow. There are Tim Tebow message boards for that type of things.

It's just as obnoxious as certain posters making every thread on this board about Andy two years after he left.

This is an Eagles message board for Eagles fans. And I'm always welcoming to new Eagles fans (and even the occasional fan of another team that has something relevant to the Eagles to contribute). This guy posting one phony message about the Eagles doesn't change his real purpose here.

Just because you're still bitter about how wrong you were in the Foles/Sanchez debate, doesn't mean that you need to pathetically cater to these Tebowers. As I've said several times, I supported the decision to bring Tebow in and think he makes the team. This is despite the fact that I'm an unabashed atheist. Because I don't care about religion. I really don't think about it. Which is why I don't want this Christian propaganda taking over a community where I discuss something I do care about: Eagles football.
Christian_Cat
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 19 2015, 05:21 PM) *
What was derogatory? I also never said anything to Joegrane. You may be confusing american_champion (another annoying Tebow troll) for Joegrane.

I don't want this board becoming a haven for Tebow fanatics to talk about Tebow. There are Tim Tebow message boards for that type of things.

It's just as obnoxious as certain posters making every thread on this board about Andy two years after he left.

This is an Eagles message board for Eagles fans. And I'm always welcoming to new Eagles fans (and even the occasional fan of another team that has something relevant to the Eagles to contribute). This guy posting one phony message about the Eagles doesn't change his real purpose here.

Just because you're still bitter about how wrong you were in the Foles/Sanchez debate, doesn't mean that you need to pathetically cater to these Tebowers. As I've said several times, I supported the decision to bring Tebow in and think he makes the team. This is despite the fact that I'm an unabashed atheist. Because I don't care about religion. I really don't think about it. Which is why I don't want this Christian propaganda taking over a community where I discuss something I do care about: Eagles football.

It must be that any poster who disagree with your tainted view of Tebow fans are either
1)Tebow fans themselves

or

2) they're bitter about some old debate that they had with you on the forum

Makes no sense to me.

I am not a fan of this Andy player you speak of nor do I have anything against that player. However, if he wanted to talk about Andy in numerous threads than he had a right to do so to his hearts content.

How was my message about the eagles phony? It wasn't you just didn't like the author of the thread. He's not catering to Tebow fans because of bitterness from some old debate. Also calling Tebow fans trolls because they are Tebow fans is wrong. That would be like if an African American got called a troll or whatever by the salon manager because he/she walked into a hair salon and tried to get a haircut at the salon that caters to a predominately white customer base.

You have a nice evening Nabby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.