Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles courting La'el Collins
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Heard it on the radio this afternoon. More here:
According to a report from NFL insider Jason Cole, the Philadelphia Eagles are one of seven teams showing interest in undrafted free agent offensive lineman La'el Collins.
From what I heard, undrafted FA also have a salary slot so supposedly it wouldn't be a bidding war.
Zero
Bennie .C. LoganVerified account
‏@da_king_son18 Bennie .C. Logan retweeted Justin
Thought of the day, everything I do don't need to be publicized. Just know his name is alive and loud in Philly! Bennie .C. Logan added,
Justin @Jstip10
Wonder if @da_king_son18 is going to recruit La'el Collins to Philly like other former LSU players are doing? Do it Bennie #FlyEaglesFly
Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ May 5 2015, 07:03 PM) *
Heard it on the radio this afternoon. More here:
From what I heard, undrafted FA also have a salary slot so supposedly it wouldn't be a bidding war.

I think teams get 80K of bonus money to sign all of their UDFA's and they can only make the minimum and I think they need to sign a three year deal.

I saw something that explained how he can get back to making better money. I'll try to find it and post it.
Zero
I heard the money is the same after the third round. That doesn't make much sense but explains why he said he wouldn't talk to anyone who drafted him after the third. Seems someone taking him in the 7th could have made out.
nephillymike
Here ya go.

Interesting for number crunching finance types.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-...-went-undrafted

I think by stopping after four years, the article doesn't give time to the deal in year five that 1st and 2nd rounders will get, but after four years, it seems accurate.

Good to see how even the lowly UDFA's can do well. The NFL has it figured out.
Zero
Out of the seven teams reportedly courting him (Buffalo, Miami, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore, Philadelphia and New Orleans), anyone have opinions on where he would be best off? I'm guessing he'd start at guard here and move to tackle after Peters is done.
Zero
Going undrafted in the first round has cost Collins millions of dollars. For now, he is eligible only for a standard three-year contract given to undrafted free agents, which pays $435,000 in 2015, $525,000 in 2016, and $615,000 in 2017. Also, bonuses are limited for undrafted free agents, with each team limited to spending about $87,000 for all undrafted free agents combined.

With teams unable to significantly outbid one another for Collins' services under NFL rules, he'll likely choose the team that he believes is the best fit for him based on the roster and coaching staff.
Here ...
make_it_rain
I still for the life of me can't figure out why you wouldn't take a flyer on this guy in the 7th round. Hell, some places had him mocked to the eagles at 20!

Oh thats right, because #culture. ohmy.gif If Collins ends up exonerated someone is going to end up with a steal. That and Collins needs to lawyer up ASAP because I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep knowing the amount of money this whole experience will have cost me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ May 6 2015, 08:14 AM) *
I still for the life of me can't figure out why you wouldn't take a flyer on this guy in the 7th round. Hell, some places had him mocked to the eagles at 20!

Oh thats right, because #culture. ohmy.gif If Collins ends up exonerated someone is going to end up with a steal. That and Collins needs to lawyer up ASAP because I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep knowing the amount of money this whole experience will have cost me.

He said he wouldn't sign if a team drafted him after Friday. Thus enabling him to go back into the draft the next year.

His not getting drafted made him a FA and he has no ability to try to go into next year's draft. It has nothing to do with #culture. It's why no team drafted him, even the biggest shitbirds in the league.
make_it_rain
Ah, ok I stand corrected. Makes sense I guess.

But sometimes its too easy to get cute and throw out the #culture hashtag
GroundedBird
Why don't we kick the tires on Jake Long too. He's only 29. He had an injury last year (ACL?) but might be worth a shot.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ May 6 2015, 02:30 PM) *
Why don't we kick the tires on Jake Long too. He's only 29. He had an injury last year (ACL?) but might be worth a shot.

He was a former #1 pick! Great value!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.