Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting look at OL composition in the league
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Consider: Of the 16 linemen on the Eagles' roster as of Sunday, eight of them were undrafted. That figure, 50 percent, might seem high. It's not - not relative to the NFL's four best teams last season, anyway. Of the 57 offensive linemen on the Patriots', Colts', Seahawks', and Packers' rosters, 28 were undrafted. That's 49 percent of them, and those 29 linemen who were drafted include five who were selected in the sixth or seventh round.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...vspd7WpMTtjk.99

Eyrie
I think it's McNabbulous who doesn't believe in taking OL early, so he'll be pleased.

However I'd like a more detailed breakdown that that article provides - how does that percentage compare to other positions, and what is the percentage for starting OL?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 5 2015, 01:45 PM) *
I think it's McNabbulous who doesn't believe in taking OL early, so he'll be pleased.

However I'd like a more detailed breakdown that that article provides - how does that percentage compare to other positions, and what is the percentage for starting OL?

Bwah!

I too thought Nabby be all over this faster than a Geno Smith praising post!

devil03.gif
mcnabbulous
Just biding my time.

You need to look no farther than our 2013 OL to prove my point.

LT - UDFA stud all-pro. One of the best in the game
LG - 3rd round pick who was a journeyman before we signed him. One of the best in the game
C - 6th round pick. One of the best in the game.
RG - 4th round pick. Long time staple.
RT - 4th overall rookie. Will probably have a great career. Still was a waste of resources if you ask me.

One of these things is not like the other.
samaroo
Jimmy Kempski would have an argument with you on this. He wrote a good post on it yesterday, I think. I'll link to it later if anyone needs it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.