Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Options, Which do you Like Better?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Use 11.5M of cap to sign Maclin, keep Foles and keep next years 2nd round pick and pick one of the guys below at #20

OR

Don't sign Maclin, use 13M for Bradford, give up a 2nd round pick and Foles and pick one of the guys below at #20

WR - Perriman, Strong, Dorsett, Green-Beckham, Algholar
OLB - Ray, Dupree, Harold,
ILB - Kendricks
OT - Humphries, Clemmings
CB - Jalen Collins, B. Jones, R. Darby, E. Rowe

Al the above were available at #20 and within positions.

Anyone?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 3 2015, 11:49 AM) *
Use 11.5M of cap to sign Maclin, keep Foles and keep next years 2nd round pick and pick one of the guys below at #20

OR

Don't sign Maclin, use 13M for Bradford, give up a 2nd round pick and Foles and pick one of the guys below at #20

WR - Perriman, Strong, Dorsett, Green-Beckham, Algholar
OLB - Ray, Dupree, Harold,
ILB - Kendricks
OT - Humphries, Clemmings
CB - Jalen Collins, B. Jones, R. Darby, E. Rowe

Al the above were available at #20 and within positions.

Anyone?

I think I saw somewhere that the combined salaries of Maclin and DJax would have totaled 73M+ over the next four years, compared to 8M for Mathews and Algholar. Leaves a lot of room to pay other guys, cap driven reality, can't have too much $ in one position.
nephillymike
Big goof on my part.

Maclin's cap hit this year is only 3.4M this year.

Next year it is 12.4M.

I guess it makes it an easier decision, but I was going with the 11M i was hearing instead of looking it up.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/jeremy-maclin/

Zero
I like Bradford over Foles and would have been happy keeping Maclin and taking an OT instead of Algholar. I'm happy with Rowe in the second.

We don't know if Maclin would have signed here for that money or if KC would have upped their offer if we had matched. Assuming they kept Mac, I think Kelly would have traded for Bradford anyway and freed up necessary cap room by getting rid of someone else.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ May 3 2015, 07:36 PM) *
I like Bradford over Foles and would have been happy keeping Maclin and taking an OT instead of Algholar. I'm happy with Rowe in the second.

We don't know if Maclin would have signed here for that money or if KC would have upped their offer if we had matched. Assuming they kept Mac, I think Kelly would have traded for Bradford anyway and freed up necessary cap room by getting rid of someone else.

Agree with Zero.

Although it would have been very quiet on here had Kelly found the cap room by immediately extending Bradford, thus killing off the Mariota speculation!
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 3 2015, 02:57 PM) *
Although it would have been very quiet on here had Kelly found the cap room by immediately extending Bradford, thus killing off the Mariota speculation!

There would have peace and tranquility in the world. No crime. No war, peace, love and whales would swim free. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.