Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was Bradford's Bad Stats STL fault or his
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The most common defense of Bradford's so so stats was that the STL offense was so bad, that it was the cause of his struggles.

How did he do versus how other QB's did with the same team and the same year?

IN 2011, he had a 70.5 passer rating when he played and his replacements during his games missed had a rating of 70. The replacements were named Feeley and Clemens. Same production with different QB's

In 2013, he was playing at a 90.9 passer rating and Clemens came in at 79.

However, when you look at it, Feeley and Clemens have career passer ratings of 69.1 and 68.5 respectively, and both were able to perform at above average (for them) levels.

I think the STL offense wasn't as bad as we are lead to believe, at least from a QB performance perspective.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 2 2015, 10:39 PM) *
The most common defense of Bradford's so so stats was that the STL offense was so bad, that it was the cause of his struggles.

IN 2011, he had a 70.5 passer rating when he played and his replacements during his games missed had a rating of 70. The replacements were named Feeley and Clemens. Same production with different QB's

However, when you look at it, Feeley and Clemens have career passer ratings of 69.1 and 68.5 respectively, and both were able to perform at above average (for them) levels.

I think the STL offense wasn't as bad as we are lead to believe, at least from a QB performance perspective.

Given how Sanchez looked good in Chip's O before his predisposition for stupid INTs came back makes me think Chip is looking for Stafford to be a better decision maker in his O. I think he let go of Foles because while he had the smarts, he was not fast enough making his choices and the hesitation cost him. I think he saw Stafford run the hurry up in college and sees he can make quick decisions. If healthy he could have a career year if he understands how to run this O.
Joegrane
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 2 2015, 10:39 PM) *

Thanks for the stats. I had not seen them previously.

I agree with Birdwatcher that Bradford should have a decent year--as long as the O Line holds up and the young WRs are not terrible.
Zero
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ May 2 2015, 11:07 PM) *
Given how Sanchez looked good in Chip's O before his predisposition for stupid INTs came back makes me think Chip is looking for Stafford to be a better decision maker in his O. I think he let go of Foles because while he had the smarts, he was not fast enough making his choices and the hesitation cost him. I think he saw Stafford run the hurry up in college and sees he can make quick decisions. If healthy he could have a career year if he understands how to run this O.

Stafford? I think you mean Beerford. biggrin.gif Otherwise, I agree.
nephillymike
I agree that Chip will likely improve his passer rating as he's done to others.

But if he's at a career 79 and the system takes him to 89, he's still out of the realm we need to be a SB contender IMO.

At a cost of $12M more in cap room and a 2nd round pick to swap with Foles, it seems like too much to me.

The hope here is that Bradford does have skills that will bear more benefits than meets the eye and his special skill set will fit like a glove. It will have to be in the passing game as his legs add nothing to the read option effectiveness.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.