Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: La'el Collins Situation
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000049...le-for-16-draft

If he is innocent, this is an absolute travesty.

The NFL needs to do something in this unique case.

For it to break two days before the draft and police to say he's not a suspect and this to happen?

He can only get approx 20K of bonus and a minimum contract.

Really unfair IMO.

If he's guilty, I'm Ok with the worse punishment around.

If he's not, they have to give him a shot.

Eyrie
Would he be able to enter the supplementary draft?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 3 2015, 04:54 AM) *
Would he be able to enter the supplementary draft?

That request was denied also
Eyrie
Would he be able to sign as a FA for any team in 2016?
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 3 2015, 08:09 AM) *
That request was denied also

I haven't followed any of this. If he hasn't committed any crime would he have a basis to sue the league?
Zero
Collins' representatives had told clubs that Collins would refuse to sign with a team that drafted him outside the third round and that Collins would simply re-enter the draft in 2016. However, that is not an option according to NFL rules, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday.

Collins will theoretically be available to sign as an undrafted free agent if he is cleared legally. But the amount that a team could pay him would be heavily limited by NFL rules governing undrafted free agents.
Linc ...
Reality Fan
My guess is there is a lot more to the story at this point. 32 teams did not steer clear of him because the police just wanted to talk to him.....they all have security offices that have ex police and FBI guys that have lots of contacts and can get information not available to the media.

I will be surprised if there is not more to come from this. I am still wondering why he did not speak with the police immediately to clear the air. it was reported that they were trying to contact him but he had not yet responded to them.....not a wise move.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.