Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Draft thoughts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
Extremely satisfied with the first two picks, also like Shepherd. I think he could possibly turn into a steal for us. The others picks I like and I'm okay with, I do wish we had gotten some O-line depth though. I'm worried that the Hicks pick almost means that Kendricks is expendable and might not be here for this season or resigned after this season because I really like him and I'm not really a big fan of getting rid of him. I guess we'll see if Chip has anything left in store for us! Hell of an offseason, can't wait for the regular season now!!
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ May 2 2015, 08:59 PM) *
Extremely satisfied with the first two picks, also like Shepherd. I think he could possibly turn into a steal for us. The others picks I like and I'm okay with, I do wish we had gotten some O-line depth though. I'm worried that the Hicks pick almost means that Kendricks is expendable and might not be here for this season or resigned after this season because I really like him and I'm not really a big fan of getting rid of him. I guess we'll see if Chip has anything left in store for us! Hell of an offseason, can't wait for the regular season now!!

I think you guys did okay. I really think your first round pick was specifically tailored to Bradford, so it makes good sense. Like you, I'm a little surprised they didnt look at the O-line, especially considering the current attitude of Mathis.
Joegrane
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ May 2 2015, 09:59 PM) *

Yea, Kendricks is out of here after the season. Should be valuable this year though. I expect him to show up in a contract year.

D Ryans can't be expected to be an every down player any longer. Will Alanzo and Ryans be 100% at the start of the season?

I think Hicks will be a player for us but think he is a bit of a project physically. He needs to bulk up and add strength. He should be a nice contributor on special teams. Remember we lost Chris Polk, a good Sp Teamer.

I have no idea what will happen in the secondary. Maybe Boykin will still be valuable while the young DBs continue to learn. I would not be convinced they will be much better in the secondary except for the improvements at LB. That should allow them to free up a Safety in some situations and provide more help outside. Also hopefully the younger B. Graham will give them more pass rush than Cole provided last year.

I see this as a transition year. There are so many new players. I doubt they will make the playoffs. I'm guessing 9 wins.
Eyrie
Main things for me were the failures to address OL and S.

Given the numbers that we had at CB even before the two picks in round 6, I'd have moved Boykin for an early 4th and grabbed Clemmings. He could have played RG for a year or two, then moved to T when Peters retires (LT or RT depends on Johnson). Right now we're faced with an ageing left side and no clear route forward.

Unless the plan is for Rowe to move back to S, we have a gaping hole next to Jenkins.

Other than that, I like the picks. Losing Maclin was disappointing but we made him a good offer, so Agholor is a ready made replacement. Rowe looks a good pick and whilst I'd have preferred an OLB, Hicks adds depth to an injury-prone ILB group and maybe one of them can cover OLB. Shepherd looks a steal in round six, although as with Mihalik there is a question why someone would drop that far. That only leaves Evans, but I don't expect much from a sixth round pick so his position is less important than taking the most suitable player available.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 3 2015, 06:02 AM) *
Main things for me were the failures to address OL and S.

Given the numbers that we had at CB even before the two picks in round 6, I'd have moved Boykin for an early 4th and grabbed Clemmings. He could have played RG for a year or two, then moved to T when Peters retires (LT or RT depends on Johnson). Right now we're faced with an ageing left side and no clear route forward.

Unless the plan is for Rowe to move back to S, we have a gaping hole next to Jenkins.

Other than that, I like the picks. Losing Maclin was disappointing but we made him a good offer, so Agholor is a ready made replacement. Rowe looks a good pick and whilst I'd have preferred an OLB, Hicks adds depth to an injury-prone ILB group and maybe one of them can cover OLB. Shepherd looks a steal in round six, although as with Mihalik there is a question why someone would drop that far. That only leaves Evans, but I don't expect much from a sixth round pick so his position is less important than taking the most suitable player available.

OL is really the only concern I have. They've passed there for two straight years - Peters and Mathis aren't getting any younger. The puzzling part is they also ignored OL in FA. It doesn't fit, and I have to think the team likes their players more than we know or they've got something else in mind.

With all of the DBs they've collected I think they'll be fine at S ... I haven't given up on Wolff either. They've improved at LB with Alonzo and now Hicks. Although I'm not assuming anything, Smith has apparently dedicated himself and could contribute. I think they'll be fine on D.

Kelly keeps insisting Kendricks remains in their plans. We'll see. If he is, they need to extend him after they clear up Bradford's contract to create some cap room. OTOH, Boykin wants to start on the outside and is likely gone. They have an overstock at DB and he's probably trade bait. Possible they could trade him for a young backup OL who may be in a similar situation on another team?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.