Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I don't think Chip ever expected to get MM
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
But I think he loved the way the media made it into a big story.
Anyone who thinks he had all his effort put into acquiring his 'guy' was just a media and fan base delusion, he is far too smart for that. Chip is about logic, which dictates you need options, and I think he saw Foles as someone who was still making judgement mistakes as our QB. From what Chip said last night, which could be exposed by the Titans as a lie if it wasn't true, they never dangled all the players and picks reported. I think Tennessee may have asked for all that, but as Chip said, 'nice house but too expensive.'

I think he saw, at least from his college games, that Bradford is a better decision maker than either Foles or Sanchez, and why not see if that translates into success here. It is a one or two year test run, even if they get him to sign an extension. To me, this is year one of Chip's real tenure, building the team the way he sees it should be, not the shared vision Howie had.

I have come to the conclusion that trying to analyzing what Chip will do is simply an act of futility, because he is nothing like any other NFL coach or GM. Personally, I am enjoying the ride.
BirdsWinBaby
Teams don't publicly disclose the terms of negotiations so chip can say what he wants with no fear of being outed by Tenn. Info will get leaked by an anonymous team source if anything but that again gives Chip plenty of room for deniability

That being said its kool if you want to give Chip the benefit of the doubt. Chip is a master at creating doubt so whether you believe in him or not you have plenty reason to do so
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ May 1 2015, 02:45 PM) *
Teams don't publicly disclose the terms of negotiations so chip can say what he wants with no fear of being outed by Tenn. Info will get leaked by an anonymous team source if anything but that again gives Chip plenty of room for deniability

That being said its kool if you want to give Chip the benefit of the doubt. Chip is a master at creating doubt so whether you believe in him or not you have plenty reason to do so

Look, given the state of journalism these days especially, all these scenarios have no legitimate support. Never once did I hear Chip say he was going all in as reported, in fact he said quite the opposite when in front of the press himself. I just think he has a longer vision that no one is able to see yet, I'm just glad we have a coach and 'GM' not tied to the SOP of the NFL.
Zero
I think Jeff McLane is a pretty decent reporter. Here's what he wrote:
The Eagles never got to the point of offering players to the Titans for the No. 2 draft pick and a chance to draft Marcus Mariota, NFL sources said.

The Titans wanted a package of draft picks -- and possibly more -- that would have rivaled what the Redskins gave up for Robert Griffin III in the 2012 draft, according to one source. Peter King of Sports Illustrated was the first to report that the Eagles never offered Sam Bradford and Fletcher Cox, among others, to the Titans, despite a contrary report.
Sure Kelly wanted him, bad enough to make a play for him but not bad enough to sell the farm. And, it appears that the Titans wanted him just as bad or more.

It wasn't meant to be. A nice pipe dream for some but I don't think it was ever near to being reality.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.