Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now that it's Bradford ....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Bradford, Sanchez, Barkley, Tebow.

Reality is that Bradford is at least a health question and if he goes down Sanchez is next up. He may be better than he was last year and the defense should be better but the chances of going all the way with him are not very good I would think. Barkley and Tebow are not in this conversation, IMO.

Question: do they draft a young guy to groom? I'd say that should be a definite, but how high and who? My guess is Grayson in 3 or 4 or Bennet late.
mcnabbulous
I'd roll with Bradford for a year and if it doesn't work out, look to draft someone next year.
koolaidluke
Sanchez will be worse than he was last year, not better. Not sure why people are expecting an improvement.

All you have to do is watch the tape of Bradford to see that he is a top 10 talent. He just needs to stay healthy and be in a system where he can succeed.
mcnabbulous
He's probably a top-5 talent. Luck is the only guy I have thought higher of coming out in the past decade.

Hopefully St. Louis didn't ruin him for good.
D Rock
QUOTE (Zero @ May 1 2015, 10:48 AM) *
Bradford, Sanchez, Barkley, Tebow.

Reality is that Bradford is at least a health question and if he goes down Sanchez is next up. He may be better than he was last year and the defense should be better but the chances of going all the way with him are not very good I would think. Barkley and Tebow are not in this conversation, IMO.

Question: do they draft a young guy to groom? I'd say that should be a definite, but how high and who? My guess is Grayson in 3 or 4 or Bennet late.

No. They get Mariota after he crashes and burns in Tenn. Bradford starts this season (and next) then we trade a conditional mid round pick for MM after 2016.
Speed_Kills
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ May 1 2015, 12:36 PM) *
He's probably a top-5 talent. Luck is the only guy I have thought higher of coming out in the past decade.

Hopefully St. Louis didn't ruin him for good.

You are correct. Health is the only issue. If he stays up right he is going to be a great QB, not because of the system, because of the type talent he IS.

Wait till camp, mark this down, you will hear the camp reports about how the ball explodes out of this cat's hand.

St. Louis never gave him any help at wr, it was criminal, it really was. And he was drafted by the worst football team of the past 40 years. Go back and check the "talent" on the 2010, cripes they won 5 games the previous 3 years COMBINED!

Fisher got cute and he and Snead are betting on Sam getting hurt again which might happen but if it does not Philly will have it's QB for the next 12 years. Heck he is STILL younger than Warner was when he first started for the Rams in 99'.
Joegrane
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ May 1 2015, 12:24 PM) *
Sanchez will be worse than he was last year, not better. Not sure why people are expecting an improvement.

I fear you are correct, but that is still good for a #2 Qb. You can't expect 64% completion from #2.

All you have to do is watch the tape of Bradford to see that he is a top 10 talent. He just needs to stay healthy and be in a system where he can succeed.

That is why I thought they'd draft OG/OT Fisher not a WR. I also didn't think Chip would want to help Bradford's passing stats in a contract year.

Hopefully St. Louis didn't ruin him for good. (mcnabbulous)

The Eagles's O Coordinator was in St. Louis during Bradford's best year.

As long as the O Line holds up, I like Bradford's chances for a solid year. Unlike Foles two years ago, I don't think Bradford has the weapons to have a ProBowl caliber season.

I don't expect Bradford to play 16 games but Sanchez can get you a win against average teams.

JeeQ
My only concern with Bradford is his durability... you can't be a franchise QB if you can't take the field... and I think it's why the Rams were willing to trade him after spending a #1 pick on him
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.